Easiest setup when switching from Arcade to normal Physics?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
soulberg22
Team: Privateer

Easiest setup when switching from Arcade to normal Physics?

Post by soulberg22 »

Hey guys, I've been playing the crap out of this game & absolutely love it! I'm trying to start playing online & start racing the supercross series & I want to switch to non-arcade physics, but every time I switch to it, I either can't turn, or can't keep the bike up. What's the easiest way to set up the bike when switching physics? I have a cheap gamestop Xbox 360 controller that I use, & have it set up the way I want. My only issue is I can't keep the bike up when I'm trying to ride if Arcade physics aren't on. Best setup for learning how to ride with Arcade physics off? Another question I have is, I have issues going into the 180 turns. I always seem to go off the track or I have to come to a dead stop to get the turn correct. I still put down decent lap times but for whatever reason the bike will not break quickly enough for me to get the momentum I Need off the turns to complete triples & such. Any tips? Thanks again & once I get this figured out, be looking out for me in online ;) Thanks guys!
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Re: Easiest setup when switching from Arcade to normal Physi

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

I didn't read the post just the title.

just stock suspension and stock stability is perfect to start off. Just use 100 stability and slowly go down on stability every few hours until you get to a comfortable 15-20 stability.
Braders756
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Braders756 »

Just go to Stocksy's setup thread and copy his, it's pretty stable for a custom stability.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

just practice. turn off arcade and never look back. there is no setup thats gonna make it easy to get the hang of. this game is very tough, and you just gotta grind through it till you find the feel.
Michaieldemirci
Team: Team VHR MNSTR Energ

Post by Michaieldemirci »

Yea, this game is all practice, its gonna take months before you can run a whole race without falling more than 10 times hhaa..
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

It won't take months if you practice right. Just concentrate on running smooth, not fast. Take smaller lines, and try to stay up.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Michaieldemirci wrote:Yea, this game is all practice, its gonna take months before you can run a whole race without falling more than 10 times hhaa..
Only if you ride like an idiot, but hey I've been playing 3 years nearly and crash 10 times a lap.

Jokes aside, just run stock suspension settings and run your stability in the 90-100 range and keep lowering it until you get comfortable, once you can run a solid race (even if it's slow) with a stability in the 10-20 range then go to the YOUR SETUPS topic and try to run some recent suspension settings. I wouldn't mess with your advanced stability until you know what everything does.
soulberg22

Post by soulberg22 »

Thank you guys for all the tips! The only issue I have is, it will not turn or it is REALLY slow when i do turn. Just kind of frustrating, granted I am stepping up from the MX vs ATV series that I dominated. lol So I guess I have to go through the difficulty of actually having a challenge in a game. lol Thank you all for your input! :)
bob117

Post by bob117 »

turning you stability down will help you turn quicker. just keep turning it down little by little tills its around 20 or so depending on what comfortable to you.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Watch turning your stability down too much. Mess with your ADV Stability with the steering settings. BUT keep the stock settings backed up where you can reset it
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

If you're someone that likes to crank the sticks to the stop to turn you're like me. I run my stability really stiff and it works for me. Everyone else said it right. High stability and practice practice practice.
soulberg22

Post by soulberg22 »

Thank you all so much for you input! I've been practicing a lot lately, & it's slowly starting to become more comfortable.