Welcome!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Joe

Post by Joe »

i love it when do you think it will be done?
greenmachine

this woint work well on my laptop

Post by greenmachine »

For some reason this will not work as well as it should on my laptop, It keeps going really slow but when i go on the grass its fine, i dont know wat it is but if you could find out or something i would be most happy :D

and by the way this game is pure genious!!
:!:
:shock:

Post by Guest »

this game is pretty kool. only thing i didnt like is the turrning and the falling down and in the jumps you cant control the bike i keep crashing lol. the sound will do good for me but probably not for others and make some more track and put an track editor and your game will kickass JLV
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Post by nickmx »

Anonymous wrote:this game is pretty kool. only thing i didnt like is the turrning and the falling down and in the jumps you cant control the bike i keep crashing lol. the sound will do good for me but probably not for others and make some more track and put an track editor and your game will kickass JLV
thats me i said that
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I like the game...The biggest thing I think needs to be changed is the turning controls. When you turn the rider the controls should control the leaning not the handlebars. that way left will always be left and right will always be right. And you deffinately need to add forward and backward lean so you can have preloading and such. good start though and as I said if you would like to get a team together instead of just making this game by yourself I am very interested...I think if you get a couple people together on this game it could develop into something great. good job so far.

Post by Guest »

wakestyle21 wrote:I like the game...The biggest thing I think needs to be changed is the turning controls. When you turn the rider the controls should control the leaning not the handlebars. that way left will always be left and right will always be right. And you deffinately need to add forward and backward lean so you can have preloading and such. good start though and as I said if you would like to get a team together instead of just making this game by yourself I am very interested...I think if you get a couple people together on this game it could develop into something great. good job so far.
yeah good idea. yeah i would like to help out to make the game better, beside JLV doing it all by himself, but its his game so he should deside whatever he wants. its
willii

Post by willii »

jvh the full version when can whe dwl that

i like that game its a good game

the full version is it free to of do you need to buy it??
j bob

Post by j bob »

willii wrote:jvh the full version when can whe dwl that

i like that game its a good game

the full version is it free to of do you need to buy it??
he said the full version will not be freeware...we will have to buy it

i still think it would be worth it.....i want more tracks!!!!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Ok, first of all good job for making this all by yourself, my hat's off to you. Now that I've ridden the demo for a 100+ laps I think I've got a fairly good idea of what I like/dislike about it.

This game is hard! I like the challenge that the game gives and the fact that you have to be alert all the time or otherwise you'll soon be eating dirt, and when you finally managed to do something cleanly it gives a seriously strong feeling of accomplishment.
Shifting, works very well, I can/need to use gears just like irl and the engine sound lets me know when I need to shift higher/lower almost spot on.
Air-time, not talking about the bike movement while air but the actual flight. Feels just like a real jump, there's no floatiness and there's a clear distinction between small and big jumps.
Whipping, also works really well and gives the feeling of whipping a real bike.
AI, they ride smartly, do mistakes and slow down and try to avoid a fallen rider. Only thing I'd like is that if you could make a goon difficulty for the likes of myself who end up being lapped by the novice ai :oops: :D

Dislikes:
This game is hard! The really steep learning curve makes playing sometimes utterly frustrating and will scare people away. In the first two laps I crashed more times than I've ever crashed in real life.
Turning, doesn't really feel like I'm riding an agile race bike when the front end washes out or blows straight through the corner half the time. Feels like I'm riding on ice without spike tires.. Another thing I don't like about the turning is the fact that the rider doesn't put his leg out. As anyone who rides, knows that it's a crucial part of turning, I feel it should definitely be in an mx sim.
Landing, right now if I don't land perfectly straight the bike goes crazy and starts doing cartwheels all around the place. Managed to do a double frontflip and end up on my wheels one time because the front end landed just a little earlier than rear wheel. :D Also makes clean whips very hard when the front end has a tendency to land first and the rear wheel is still a little to either side.
Falling, feels so rigid and arcadey when the rider just stays on the bike like nothing happens when you land eg. sideways. Also needs a button for reverse, I got stuck more than once on the haybales, because the front tire was against one and I kept falling everytime I tried to give the bike gas.
Completely smooth tracks, where's all the bumps and ruts that make mx so interesting and challenging?
Gfx engine, not the most important thing, but makes the game look very old and outdated. Also it turns out that it doesn't like overclocking much, I had to revert back to the original clocks on my gfx card so the game wouldn't crash every 5 minutes.
Rider control, needs a lean forwards/backwards, bad. Damn annoying when the bike's front starts to drop in mid-air and there's nothing you can do to stop it..

