How many people play this?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
OffTheWall

How many people play this?

Post by OffTheWall »

Just asking... a friend of mine says only 3 people play this game and it was a waste of money to learn how to NOT! ride a dirt bike... ive tried to prove him wrong but all he does is try picking on me...

please help
mx4life

Re: How many people play this?

Post by mx4life »

Ummm this whole forum plays it?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

A few hundred people play the game actually
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

nah your friends wrong. there are only 2 people who play it. all these other people just go on the forums for shits giggles
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

shits AND giggles. sorry for the double post
minegun2

Post by minegun2 »

OffTheWall wrote:Just asking... a friend of mine says only 3 people play this game and it was a waste of money to learn how to NOT! ride a dirt bike... ive tried to prove him wrong but all he does is try picking on me...

please help
The only way you can really play this game at race speeds. Is actually by riding a real dirt bike and having time on them. For people who dont know how to ride a real dirt bike. Its gona be alot harder for them to learn the ropes and pick up speed and then graduate in to race speeds. And to tell u the truth. this game does help with real life riding. it teaches u how to pick better and faster lines. After a while of playing the game and learning it. u will see improvments in real life riding. I know i did. But it takes time, just like with real riding.
mx985
Team: Privateer

Post by mx985 »

this forums about a game?.. who'd have thunk it
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

OffTheWall wrote:Just asking... a friend of mine says only 3 people play this game and it was a waste of money to learn how to NOT! ride a dirt bike... ive tried to prove him wrong but all he does is try picking on me...

please help
The part about learning how not to ride is BS. After playing MXS all winter, I rode much better when the riding started again last summer. MXS is a perfectly safe way to experiment with bike physics and keeps you riding, in a sense. No, you're not going to hop on the bike and ride in the same, suicidal way you do in MXS, but you will have an increased understanding of how motorcycles do what they do. Unless you're already a very high-level rider, I think practicing in MXS helps.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Yeah, this game defiantly made me a much better rider in real life.
chez

Post by chez »

It dosent help with real life riding thats just a ridicilous thought the only way to get fast in real life is to practice on a REAL bike
KTM
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I'm gonna have to disagree, ever heard of supplemental training? Like say strength training for mx in the gym.
Just by playing mxsim, you can practice riding better/smoother lines, improve reaction time and hand-eye coordination, all of which will certainly help riding a real bike.
Heck, stand on a balancing board while playing mxs and your balance will improve also. :lol:

Btw, here's Racer X article you might wanna check. :wink:

To say mxsim doesn't help at all with real riding is just ludicrous...
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
chez

Post by chez »

yeah i will agree it can help with line choices but thats it it cant improve the actual riding part
KTM
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

chez wrote:yeah i will agree it can help with line choices but thats it it cant improve the actual riding part
Line choices aren't a part of riding? MXS I believe has definitely helped me improve at least a little bit in real life.
markm32

Post by markm32 »

Virtual testing is done in all sorts of racing formats. NASCAR and Indy racers practice on a computer all the time to learn the limits of the car and how to handle it. Although it may not be entirely life-like, it still improves their way of thinking about things. And for the record, IMO the only way MX SIM wouldn't help you is if you're not a serious rider and you are afraid of going fast and trying new things. Line choice is a vital aspect of racing, and that goes for any type of racing. If this simulator ONLY improved your line choice, then it has vastly increased your abilities on a motorcycle. And that, my misguided friend, is a fact.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

chez wrote:It dosent help with real life riding thats just a ridicilous thought the only way to get fast in real life is to practice on a REAL bike
Well my reaction at the starts is way better now,its really helps.And playing mxs you can learn some stuff,i mean standart things or something...
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion