Welcome!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

wakestyle21 wrote:I own a dirt bike and a road bike and I know that if you turn the bars you lean the oppisite way but I also know that when I'm riding I don't think about turning the bars to turn, I think about leaning to turn. If youre trying to make a sim and you can only have 1 method of turning the bike I would think you would use the one you actually think about in real life. Leaning is a much bigger part of cornering than is turning the bars.

The problem with using the bars to turn in the game is that when you are first starting out its opposite so this makes it very hard to steer when it transitions from being opposite to regular. If you used leaning instead left would always make you got left, and right would always make you go right. moto GP is a damn good sim for road racing and they use leaning.

think of the left analog stick as the riders body position on the bike left leans the rider to the left right leans the rider to the right, down leans the rider back, and up leans the rider forward.

If you dont agree then please at least make an option:
Cornering method: Lean bike / Turn bars
That's about how I was planning on making the arcade mode work. And while I do intend to do it, directly setting the lean angle that way is inherently unrealistic. It really can't be done without applying large external torques on the bike, and forcing things like that creates unnatural looking consequences. For example, consider a rider losing it when trying to turn in the middle of a whoop section. In real life (and MX Simulator) the bike will lean one way, hit the next whoop, bounce the other way, and usually end up high siding. If the lean angle is forced to match the controller, the bike will just make an unnatural turn right in the middle of a whoop section.

One more thing of interest to me - you say that the transition from slow to fast is what feels bad. Do you think it would work well if I forced the lean angle, but only at slow speeds? That might get rid of the slow speed steering transition without sacrificing the realistic physics.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

jlv wrote:That's about how I was planning on making the arcade mode work. And while I do intend to do it, directly setting the lean angle that way is inherently unrealistic. It really can't be done without applying large external torques on the bike, and forcing things like that creates unnatural looking consequences. For example, consider a rider losing it when trying to turn in the middle of a whoop section. In real life (and MX Simulator) the bike will lean one way, hit the next whoop, bounce the other way, and usually end up high siding. If the lean angle is forced to match the controller, the bike will just make an unnatural turn right in the middle of a whoop section.

One more thing of interest to me - you say that the transition from slow to fast is what feels bad. Do you think it would work well if I forced the lean angle, but only at slow speeds? That might get rid of the slow speed steering transition without sacrificing the realistic physics.
Sounds good as long as left is always left and right is always right.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

What settings are you riding at on the video? or is that just an AI rider. I really wanna know what stability setting turns like that but is still pretty stable.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That is me playing in the video. I don't remember what my settings were at that time, but I usually have it set at 40. If you check out the fastest laps thread, you'll see BoNails did a 69.3 (btw, holy cow that is fast!) at stability 60.
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

Hi , about the inverted turning i thing is better if the bar turn all times for the same side and not change for low or for high speed , at the momment i have my controls set to turn to the right side and just at very low speed is inverted , after i crash i just dont turn the bar to dont get the inverted thing , would be cool if you can make it turn all times for the same side , when i ride my real mx bike to turn to the left i lean the bike to the left and turn the bar to the left also , i know its possible turn to the left if we turn the bar abit to the right but i almost never do that , a option to choose that on the bike setting screen would be good.
If the lean angle is forced to match the controller, the bike will just make an unnatural turn right in the middle of a whoop section.
I would like test that to see how the bike will do the woops or a video...

jlv , you said maybe you will do a arcade mod , you are thinking about make the arcade mod and the sim mod mix together on online races or each mod on their own room ?
I prefer the 2º option .

I think is better you do the arcade mod more slower than the sim mod (slower i mean slower lap times) , since the arcade mod its easier than the sim mod probably it wil do faster lap times , if the arcade mod do better lap times so "all" people will be playing arcade because its faster , thats why i say its better make the arcade mod slower to more people play sim , MXatv stock game have a race mod (arcade) and a pro mod (more sim) and all people was just playing with race mod (arcade) because the race mod do faster lap times , this is what i think and we need to folow the name of the game :D

Other thing , i would like that the rider put the foot out to turn , and that would make the bike loose less the front abit at low speed and very low speeds (almost stoped) in the berms and ruts or just to do a circle with the foot on the ground , just abit not much because crash´s is a good thing for simulation games , now to square a berm is very hard because the rider dont put the foot out , this is a good help some times when we race real bikes , it helped me sometimes when i was near a crash :lol:

One last thing , its just me or the bike names are by class of the bike and not by cc ?
But is there a f on the 250 bikes.
We go have 450cc bikes on the game ?
I say this because i was racing with a 125cc 2strokes and my best time till now is around 82 but when i race with a 250cc 4strokes my best time till now is around 74 thats why i think something with the names of the bikes are not ok ( 250cc f´s 4strokes i just tested 2 yet , the cr 2007 and the Rm ) .
When i drive the 250cc f´s 4strokes looks like im racing a 450f and not a 250f .

class 125 :
125cc 2 strokes and 250cc F 4strokes

class 250 :
250cc 2 strokes and 450cc 4strokes

Thanks for doing this game , you have been doing a very good job , there is somethings that i think are very good , one is the sound of the bike match with the rear wheel and terrain and with the gears , the bike slide abit after a berm when we put the trotle on full and more.. . . . :wink:
You think its possible make the bike slide more after a berm when we do full trotle ?
I think that would be good and fun.