The game shows a lot of potential but in my opinion, it's still a long way from being a game I'd pay serious money. Don't be discouraged though, I'm craving for a motocross sim and yours is the best, if not the only one out there. I'll definitely be checking up on your progress.

PS. Pardon me, if there's a lot of spelling/grammar errors as English isn't my native tongue :wink:
paul

must be better

Post by paul »

better graphics are a pre, with flags near the track and more camera views of the rider and supporters near the track and better looking bikes.
like mototrax
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

Shadow wrote:Ok, first of all good job for making this all by yourself, my hat's off to you. Now that I've ridden the demo for a 100+ laps I think I've got a fairly good idea of what I like/dislike about it.

This game is hard! I like the challenge that the game gives and the fact that you have to be alert all the time or otherwise you'll soon be eating dirt, and when you finally managed to do something cleanly it gives a seriously strong feeling of accomplishment.
Shifting, works very well, I can/need to use gears just like irl and the engine sound lets me know when I need to shift higher/lower almost spot on.
Air-time, not talking about the bike movement while air but the actual flight. Feels just like a real jump, there's no floatiness and there's a clear distinction between small and big jumps.
Whipping, also works really well and gives the feeling of whipping a real bike.
AI, they ride smartly, do mistakes and slow down and try to avoid a fallen rider. Only thing I'd like is that if you could make a goon difficulty for the likes of myself who end up being lapped by the novice ai :oops: :D

Dislikes:
This game is hard! The really steep learning curve makes playing sometimes utterly frustrating and will scare people away. In the first two laps I crashed more times than I've ever crashed in real life.
Turning, doesn't really feel like I'm riding an agile race bike when the front end washes out or blows straight through the corner half the time. Feels like I'm riding on ice without spike tires.. Another thing I don't like about the turning is the fact that the rider doesn't put his leg out. As anyone who rides, knows that it's a crucial part of turning, I feel it should definitely be in an mx sim.
Landing, right now if I don't land perfectly straight the bike goes crazy and starts doing cartwheels all around the place. Managed to do a double frontflip and end up on my wheels one time because the front end landed just a little earlier than rear wheel. :D Also makes clean whips very hard when the front end has a tendency to land first and the rear wheel is still a little to either side.
Falling, feels so rigid and arcadey when the rider just stays on the bike like nothing happens when you land eg. sideways. Also needs a button for reverse, I got stuck more than once on the haybales, because the front tire was against one and I kept falling everytime I tried to give the bike gas.
Completely smooth tracks, where's all the bumps and ruts that make mx so interesting and challenging?
Gfx engine, not the most important thing, but makes the game look very old and outdated. Also it turns out that it doesn't like overclocking much, I had to revert back to the original clocks on my gfx card so the game wouldn't crash every 5 minutes.
Rider control, needs a lean forwards/backwards, bad. Damn annoying when the bike's front starts to drop in mid-air and there's nothing you can do to stop it..

The game shows a lot of potential but in my opinion, it's still a long way from being a game I'd pay serious money. Don't be discouraged though, I'm craving for a motocross sim and yours is the best, if not the only one out there. I'll definitely be checking up on your progress.

PS. Pardon me, if there's a lot of spelling/grammar errors as English isn't my native tongue :wink:
good opinion.yeah the game has alote of work to do as in what i can see.
yeah ive gone like 100+ laps and it never gets boring. im trying ways where i can get threw the turns faster, which thats coming along slowly. but yeah the games is fun thow. cant wait tell its fully done.
mx43

Post by mx43 »

I just want to say i think that this game is a really good game and i love it and it would be good to have some more tracks :D :D :D
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

i got 2 shots of me riding 1st one is me whiping it out and the 2nd one is my fastest lap time
Image[/img]

willii

Post by willii »

@jvh :from where are you?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Shadow, I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. While I would like the game to be easier, I don't want to do it by applying artificial outside forces on the bike. I'd like to keep it "clean" in the sense that everything you do in the game could for the most part be duplicated in real life. With that said, I will probably put in a not physically correct arcade mode eventually.

My priorities right now are, in order:
  • Make more tracks and release tools so others can make tracks too.
    Online multiplayer.
    Better rider motion with lean forward/back controls.
    Optional arcade physics.
    Graphics enhancements.
    Maybe a mac version.
Once I get a good handful of tracks ready, I'll start selling it. Everything in my list except the new graphics I intend to release as free updates. The graphical improvements will probably be part of a sequel. Nothing is set in stone though.