What tracks do you want on JLVs servers?!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Re: What tracks do you want on JLVs servers?!

Post by karlwb »

on the 01 MX (user track) server i'd like to see

#1~ a lot less tracks in the rotation,a set of 8 maybe
#2~ every 8-12 weeks or so replace with another set of 8
#3~ perhaps each set containing 5 or 6 old favorites and 2 or 3 of the best new releases
#4~ perhaps confine it to nationals type tracks only (seems to me too wide a variety of type)
#4~ eliminate tracks with poor visibilty (its a simple thing for a track maker to update with a lightened decal,shadow or skybox)
#5~ promote a wider variety of track surfaces (maybe update some older tracks with better surfaces)

(many user tracks have a too low roll resistance to friction ratio,
ie.the surface is too fast, scrubs very little speed throttle off and the bike breaks away easily at any angle off the vertical
it'd be good to see encouraged a wider variety of surfaces chosen by track makers besides this.
a little more roll resistance and little less friction produces a softer track surface,the bike can move around more and
give much better control off the vertical because the bike breaks away more predictably,
you gotta work a little harder to gain speed,but can scrub speed easier,
so you can push the bike harder!

the 00 (stock tracks) server is popular because the tracks work well,they're easy to learn,they're all good visibly, and also work ok for a variety of set-ups.

the 01 (mx user tracks) are more gnarly and technical,and should be more challenging,but i think it has too many tracks,and inconsistent qualities
to attract or hold riders for any length.