MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Servatis

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application (v2.2 27-jan-2010)

Post by Servatis »

Question:

I'm adding a feature where you can copy a selected setup to your clipboard.
So you can copy and paste a setup into a text editor or onto a forum etc..

also working on reversing that, so you can copy a setup from somewhere, paste it into the Setup editor and have the application automatically fill out all the text boxes.

now my question to you guys is do you want it to be in a format like this:
Setup Name = Default
Stability = 100
Leveling = 20
Roll Damping = 80
or in the format of the config file like this:
stability=15.000000
leveling=20.000000
roll_damping=47.500000
The advantage of the first is that it's a lot easier on the eyes, and easier to read I think.
The advantage of the second being that it can be pasted into the config file.
While that isn't really necesary to people using this application since they can load it in the bike setup app, it might be usefull to people not using this app.

also the other settings in the config file in between the bike setup settings like
arcade=No
front_brake=Antilock
rear_brake=Antilock
stop_wheelies=Yes
auto_shift=Yes
auto_dab=Yes
sticky_dab=No
reverse_steering=Yes
lean_indicator=No
obviously won't be included in the copy to clipboard.
So someone wanting to paste it into the config file directly, would have to paste around that.

In your opinion what would be the best format to put it in?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

The second option would be more universal, I would probably say the second one. Imo I don't think it's too hard to read like that.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
FMXIAN
Team: Star Island Motors

Post by FMXIAN »

This thing is sick, i cant tell you how many bike setup notepad documents i've trashed now with this fantastical new program! :D
Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.
Servatis

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application (v2.3 23-feb-2010)

Post by Servatis »

Version 2.3 can now be downloaded! Please read below.

Changes:
• Column for setup name will now auto size to the largest setup name.
• Added Contect menu strips(right-click menu’s) right-click on the overview or setup editor and a menu will appear.
• Added 2 menu’s, Overview Options and Setup Editor Options. One of these will be shown in the menu depending on which tab is currently active.
• Added Copy/Paste Functionality. Select a setup on the overview and press ctrl+c to copy. Put the cursor in a text box on the setup editor and press ctrl+v to paste. There are several other ways to copy and paste. For more info read below or refer to the help section in the application.
• Updated the help section to include all the new functions.
• Fixed a minor bug which made the “Go To Personal Folder” option in the main menu, go to the installation folder instead of the personal folder.

-----The setup file: (since 2.2)

If you have 2.2 installed it will ask you to uninstall the application, do this, repair will not work (at least it didn’t for me). Uninstalling and then installing the new version will work.

Important for people with and older version of MXS BSA! (2.1):
You can leave the old MXS Bike Setup Application.exe (version 2.1 and older) in the personal folder for now(as a back-up maybe), it will not interfere with the newly installed version. You do have to remember however that the installation creates its own shortcuts, so remove the old shortcut from your desktop (or wherever you placed it).
Using the old shortcut will result in using the old application (obviously:)).

The setup file will install several things on your pc.
First of all the application, which has the same functionality but can now access the MXS Setups folder and config file from anywhere on your pc.
The MXS Setups folder will remain in the personal folder so after installation everything is ready for use.
An icon will also be installed which is used by the shortcuts and the application.
And last but not least, a folder with the help files will be installed.
These are .htm files that are used by the application but can also be opened with any web browser to view them outside of the application.

-----Copy/Paste Functionality:

copy/paste setups from and to anywhere :) (as long as they have the formatting like in the config file).

From the applications’ help section:

Copy:
The purpose of this feature is to allow you to copy any setup and then paste it as text on, for example, a forum or in a text editor.
So there will be no more need to copy the setup out of the config file.
How:
This feature can be accessed in a number of different ways.
1. Select a setup on the overview, then press the ctrl+c shortcut keys.
2. Select a setup on the overview, then click the “Copy Selected Setup To Clipboard” option in the “Overview Options” menu.
3. Right-click on a setup on the overview, then select the “Copy Selected Setup To Clipboard” in the menu.