All for now.
cheers

JPR

Post by Guest »

My only gripe: this game is way too hard to play.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I agree with you about not making an arcade mode that is faster. I mostly want it so newbies can jump right in and play reasonably. It should be easy to tweak the traction enough to limit the speed.

As for the 250f vs 125's, the power numbers are accurate as far as I know. Actually I think the fastest lap so far was on an rm125.
matias
Team: Privateer

feedback

Post by matias »

hi josh, first i glad abaut make a mx simulation game,here u hava my feedback about the beta release.

1 deffinately need to add forward and backward lean
2 las pacas they dont stay stiky to the ground like 100 tons stone.
3 include throttle and brake bars
4 change de time at second to minutes. its more common to everybodie.
5 correct the redline of bikes.i mean a 2strokes can take 11k rpm and 4strokes 9k rpm maby 10k rpm but 14k rpm no way.
6 include the 250 2strokes y 450 4strokes.
7 make in single player a training where u learn tips and stuff like race lines.
8 must be Multiplayer game its the true. this must be ur 1st focus. today de sp its "the bases for play mp".i mean sp its dead.

other aspect what u must see, its when u sell the game, u sould like beta and keep maken upgrades and updates,until u get the final release. un ejemplo abaut that its the "LFS".
starts in 2002,like independet project of a race cars simulator and the 1st version looks like REAL beta, graphics, engine, sound.today still in beta ,but everybodie can see the evolution of de 1st release to the actual release.
they soldhis beta in 24 libras aprox 40 dls and not have garbage,u realy enjoy the game,never lost the focus in the game be a simulator,u should do the same,forget arcade mode,we hava much arcade games in the market.
look the lfs when start at 2002:

look actualy in 2007:

and always stay working in better upgrades and updates.this are the last updates in the last pacht.

Physics
Engine moment of inertia increased in all cars
Handbrake is now applied at the start in hotlap mode
Gear change auto throttle cut and blip options removed
Manual clutch is now fully manual and engines can stall
Improved simulation of sequential and h-pattern gearboxes
Live anti roll and brake balance only allowed on race cars
Redline rpm and rev limiter rpm point reduced in all cars
RB4 - reduced mass by 18 kg / FXO - reduced tyre width
FXO GTR - reduced mass by 20 kg to improve GTR balance
GTR class also balanced by engine / gearboxes changes
Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly
Clutch overheating system and display in F9 / F10
FIX : Error in position of wind resistance centre

well its all at the moment, Sorry I am argentinian and my english is very bad

other aspect u must see and its very importan , are the copyrigth of de products, u must change de names of bikes to blue red .... u mean.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

thats crazy,where do you get a beta of that?
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

wow i thought everyone new about lfs ... http://www.lfs.net i used to play it all the time but the cars get old and the tracks do also so i moved up a level, welcome http://www.rfactor.net rFactor is better, it encourages mods and track development as LFS does not and rFactor has more options as far as customization and online. But there both great sims and i play them regularly or i used to until GT5P took over my life xD
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Umm, the stock CRF250f rev limiter is set to 14,400. Remember 4 strokes fire 1/2 as often as a 2 stroke so heat isn't the limiting factor, its the valve weight. My 07 450f redlines at 11,200.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

rewrew i also race Rfactor its the best hit me up on msn Joe_Salwer@hotmail.com we will have a race or to
Xanax

Post by Xanax »

it is necessary to create a mod supermotard with tracks ama supermoto + possibility to make skins riders and bikes.Editor of circuit, the possibility to make model 3d again,plugins for import 3d model in 3ds max studio

mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

hi jlv

first i want to say thank you for this great game

i want to ask you if this game can be modded, like mx vs atv, in mx vs atv you can make physics mods, tracks addons, bike and rider gear skins and all that stuff, so i want to know that

second i want to know if the game will have some tricks?
that would be nice
for example:
can can
nac nac
superman
indian air
tsunami
etc.

the thirs is the map editor:
the full game will integrate a map editor or not?

thnks
Make

Post by Make »

Shadow wrote:Ok, first of all good job for making this all by yourself, my hat's off to you...
I'm pretty much with Shadow about all what he said.
There are few other things that I'd like to spot out: why doesn't rear suspension of the bike compress when you accelerate hard? And that opposite turning really-really, really annoys when you are trying to turn the bike in really slow speeds. Sure it works nice at high speeds, but is there any thing that could be done?