Dear JLV. (Internet connection)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Bobbyyyyyy
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Dear JLV. (Internet connection)

Post by Bobbyyyyyy »

Rayvenator wrote:Yeah as always people take no pride in actually winning on equal terms.
But he's won 2 outdoor titles....
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:Yeah as always people take no pride in actually winning on equal terms.
But he's won 2 outdoor titles....
mothaa fuckaa prolly did it then too... shiiiieet.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Mikey wrote:In iRacing if it happens you get booted but you can reconnect... Not possible in MXS.
But could it be possible. I think that would be the best answer to the potential problem that Checkerz mentions.

It would also be nice to be able to connect to a server and not have to wait for the race to be over (timed, limited qualifying). I would think that maybe these possibilities would be tied into each other.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Atom6246 wrote: because apparently I have a pizza face.
dont worry Atom, youre not the only one. You dont have to go through this alone.. I am also accused of having a pizza face by walter and rush.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote: because apparently I have a pizza face.
dont worry Atom, youre not the only one. You dont have to go through this alone.. I am also accused of having a pizza face by walter and rush.
I'm pretty sure I've been accused of being 40 years old and fat by Rush
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Like I said in the other thread, it's usually a good thing to not lose a player who has a temporary connection problem. It'd be simple to permanently disconnect a client that doesn't respond for a preset time, but it'd suck to see it drop a legit player.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

jlv wrote:Like I said in the other thread, it's usually a good thing to not lose a player who has a temporary connection problem. It'd be simple to permanently disconnect a client that doesn't respond for a preset time, but it'd suck to see it drop a legit player.
I agree that this would suck but I think it would be for the better. It wouldn't be any different than when a legit player game crashes because of someone lagging and hitting them. You should be able to know if your internet is capable of lasting 20ish laps. If not, then think of it as someone in real life having bike issues and pulling out. Does it suck? Yeah but there shouldn't be a way that people can cheat like this.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

KaseoDip wrote: You should be able to know if your internet is capable of lasting 20ish laps.
Exactly
I feel like a 1-2min preset time should be set. When Tysen's internet dc'd he was able to reconnect and get going by less than a min (If I remember correctly)
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

barrington314 wrote:
Mikey wrote:In iRacing if it happens you get booted but you can reconnect... Not possible in MXS.
But could it be possible. I think that would be the best answer to the potential problem that Checkerz mentions.

It would also be nice to be able to connect to a server and not have to wait for the race to be over (timed, limited qualifying).
I would think that maybe these possibilities would be tied into each other.

Who gives a fuck if jesse's cheating honestly this is what we need. How many years and you cant just join a server and ride in "qualifying" mode? "practice/freeride" and you can set a flag to respawn... Basic features in an MX game IMO that games have had since MVA
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, it's been suggested before and it would be so awesome to implement it. We'd get the true qualifying/practice feel when riders could join and quit as they please.

It is a problem though Awood because now people know about it :cry: and once 1 person does it surely more will try and have 'internet issues'.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MX Sim fun fact: It's also how you get "moon mode", once they've timed out you just need to restart the race and I guess the game thinks they're still in the server and some cool stuff happens

My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Man, for someone of that caliber to be doing this... Like, why? You're one of the fastest in the game, this isn't even necessary.

I think there should just be a ruling by rF, to disqualify and a ban of some sort. I agree 100% with Jlv, it would be a shame and unnecessary for someone one to suffer consequences when they're having a legitimate 'issue' with their internet.

Ban/disqualify the ones abusing the flaw, simple. If you don't want to be banned race within the rules and don't cheat, perfect example how Tysen at A2 Dc'd for a little and then came back. It would be terrible for the game and the series if someone like that is effected due to another user abusing the system.

As for "Also JLV would it be possible to have some autokick for people with super high ping? Like "--ping-limit 350", then if they (in some way) average more than 350 for 'x' amount of time, they are disconnected?"
Man, can you just not, there have been so many arguments over this, I my self race with a ping of 250-350 depending on if it's raining or just a shit day. I personally race clean, to the best of my abilities. Just stop with this stuff man there is no need to be beating a dead horse.

I hope that something is resolved over abusing the issue and the users abusing the flaw are penalized accordingly.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Kind of a shit deal just because every once in a while during rf ill catch a huge lag spike for 1-2 min and 99% positive ill get fucked because it will kick me.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Ktmrdr11 wrote:Kind of a shit deal just because every once in a while during rf ill catch a huge lag spike for 1-2 min and 99% positive ill get fucked because it will kick me.
jlv wrote:I don't want to "fix" it since it's usually a good thing to not lose a player when their connection drops out. If it's obviously being exploited I'd say a disqualification is in order.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

stocksy129 wrote:As for "Also JLV would it be possible to have some autokick for people with super high ping? Like "--ping-limit 350", then if they (in some way) average more than 350 for 'x' amount of time, they are disconnected?"
Man, can you just not, there have been so many arguments over this, I my self race with a ping of 250-350 depending on if it's raining or just a shit day. I personally race clean, to the best of my abilities. Just stop with this stuff man there is no need to be beating a dead horse.
I love me some Aussies, but this has always been a big flaw in the way races are run IMHO. Allowing such high ping rates makes it so you have to tiptoe around someone in a lag bubble which leads to the most ludicrous arguments like "stay outta my lag bubble, you should know better". I know the ability to race at the highest level at the same time as the rest is important, but EMF or rF could figure out a work around simple enough to include all interested parties in the championship and not have HPB's in the racing.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.