Paste:
This is basically the opposite function of the copy.

For example:
Someone posts a setup you would like to try on a forum. Whether this posted setup is copied out of a config file or a MXS Bike Setup Application does not matter.
Just copy the setup from that forum and paste it into the setup editor using one of the methods listed below.

The application reads the lines pasted into the application, when it recognizes a line belonging to a setting it will automatically enter the value into the text box.
It is not necessary for all the lines to be present, the application loads whichever lines it recognizes. Lines with no text or text that it doesn’t recognize are ignored.

For example, the following text can be pasted into the setup editor without problems:
Dit=een
roll_damping=50.000000
test
roll_limit_angle=70.000000

The result will be that the application picks out the roll damping and roll limit angle, and enters their values into the textboxes.
The rest of the text gets ignored.

After the settings are pasted into the textboxes you can continue creating or editing the setup like normal.

How:
There are several ways to paste the setup into the setup editor.
1. Place the cursor into one of the textboxes, then press the crtl+v shortcut keys.
2. In the “Setup Editor Options” menu select the “Paste Setup From Clipboard” option.
3. Right-click anywhere on the setup editor tab, then click the “Paste Setup From Clipboard” option.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty cool additions, the copy and paste seems to work pretty good. Good work :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
kurtmx

Post by kurtmx »

where the download link?? i cant find it anywhere on this page??
2017 Australian Mx Nationals MX1 - 3rd
LuKe
Team: Privateer

Post by LuKe »

Open your eyes and look at the very first sentence on this topic.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

I haven't played this game for quite some time, but I got the urge to play again, and after all the necessary updates and snapshots, this was the first thing I downloaded. It is a fantastic program, and the Help tab you added is excellent. The only question I have is in regards to the Fork Oil Level. I have seen Fork Oil measured in two different ways, one way is a measurement from the fluid level to the top of the fork. This measurement is a distance and is in MM. The second way is by volume which is usually measured in CC's or CM^3 (same thing). The volume is more widely used approach but I am ok with using the mm measurement. However, for my 09' YZ250, the recommend fork oil measurement is like 145-148mm. In this program, even at 0 fork oil level, the highest measurement rating you can obtain is 127mm. For volume, the recommended oil range is like 300-360cc's. I guess my question is, what do the mm represent in this program. I.e, for the spring rates, a value of "28" for example represents like a .42 kg/mm spring rate which is a legit spring rate. (I am guessing the exact value because I'm at work, but I think that's close). So that value of XXXmm, what does it represent?

This is just a question and not a complaint. So don't at all take it like I'm criticizing your work. I'm just curious that's all.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

well I don't ride irl myself so i'm not familliar with the exact measurements, the one that could answer your question for sure would be jlv.

besides that i cant really tell you anything, since you obviously know more about the subject than I do. :)

---

MXS Cares
Red619

Post by Red619 »

Does this application give the auto dab function?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Red619 wrote:Does this application give the auto dab function?
no, I figured that this together with auto shift etc were settings that don't need to be changed often, and when they are changed it's independent from a bike setup.

---

MXS Cares
Red619

Post by Red619 »

Sorry to go off topic, but i dont have the auto dab function or just cant find it. I have the lastest snapshot but cant find the dang function. Please help me out, would make things easier and maybe might let me take a stab at manual shifting. :) Do you know where I can find it.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

it's called sticky sit/dab in the bike setup menu ingame.

---

MXS Cares
Red619

Post by Red619 »

I thought that was to toggle dab. Meaning if you have it on sticky then once you press the button the rider stays sitting. And if its off you have to hold the button. Then if I get the application I can mess with the speeds the rider will stay sitting? So once it reaches a certian speed he stands? Sorry for all the questions just a little confused :?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

ah sorry i misunderstood..

there is a slider called Max dab speed. this will control at what maximum speed the rider puts his leg out.

there is no auto sit option, it that would not be very usefull. Since, for example, in slow whoops you don't want to be sitting down.

---

MXS Cares