Suspension Setup Tips/Advice/Discussion

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
twentythreemx

Re: Suspension Setup Tips/Advice/Discussion

Post by twentythreemx »

what are you running for compression on front/rear?
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

twentythreemx wrote:what are you running for compression on front/rear?
In the 50's. If I go much higher everything seems too stiff. I am a person that likes soft suspension though as long as there aren't any bottoming issues (real life too). But for supercross you've gotta crank em up a little to get on/off certain obstacles.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

twentythreemx wrote:So whats everyone running for settings now with the new snapshot?? I was just starting to try to dial in with the previous snapshot (just purchased game a few days ago) and have been having some trouble.

Seems like the rear end kicks around a lot. I have a pretty good understanding for real life set up and tried to apply it to this but still having some trouble..

i know there are a few posts with settings but does anyone mind posting them up now with the new settings available??

Also when you guys threw in the new snapshot and said its "better" did you reset everything to default and it was better??
This is what I'm using
compression damping front/rear 48/46
rebound damping 45/47
spring rate 33 both
preload 55/39 so it's more stable in straights.
oil level 37

And to your last question, no. All the old adjusters were what I had set them to be before and the new settings were at default value and it still was noticeably better.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yomo

Post by yomo »

BUMP!
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Wow... the whoop stability feature really makes a difference.

The whoops at Anaheim 2 '10 are quite hard, but with this, i can go 6th pinned in the whoops consistently and then triple-double cleanly right before finish line.)

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. I found that turning the steering strength and the max steering force all the way up makes a miraculous change. More strength = more control= sicker and more landed scrubs and whips.

Dammit, now everyone is going to be fast.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Here is what I'm using for suspension. It seems to work okay for motocross, but supercross it doesn't feel right to me.

fork_compression_adjustment=55.000000
fork_rebound_adjustment=40.000000
fork_spring_rate_adjustment=45.000000
fork_preload_adjustment=50.000000
fork_oil_level_adjustment=50.000000
shock_compression_adjustment=45.000000
shock_rebound_adjustment=37.000000
shock_spring_rate_adjustment=50.000000
shock_preload_adjustment=45.000000
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Smokecheck

Post by Smokecheck »

Looks too soft, I am up in the 80's for compression and rebound. Supercross is a different animal. 8)
yomo

Post by yomo »

yzmxer608 wrote:Here is what I'm using for suspension. It seems to work okay for motocross, but supercross it doesn't feel right to me.
I would increase rear preload to at min be above front, probably more. This makes the bike turn down in berms much easier, which is essential for sx.

I would also increase compression and rebound damping, and increasr the gap between the values of front and rear.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thanks guys, I'll have to try that out.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Hey Guys fairly new to this game just starting to complete laps without crashing mainly due to the front End.
I am fairly wise to a real life situation but in real life you have control of your body to adjust where your weight is placed.
I just cant seem to trust my front end unless there is a mass burm constantly puts me on the edge of my seat just waiting for it to wash out?? anyone have simple remedy you all must have been through this do you hold the sit button down for corners??
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

After much SX testing of the suspension setups of several ppl known to be very fast, I have my forks at

55-55- comp/rebound

and shock at

50-50-

both are at 45 preload. It is true, the chopper style doesn't work ideally in supercross, so my suspension is level. I'd prefer not to set up a bike to be ass-up front-fender down, but maybe I'll even do that. I know of one top guy who even raced A3 with forks at 35 and shock at 50, like a stink-bug.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

SKERICK wrote:Hey Guys fairly new to this game just starting to complete laps without crashing mainly due to the front End.
I am fairly wise to a real life situation but in real life you have control of your body to adjust where your weight is placed.
I just cant seem to trust my front end unless there is a mass burm constantly puts me on the edge of my seat just waiting for it to wash out?? anyone have simple remedy you all must have been through this do you hold the sit button down for corners??
Just like in real life, MX bikes turn with the gas on. If you watch a vid or spectate someone like Shack riding, they are always steering with the gas and it looks more like they are going to slide out the back end rather than lose the front end. Still, it is possible to turn and brake, if you learn to control your steering subtly. I could go almost the same pace on all the tracks w/out a sit-down button, so it is not that necessary if you find the race line. This game shouldn't be a button smasher- even in SX, when I'm starting to find the fast line, I'm usually making very subtle and small joystick movements.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Yeah you need to be very smooth and in control. Use an analog controller for both steering and throttle and hold the dab button while going through the corners. When you are going around the corner be very progressive with your power and just practise really!
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

My supercross setting which probably wont work for anyone else....

Fork Compression Damping: 75
Fork Rebound Damping: 25
Fork Spring Rate: 50
Fork Preload: 50
Fork Oil Level: 25

Shock Compression Damping: 25
Shock Rebound Damping: 60
Shock Spring Rate: 15
Shock Preload: 25

Forks are very stiff, and the shock is rather soft.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

That is pretty similar to mine :D

I need something different for Indy though, my bike is NOT liking that track so far.