why i'm leaving and why i'm so pissed

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

why i'm leaving and why i'm so pissed

Post by giopanda »

let me explain for the last time the reasons.
as some of you know, i am an illustrator, and as an illustrator i live on copyrights.
for those of you who don't know what an illustrator does, well i draw pictures, for books, cd covers, advertising and posters.
what pays my bills and buys my food are the clients that pay copyrights to use my images.
many of you still keep telling me that it's just a little picture, well that little picture you're talking about, the tech10 boots, took me approximately 35/40 hours of work, so i would call it little just because of the size.
if you really want to know, in terms of copyrights cession (don't know the exact term in english) if jlv would buy them to use in game they would cost let's say for an exclusive use for this game for 5 years areound a thousand dollars.
copyrights are a very complicate matter, i got payed once for a week of work 12000 euros, no kidding, just because the images were needed by a major industry here in europe.
so please stop trying to tell what you don't even know anything about, i know those things and i know exactly my rights.
what if you were a car seller?
could i come to your place and get the smallest car for free?
c'mon it's the smallest and cheapest one why not getting it for free?
why don't we all pirate mxs?
c'mon it's not even a company that made it it's just a single guy what's the problem in stealing it?
it's this kind of behaviour that ruins everything.
as for this last episode, after what happened between messiah and ddmx or between messiah and showtime it does amaze me, in a very negative way, that someone could still be so stupid, or better unaware of the consequeces.
i never had the occasion to interact with yfmx, but i know from mxghq forums he did a lot of stuff and looks like a trusted person..not to me, and this shocked me more.
he sent me a pm (and later posted publicly) apologising about having those boots on his template, so i guess this is where ddmx comes in.
i think he did it for good even if i don't agree at all because noone ever asked me the permission to send around my stuff.
ddmx had those boots just because they were based on his model, i have a good relationship with him, i could call him a friend, that's why i sent them with no problem.
what i don't understand is why yfmx had them on his template, forgot to ask permission and forgot to get rid of them when he sold them to others.
when i do grocery i usually don't put stuff in my pockets but in the cart, because it would be hard to explain the security guys why i tried to steal something..
i don't have anything against yfmx personally except what just happended and i'm sorry that he would be the example of how serious this thing is and how serious it is to me.
but this is our businness and i'll take care of it privately with him.
this is the reason why i decided to leave, and sad to say i'd like all the other "creators" for this game follow me, to teach all those kids an important lesson about respect and maturity.
maybe i'll come back in the future, when there will be the possibility of really secure files, and people around here will have that brain, maturity and sense of respect and responsability to be called men and not kids.
in case you didn't noticed everything on my mediafire account has been deleted, i'm gonna find out how to delete downloadable contents on puremxs, i'll ask showtime to not release his new rider model with all my skins and maps, other little images that took me months to complete at an almost professional level, and ask ddmx if he please can get rid of his fox vertex gear's download (as long as he doesn't use other boots textures) and even the old ktms, not to mention he would never get the mapped ones that took me months, considering the fact that i began working on the the day after maps were available in the game and finished a couple of weeks ago.
i know it sounds too much, but it's what many of you deserve.
i'm sorry for who always been by my side, with compliments, comments and giving me the motivation to go on, to those of you (too few) i say i'm sorry to leave, to all the others i say i'm sorry to ever been here.

gio

p.s i ask sorry for all the errors i made, my english isn't perfect i know and my state of mind doesn't help at all right now. sorry again. call me drama queen or whatever you want, i just want to be honest and respectful, all i ask back is being treated the same from the others.
Jake_413

Re: why i'm leaving and why i'm so pissed

Post by Jake_413 »

wwhhooaa. didnt see that coming.. after all you have done alot for the game to get nearly nothing but props back..
i feel ya sorry your leaving :/
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

No your not sorry, you just want his work.
Buttscratcher?
Judan

Post by Judan »

I understand all of that its just thats what happens when your in a game where its all ages, there is always going to be someone that doesnt understand fully what can and will happen.
I suggest a disclaimer by jlv, DJ or someone else explaining in dot points why they shouldnt do this and what could happen if they do.

So sorry to hear this gio your a excelent artist and im positive the time youve spent on everything is greatly appreciated even if it wont be released

Im hope we see you floating around these forums again soon.
DANSX125
Team: Privateer

Post by DANSX125 »

Who dosen't want his work i mean its amazing and its a shame hes leaving after all hes made for this community but after whats happened i dont blame him for leaving.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It should be common sense to not use people's work without getting approval.

Damn, my YZF workees are dropping off like flies
Judan

Post by Judan »

DJ wrote:It should be common sense to not use people's work without getting approval.

Damn, my YZF workees are dropping off like flies
ill do mine i dont care if anyone steals my stuff just shows how shit they are imo
yomo

Post by yomo »

Im sorry you have to leave gio, I understand why although I am unaware of exactly what happened.

Some of us really appreciate you work, I know I do.

Again I dont know what happened, but the ban hammer needs to be dropped. Anyone that rips stuff should just be IP banned. Unfortunately Gio leaving wont solve anything because this is probably just a 1 month fad for some people which they dont give a shit about.

Again, its a shame you have to leave and best of luck with everything in the future!
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

There may be alot of people who rip and do stupid shit, but there are so many who really appreciate your work, I sure do, and am very sad to hear that you're leaving the community. And I really hope you'll come back.
Good job rippers..I hope you die :x We just lost one of our top creators.

Thanks for everything you've done for this community.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Thank you so much for everything you've done, I wish you didn't feel you have to leave but I can see how distressing it could be when people do these things time and time again. Best of wishes to you and all your endeavours
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

Gio, Hopefully in the future you willl return and make us some more kick ass stuff. I loved everything you made. Good job and keep it up!!!
As for rippers, you guys just lost us one of the best creaters we had. Nice job :cry: :evil: :| :roll: Idiots!
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

brent26 wrote:Gio, Hopefully in the future you willl return and make us some more kick ass stuff.
Really? I think that is the total opposite of his intentions in making this topic.
brent26 wrote:I loved everything you made. Good job and keep it up!!!
Hopefully he will keep it up, in the projects he takes on in the future.
JP37R wrote:Best of wishes to you and all your endeavours
yomo wrote:best of luck with everything in the future!
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

If you read the whole paragraph, He said. He might come back when theres more secure lockdowns and more people called men. Do you see acting like i use to ferry? No, Im saying in there. Hopefully he might come back one day and make more kick ass stuff.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Can't really blame the guy for leaving us. Oh well, thanks for all the awesome stuff you made and best of luck to ya.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

So, i totaly understand that since after the kx was stole, i've totaly lost my interest on ever finishing that.
It's sad to lose a tallented skinner :(
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND