computer questions

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Bloomracing#15

computer questions

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

Hello i recently purchased a new retina macbook pro and had some questions. First of all, i have do download windows 7 for some engineering software for college. Should i just download mss on windows? I will still have mavericks on my mac and will only use windows for programs that i cannot run on it. Im thinking it will be easier to download mxs on windows? Also a lot of posts in threads talk about this game only supporting 1 core and stuff about gpu $h!t. Im obviously not too knowledgable about computers......so what does this mean? and what does it mean for your computer? does it put a lot of stress or wear on it if your running the graphics maxed out? thanks
Bloomracing#15

Re: computer questions

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

now I'm embarrassed.... :oops: :oops: this shouldn't be in the gen discussion. I apologize. please forgive my stupidity.
podium1

Post by podium1 »

:D
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

but since its here can anyone help me out?
BuryYourHead707

Post by BuryYourHead707 »

Bloomracing#15 wrote:but since its here can anyone help me out?
Install it on windows.

As far as the GPU/CPU talk, basically this game is very CPU dependent.
This means that if you want to run a 40 man gate, you need a nice beefy CPU with high core clocks (MXS won't use more than one core, so you want that one core to be as fast as possible ie more GHz)

GPU side the game is a little VRAM hungry in certain tracks, as well as being in a server with tons of different gear and bikes. Honestly though just about any GPU from 2007 onward could max this game, it's just that VRAM will effect what you set your texture resolution to.

Pro tip: Once MXS is installed, open either Catalyst Control Center (AMD GPU) or nVidia Control Panel (nVidia GPU).
Select 3d performance options, then select Mx.exe. Scroll through the settings until you find vSync, then force it to off.
This will allow your frame rate to go above your refresh rate of your monitor, and even though you won't "see" the extra frames per second, you will feel the difference in the smoothness of response on the controller.
Any questions PM me.
Cheers.
podium1

Post by podium1 »

do as ^^^^^ says should work :D
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
iNoScope

Post by iNoScope »

podium1 wrote:do as ^^^^^ says should work :D
:roll: