MX Simulator Track Competition #1

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mikey

Re: MX Simulator Track Competition #1

Post by Mikey »

Voutare wrote:But BR21's disp is just fantastic, and the environment isn't flashy or over the top, but it sure as hell got it done better than mine.
I loved everything about this track!!! extremely real but 1 step up lol
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Well just got done with fully riding all the tracks, and I have to say I'm kinda dissapointed. Alot of these tracks focused on how amazing the roost looked or the realistic skybox. Only a few tracks seemed to focus on the disp map and make sure the jumps flowed together instead of making sure the dirt texture looked good on the randomly placed double.
I feel the same way but to go even further, I love all of the tracks, but I didn't feel like there was 1 that was the complete package. They all are either great disp, lacking on environment, or boring disp, great environment. None of them were really bad on either account but you get what I mean. I do know that mine falls under the same category too. I can't even tell you how many hours me and lluks spent getting the displacement map as good as possible. As of right now I am undecided on who my vote will go to.
Yea i love your disp tho
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

mx4life wrote:Yea i love your disp tho

thanks dude I was definitely hoping people would have fun on it
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I <3 my ruts. You guys just suck :lol:
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

DJ wrote:I <3 my ruts. You guys just suck :lol:
your ruts are the best..after mine of course :wink:
no really i love them, the inside one at the rght hairpin is a slingshot!
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

dearnhardtfan7
i love the train too! lol thats just plain out cool
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

haha thanks dude :D
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
DJD

Post by DJD »

Garasaki wrote:I don't know if this is really the place for it, but there's not a single piece of specific criticism there.

You guys need to name specifics when giving a review if you want to HELP anyone. "the disp map was disappointing" does not help anyone get better.
All of these are not aimed at your track in particular Garasaki. (No offense, but the last one is) :P

1. Jump Faces - make the jump faces of the track smooth and consistant for the last ten feet or so. Most of the contest tracks have odd jump faces that kick you all over the place. On my tracks, i try to make all the jump faces similar, so you are not always thinking "do i have to lean back here" or "how do i have to hit this"? It sucks to constantly battle with endos. Plus its fun to be able to scrub and whip all the jumps.

2. Ruts - many of the ruts have the dreaded inside lip that makes it really hard to be consistant. The room for error is very small, even with the slightest miscalculation your front wheel tucks and you just plop over (very frustrating). When i make my tracks, i set the strength to .50 and use the lower tool to remove the "inside lip" and then hit it with the smooth tool. That way if you bobble coming into the rut your front wheel wont wont get caught between the inside lip and the rut. (less realistic, but much more fun)

3. Fluidity - I found that many of the contest tracks dont "flow" together, it seems like the obsticles are just randomly thrown in with little or no thought going into the flow of the displacement map. I love tracks that have a smooth flowing displacement map (Broadmeadow, Unidilla, ect) one section should lead you into the next without you saying "WTF was that"?

Take it or leave it, that was my constructive critisism. All the contest tracks are badass, dont get me wrong, those were just some of my thoughts after playing them. But what do i know, im just a dumbass from florida. :roll:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I have yet to look at the creator of the track, unless I already knew from the preview pics, for fairness reasons. So far my vote is going to Cedarshire MX.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I'm disappointed that some of you giving this criticism (the two above posters for example), are track makers yourself, and didn't enter the competition. Why?
Pumaxcs wrote:Well just got done with fully riding all the tracks, and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed. Alot of these tracks focused on how amazing the roost looked or the realistic skybox. Only a few tracks seemed to focus on the disp map and make sure the jumps flowed together instead of making sure the dirt texture looked good on the randomly placed double.
I'll take a guess that that's aimed at our track?

The only parts I wish I could have fixed on my disp is the corner before the 2 table tops (or add more lip to those jumps), and make the finish a little less awkward. Other than that, I'm quite proud of it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Your disp is a unique one, they ranged from alot of differant jumps which i liked, i though though insted of that triple could have been a table maybe? but i guess you just mixed it up abit.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
epik

Post by epik »

I have done alot of laps on all the tracks now and I have to say its going to extremly hard for me to decide on one. I think everyone did a great job. It is really nice being able to run on good looking tracks without my graphics turned off or all the objects deleted. Windcott,cypress and beaumont are works of art as far as enviroments are concerned. Windcott's disp wasnt working for me at first but the more I rode and got comfortable with it the more I liked it and started to notice the little on track details that make this track great. Archview was probably the most fun for me, I love all dearnhearts tracks, just seem to fit my style. Even in real life I preffer a smooth short track with alot of jumps over a big national style track. Timber hills, cearshire and airoh starcross are also alot of fun.
DJD

Post by DJD »

DJ wrote:I'm disappointed that some of you giving this criticism (the two above posters for example), are track makers yourself, and didn't enter the competition. Why?
The expected response,

My skills as a track maker don't go far beyond the Displacement map, I don't have the patience nor the desire the spend hours messing with decals. Not to mention i have no modeling skills.

After riding all the tracks for a bit, i think DJ's track is the best overall. Decals are really good, atmosphere is cool, a bunch of new models. The disp is kinda awkward to me, (mainly that monstrous triple out of the one corner and the inside lip on the ruts) but for the most part its fun.

Enough to earn my vote.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

DJ wrote:I <3 my ruts. You guys just suck :lol:
DJ, i gotta say it man, just logged into the forums to say how much did i liked your track, i`ve spent hours in front of that freaking cypress hollows trying to stick my tires as fast as i can on those realistic holy ruts and after some practice those are just amazing, cant really tell how exited i am about that track, also looked so good, congratulations man!
the only compilant that i have is the objects, i mean, i have 2gb ram, athlon x2 4800+ and 9600gt and cant run it properly :evil:

ddmx/wilson track it`s quite awesome, mostly for the environment, really makes you feel like going into a really cold and mountanious place, but what i do really hate on this track is the berms, they are so flat, would liked some ruts, also they are kinda weird, they are like a saw, i mean, they arent smooth enough so many times i go off them just because some weird un-smoothed places, also the mud could`ve been less slippery, overall it`s a great track...

also really liked graphically yfmx`s track, looks so great, didnt liked too much the disp map and environment mix tho, was too dark to notice it well, also it`s weird to see a shiny rider and bike when the lighting it`s night themed, could have changed the light of the sun into something black or kinda to fit it better, liked it a lot in graphics therms, not so much as i would liked gameplay talking, hope to see some future works from you in the future, was an awesome track for first mx simulator track!

i myself didnt went into a track mostly because stupidness, anyways, if there`s another competition i`ll be in for sure!
havent tested all the tracks yet :oops:

congratulations to all the guys who has taken the effort, time and, of course, talent to get all those sweet tracks!
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

mace-x wrote:the only compilant that i have is the objects, i mean, i have 2gb ram, athlon x2 4800+ and 9600gt and cant run it properly :evil:
Hmmm the objects are low poly eh, my pc is way worse then yours and i can run it prety well, also make sure you are making usage of the LODS because Fences,bales,flags and tents all them have it
also dont forget to have your graphic card driver up to date
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND