Say I ran a track contest....

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
gordy
Team: Privateer

Re: Say I ran a track contest....

Post by gordy »

i agree with neither of those ideas
1. there are many people with lots of posts that have no idea
2. there are also many people from other communities, gala for example, who obviously have quite a distinguished background within game circles and therefore should have a well educated and justified opinion on such matters.
instupitious.
yomo

Post by yomo »

yeah i agree with goardy, firthy and wilson :?

Everyone makes such good points but in the end I honestly think it will come down to actual moderation of votes that will stop extreme bias...

I know ive said it before but looking at PureMXS its not the votes that are slightly to high or slightly to low that alters overall votes because in the end they will average relatively well

It is the exaggerated votes such as giving a track 1/10 that will cause the huge issues.
I just checked out the voting of tracks on PureMXS and the votes are all pretty reasonable so there wont be too much moderation to do but the votes have to be atleast be checked and answered for if they are ridiculous.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

The only way it will be fair is to keep the creators identity secret during the voting period.

That way the extreme votes even out. As long as every voter votes for every track. (hopefully that made sense)
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

So is everyone going to vote on every track? Or are you only going to vote once? Voting for every track would probably be better, because then every track has an equal amount of votes and then the ratings are what makes the track win or lose.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

When the judging week is over, you could just use a percentage of the total amount of votes.
Let's say a track gets 100 votes. Leave aside the 10 highest and the 10 lowest votes and make an overall rating with the 80 votes left.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

There really isn't much any of us can do in the subject of bias. Really, the least we can do is Prevent people from being able to vote for themselves.

And as far as tracks go, I think I can tell every single persons tracks apart from everyone else, with the exception of Wilson because he can't make nats.