2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
barrington314
Team: me

Re: 2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post by barrington314 »

If pigs could fly Id ride one to the moon.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

barrington314 wrote:If pigs could fly Id ride one to the moon.
Ill be on the moon to greet you. :P
Jamie T
Team: Privateer

Post by Jamie T »

barrington314 wrote:If pigs could fly Id ride one to the moon.
Custom objects in Reflex is not as unlikely as you might think bud... I dunno why it's hard believe that people would transfer art assets across different games... Didn't ddmx put JVDL's CRF bike model from Unleashed into MXS? Doesn't have to be MX games either... The more generic the asset, the more applications it could have. The world doesn't end at MXS folks :wink:

Anyway, there's no point focusing on such a trivial issue as that, and getting way off topic. Lets get back ON topic, such as...
mxrewind665 wrote:With the whole winners annouced, how many winners will be chosen?
I'll giveaway a prize if someone can tell me what the hell that was? Plus a bonus prize for the right answer. 8)
al167

Post by al167 »

Thanks for the good feedback guys, I'll leave it open when I upload it too! Just gotta train the ai and redo the shadow map. It is my first mxs track, but I have made a few for reflex. So it's pretty similar.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Jamie T wrote:
mxrewind665 wrote:With the whole winners annouced, how many winners will be chosen?
I'll giveaway a prize if someone can tell me what the hell that was? Plus a bonus prize for the right answer. 8)
It says in the rules the 24th winners will be announced and public voting for the awards we be up. I was asking how manny people are they planning on choosing for voting?
Jamie T

Post by Jamie T »

mxrewind665 wrote: It says in the rules the 24th winners will be announced and public voting for the awards we be up. I was asking how manny people are they planning on choosing for voting?
Ah I see... Well I think every track will be eligble for the public vote. As it's public, everyone will be able to vote.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

mxrewind665 wrote:
Jamie T wrote:
It says in the rules the 24th winners will be announced and public voting for the awards we be up. I was asking how manny people are they planning on choosing for voting?
I didn't understand the question the first time, now I do.

These awards:
checkerz wrote: The Awards:
Dime Piece Award: The most visually stunning track.
Broken Boundary Award: The track the pushes the limits of track making to new levels.
Shiny Smile Award: The most fun track.
Crafty Critter Award: The most creative track of the competition.
As Seen on TV Award: The most realistic track.
Best in Show: The overall best track in the competition.
First Loser: The 2nd best overall track in the competition.
Spraying Champagne: The 3rd best overall track in the competition.
Will be judged by these judges:
checkerz wrote: Judges:
Kevin Thomas (PumaXCS)
Nathan Zaworski (yzmxer608)
Mark Ziedler (Phathry25)
Chris Riesenberg (Checkerz)
Hans Haggqvist (Haggqvist)
The "Best in Show", "First Loser", and "Spraying Champagne" awards will be judged on this criteria:
checkerz wrote: Judging Criteria:
For “Best in Show,” tracks will be judged based upon the following scale:
Fun Factor: 0-15
Environment (decals, objects, sky, lighting): 0-10
Creativity and realism (tracks will not be punished for being extremely realistic nor for being extremely creative and not realistic): 0-10
This Award:
checkerz wrote: People’s Champion: The overall favorite track of the MXS community.
Will be voted on by the community when the tracks are released. The entire community is eligible to vote, but only one winner will be chosen.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Much easier to understand. sorry i had you go through that to make it simple for my brain lol. Wasnt sure if i were to make a track an it wouldnt make the cut.
DJD

Post by DJD »

I managed to cobble together a track for this contest, but I cant find if the mountain range statue from lakewood 2011 was released anywhere? Ive tried to contact DJ but he has not responded.

Its the only object files I need to avoid being disqualified as it stands. But oh well, so where do we turn these things in?

Off to the lake, Labor Day weekend Yeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwww.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... ewood+2011
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

DJD wrote:Ive tried to contact DJ but he has not responded.
I thought you were DJ?... Damn it, there's too many DJ's.

+ Im going to have to pull out of the competition, sorry. There's no way I will be finished in time.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I can't wait for these tracks.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

All done! :D Got the track done, Desc file is set to (MotoOption TC) my track name, Got the Mape of each corner label, and a preview picture, and the Read Me file. Am I missing anything? and when will we be able to submit it?
MX181

Post by MX181 »

Yer can we please have more info on submitting them, like do we also write a short para on them
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Submission is open! Please READ CAREFULLY the submission guidelines and the rules to ensure you don't disqualify yourself.
checkerz wrote: How to submit your entry:
• Tracks should be uploaded to Dropbox (you may use Mediafire or another hosting method to link to, but if your download does not work for the judges you may only be given a short period of time to provide a working link for the jduges) compressed in a .zip or .rar format. The link to download your track should be EMAILED to chris@racefactorygaming.com.
Your upload should include the following in the .rar or .zip file.:
• The track folder containing all of your track files for the game. Remember, no tracks should be referenced and all contents should be in your track folder.
• A track picture with the name of the track clearly visible sized at 600x300 pixels should be included. This image should NOT include your name or allude to your identity.
• A track map sized 960x960 showing the layout with each corner numbered must be included for judges to use when providing comments.
• A readme.txt file should be included and feature the following info: Track Name, Track description (Under 1000 characters, explain your theme), Credits (credit those whose models, decals, etc. you used), and any other info you want the judges to be aware of when playing your track (plays best on a certain bike or with a certain graphics setting, point out a key "free ride spot" that you wanted them to visit, etc.)
Your email submission should include the following:
• MotoOption TC in the subject line
• The name of your track (folder and in game if they are different)
• Your real name, forum name, shirt size, mailing address and email address
• The link to your submission download
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

MX181 wrote:Yer can we please have more info on submitting them, like do we also write a short para on them
• A readme.txt file should be included and feature the following info: Track Name, Track description (Under 1000 characters, explain your theme), Credits (credit those whose models, decals, etc. you used), and any other info you want the judges to be aware of when playing your track (plays best on a certain bike or with a certain graphics setting, point out a key "free ride spot" that you wanted them to visit, etc.)