Review of MX Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DarinSRT

Review of MX Simulator

Post by DarinSRT »

We've just released our 57th episode of Inside Sim Racing and we covered MX Simulator.

Check it out here..

http://www.insidesimracing.tv

Thanks again to Josh for hooking us up with some some codes to test this incredible sim with! We love it and will continue to keep our eyes on it and have fun with it.

To everyone that contributes to this title and helps it grow, kudos to you too.

Darin Gangi
http://www.insidesimracing.tv
Prologue

Re: Review of MX Simulator

Post by Prologue »

Good job on the review. It would have been nice to see a mention of the downloadable skins and also that the AI was horrible only on the user created tracks, but still, great job. I hope we get some more sim lovers in the community, it is always great to attract that crowd.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

That was pretty sick!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yeah, those two points that Prologue brought up caused some raised eyebrows to me too. You guys were using user tracks in some parts but not user created models or skins, and no mention about the models either?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Nice review, That was a awesome marketing for the game, congrats jlv for receiving a thumbs up :D
btw Cypress <B
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty good review. The AI can actually get better at user created tracks, you just have to train them. At first I said to myself "why does the bike look so jittery?" Then realized you were using arcade mode :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Thanks for the review guys. Glad you had the patience to learn the game!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Shadow wrote:Yeah, those two points that Prologue brought up caused some raised eyebrows to me too. You guys were using user tracks in some parts but not user created models or skins, and no mention about the models either?
I guess the reason for that is because the tracks that they used were the track contest tracks that JLV has the rights to distribute. JLV cant distribute the models/skins created so they didn't include them
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

argh yes, would have been nice to show ppl what they would be playing after they bought the game with user created content and such, but...as it stands, what they see is what they get in initially. good review nontheless! btw, rFactor, lfs, or RBR for a rally sim? :D
mxer223

Post by mxer223 »

The review was ok but I personally think it's better than they make it sound in the review.
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

Lol, I like how my track " Timber Hills" is shown (15:38) with the ai just sitting at the gate, how embarrassing. On a side note, Jessica Lopez is pretty hot.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Dang, great review, and yes she is hot :D
Only thing i kinda missed was a part where you would have shown some photos or some material of the old game, and then some pics or vid clips of the new versions and how mutch this game improoved.
But still a great review!