------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DiViNiTY1337

Re: ------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post by DiViNiTY1337 »

I am soooooo pissed right now, I don't have the C:\Program Files\Mx Simulator file. AAARGH! :@
Som1, please help me, I need to get the 1.3 snapshot, and I don't understand the commands either, maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't think I'm doing it wrong but what do I know... Right, whatever, just help me someone pleeeease!
mxkid592
Team: Privateer

Post by mxkid592 »

hey yesterday when i was downloading tracks it was alowing me to extract them into the personal file, but today i tried to download some tracks and it wont let me extract them to the personal file. like i will drag a track over to the personal file folder and nothing happens, i even look under it to see if it did extract and its not on there. any help or ideas?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You dont need hand guards if you know you will be in front.
Check out some of my mxs whips they are sick!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTfb6xUElE
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

Hi, my friend is playing mx sim on linux(ubuntu 9.04) and he can run the editor. How to run it in linux?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

DiViNiTY1337 wrote:I am soooooo pissed right now, I don't have the C:\Program Files\Mx Simulator file. AAARGH! :@
Som1, please help me, I need to get the 1.3 snapshot, and I don't understand the commands either, maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't think I'm doing it wrong but what do I know... Right, whatever, just help me someone pleeeease!
If you can't find the install folder, right click the shortcut icon and choose properties. The install path should be in the link target.
jd5820 wrote:Hi, my friend is playing mx sim on linux(ubuntu 9.04) and he can run the editor. How to run it in linux?
The editor works the same way on Linux. Add --editor to the command line parameters.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Smokecheck

Re: FAQ - Noobs come here!

Post by Smokecheck »

wheels1758 wrote:regarding the Rider setup, is there somewhere that someone has explained what all of the setup items do(rider vertical spring, damping, forward spring, etc.) I havent been able to find anything. If not, is there someone who knows what each of them do and would be willing to explain? Thanks.
Wheels

Hmmmm......this would be nice!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Hi, I have a problem with TorontoSX, online it says that error of current track modified ...
But I already download all objects and I re-downloaded that track to, but still same problem.
It's the only track where I have this problem with. Is there someone who can help me?

Thx Frederik#77
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
NIKK SPILLANE #244

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

JLV are you going to add in the 2010 really basic models, like the stock ones into the game?
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

could anyone point me into the direction of the thread where it tells me what all the stability settings mean? i remember someone made a list i just can't find it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

jlv posted it before, I'm just not sure where (don't feel like searching). I posted it at MXGHQ though:
Leveling - How much the bike wants to roll towards vertical.
Roll Damping - How quickly the bike leans over.
Roll Limit Angle - The angle when extra roll damping kicks in.
Roll Limit Factor - How much extra roll damping you get past roll limit angle.
Steering Damping - How quickly the bars turn.
Steering Strength - The force used to turn the bars.
Max Steering Force - The maximum forced applied to the bars.
Direct Steering - At 0, the steering control sets the target lean angle. At 1, the steering directly applies force to the handlebars.
Slow Damping Speed - Speed in feet per second below which you get extra roll damping.
Slow Damping Factor - Amount of extra roll damping you get below slow damping speed.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Uh so I formatted my comp and saved all mxs files and so, and except for all names in "tracks" being fucked up, some tracks come up all white..Any way to fix this?
And half of the tracks are named Peronalfolder/*trackname here*
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'm guessing you wound up restoring everything into "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MX Simulator\Peronalfolder" instead of just "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MX Simulator" or "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Cant get erode to work, it looks like this
"C:\Program\MX Simulator\mx.exe" --erode 1.0

Can anyone see what im doing wrong? >.<
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Take both of the " out of there.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

TimFerry15 wrote:Take both of the " out of there.
Cant, game wont start then :( But editor works fine
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Hm, that's weird, mine works without them in there, and Bill (hvpunk) had the same problem as you, and i think that's what fixed it for him.

Yours is: "C:\Program\MX Simulator\mx.exe" --erode 1.0
Should it not be: "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator\mx.exe" --erode 1.0

And if that's not the case, make sure that the name of the Mx Simulator game file (.exe) is really named "mx.exe". Because the snapshots for Mx Sim are named something like "2010-01-09-mx.exe"