todo list - the evolution of mx simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

todo list - the evolution of mx simulator

Post by giopanda »

hello guys,
i just woke up and while having breakfast i had this idea: why don't jlv put up a simple to do list on what he's planning to add to the game and what not?
what's more important and what will come next?
i don't know but the game suggestion thread is so full of stuff i don't know how much jlv can keep track of it..
if we had a todo list we could always discuss about what would we like to see, but at least there wouldn't be anyone keep asking the same things hoping to be listened and have his own personal problems solved.
i don't know i think it's a good idea, let me know what you think supreme boss :wink: if you think you can keep up with something like this or not!
and now let's get to work!
ReNNy

Re: todo list - the evolution of mx simulator

Post by ReNNy »

Yea i like this idea, gives us solid things to drool over.

Also convince the possible fence sitters to buy the game, who are debating whether or not to buy, based on gameplay/graphics/bugs/future life... whatever else.

Having a list of things that you (JLV) have plans to add to mxsim would be great. It may also slow the suggestion thread down, with people knowing more of whats upcomming.

Its good marketing too. Every game out there does it. Gets everyone excited. :D

Personally im excited for ragdoll crashes. You havent stated whether or not you have plans for them, but the possiblity of having them makes me need to almost change my pants.
chez

Post by chez »

can you imagine how much time would be lost from a ragdoll crash and how unreal it would look if the guy flew 150 and landed head first feet and just ran back to the bike I think this would be a bad thing.
KTM
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

its also really unrealistic how you haul ass into a swap out and go flipping and tumbling and you still hang on :roll:
i just think it would be more fun if the guy fell off the bike when he wiped out because i get really bored of watching and bike/rider tumble as one when i crash. its more fun watching the guy ragdoll like in mva pc.
but thats just my opinion, im sure others disagree and i respect that. its not really a major issue in the game lol
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

nice to see that a post that was more like a public request to jlv turned out in another anarchy topic in just 3 posts..
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

umm how is that anarchy? i was just replying to chez showing my opinion, and the fact that respect his still. and everyone elses. i still think your idea itself is great, how is this anarchy?
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

IMO...
Theres already two other topics that I know of that are for what we want and we can discuss there.
As for JLV posting what his plans are...It ruins the suprise :D
Not a bad idea though..
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

chez wrote:can you imagine how much time would be lost from a ragdoll crash and how unreal it would look if the guy flew 150 and landed head first feet and just ran back to the bike I think this would be a bad thing.
Ragdoll doesn't necessarily mean flying around with no gravity for ever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll_physics Spawning, while being fake, would probably be the best bet if ragdoll phys for crashes were used. This way you can still see him crash, it's just that you won't have to worry about him running around back to his bike getting stuck in objects and stuff.

I don't think they have been used yet due to things like overjumping, it would be hard to say if the rider would crash and fall off or continue riding like it is now (that's if the bike didn't bounce back up sideways or something like that). I think that is what gives MvA the random flying off bike crashes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Nothing could be less realistic than the way crashes are now........I think Rag doll physics would be a huge step forward.

My thoughts....

More body movement, as much as i hate to say it........like MX Vs ATV Reflex.

Controlling the rider independently, and being able to lean forward, backward, left, and right.

I know it could be weird, but why not give it a try?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah I agree they are unrealistic now, but if you do have ragdoll you have to have the game decide if the force you landed with or whatever is greater than what's set so you crash. I can see people saying "how did I crash on something like that!!??" a lot, like MvA.

I don't know, I'm between liking the idea and not liking it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Yeah, maybe jlv could just add a bail button...... :)

That way you could control when the rider detaches.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

haha they had tht button in mcm2 i loved it
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

haha yeah dude the kahuna dumpster! lol i like what djd and yz are talking about, totally agree
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can see that button helping because, when ever I start to flip and get out of whack in the air. I can tell if I'm pulling that back or not. I'd use that as a way to try and make sure that I don't get a knock out.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
borderpatrol199

Post by borderpatrol199 »

The bail button would be pretty sick i'll admit but this sounds a lot harder than it can be said. I think the first step in doing this would be to completely separate the rider from the bike. In my opinion if JLV deiced to this it would be at least Christmas or Thanksgiving, but it would be well worth the wait.