building a computer

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: building a computer

Post by DBRider251 »

Puma, are i5 8-cores? Because i have a quad core in my laptop
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
taylerbelle

Post by taylerbelle »

DBRider251 all the i5s are quad core
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Well he said laptops had half the cores, so i was just wandering
taylerbelle

Post by taylerbelle »

is mx simulator a cpu intense-off game or more graphics?
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

I'm pretty sure its graphics. I think it runs from a single CPU
taylerbelle

Post by taylerbelle »

so amd or intel
Xtrem
Team: Maniacs

Post by Xtrem »

Either, Just buy what you need... if MX Simulator is all you play then go with a cheap AMD FX quad core. If you plan on doing other things down the road and have the money.. then consider the Intel Haswell chip.
ImageImage
Xtrem
Team: Maniacs

Post by Xtrem »

DBRider251 wrote:Puma, are i5 8-cores? Because i have a quad core in my laptop

No... i5's are quad with no HT. Even with Hyperthreading the i7's aren't real 8 core cpu's like the AMD FX chips.
ImageImage
joey_2-fitty
Team: Privateer

Post by joey_2-fitty »

could i put a graphics card into my laptop? dont have the money for a full computer even a cheap one so would just a graphics card help just for mx sim? i dont really play anything else on the computer
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Xtrem wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Puma, are i5 8-cores? Because i have a quad core in my laptop

No... i5's are quad with no HT. Even with Hyperthreading the i7's aren't real 8 core cpu's like the AMD FX chips.
Yep. Laptop i5's are 2 cores with two HT cores. Maybe its changed with 4th gen but I know before that it was 2+2 HT. Same for i7.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
marx41

Post by marx41 »

joey_2-fitty wrote:could i put a graphics card into my laptop? dont have the money for a full computer even a cheap one so would just a graphics card help just for mx sim? i dont really play anything else on the computer
The majority of the time, upgrading graphics in a laptop is either not doable or not cost effective. Save up your lunch money for a while, or ask for Christmas or a birthday, and if all you play is sim you could build something worthwhile for a few hundred dollars.
marx41

Post by marx41 »

taylerbelle wrote:Im kinda new to this computer building and stuff i was just wondering if this is a good computer for mx simulator?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3h5G8
You've got some overkill parts there, and if you wanted to save some money, you could drop down the cores on a CPU and get a power supply rated for less wattage. PcPartPicker shows you the estimated wattage at the top of your build list, and it isn't perfect, but it gives you a good general idea. You could get away with a 500 or 550 watt psu easily, but I changed it to 600 just in case you wanted to upgrade your gpu in the future, and higher end ones usually draw a bit more power. I like leaving some room, but 750 is simply not necessary for what you're going with. Also, with a little bit of reading and knowledge, you could boot windows from a usb drive pretty handily, eliminating the need for an optical drive (cd/dvd drive) and, not that I would condone this behavior, but windows can be had pretty easily without buying it brand new. You could even get away with less of a GPU, but I like having that part beefy because sim just looks amazing with graphics on full settings. Anyways, with the above taken into consideration, you could save yourself $255 and have your new parts list as seen here.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3kr07