Need some feedback on motor sound change

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Need some feedback on motor sound change

Post by Voutare »

Idles are good. Loud on the 4 stroke, but good.

It should pop a lot louder and more pronounced on the 4, less on the 2. But it's nice. ANd the overrev on the two is super quiet.

But it's a improvement. It'll take some time to get used to. Idling in the air, not used to it. :D
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

i like the sounds but what a really great idea is
that the riders can see who is first, second and so on
:D
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

WTF, this is a thread about sounds. Why bring that up?
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

I love the Idle thats really the only thing I noticed that was changed.It actually sounds like the bike is running .Only thing is the idle sound is a bit loud but it doesnt bother me :D
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Rm85#107

Post by Rm85#107 »

i really like the 2 stroke sound :D but the 4 stroke sounds little like a tractor when standing still :?
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

its nice to see u got the sounds in the works but the 4 stroke idle is a tad to loud and idles as if the flywheel has weights on it =P the 2 fiddy f's usually idle quite fast and the 2 strokes sound like a sled =] but like i said keep trying im so happy your working on new sounds
totorox

Post by totorox »

From a wish thread just made before :
But before, to make an powerful and intense immersion, this game need beter sounds !!! I want to ear the metal or my chain between each metallics explosions resonances in exhaust, ear my rear wheel blockade or simple traction sounds of my tires in the mud or asphalt.... Your 4stroke slow rate sound at post acceleration sounds good already, just need some gearing & admission air sounds. Your bikes sounds, in multi or spectate need some adjustments distance & approach speed relative. Some soils projections on head could be heard too (rocks, gravel !?) Do you know the excellent modable rallye-sim. Richards Burns Rally ? Some people of this community could help us a lot on sounds ^^.
Some wave based sample could'nt be mixed with your procedural sounds ? Piboso is doing good sounds for Gpbikes with procedurals algorythms you need to ear.(try the 100mo demo version here, nice sample of 250 2 stroke sound with metalics exaust noises you need.

About your changes, i think 4 strokes sounds well but too low on CR particulary. And xploding rate is to fast on 4 stroke. Sounds must have a big hole in graves at opening gaz and gain when begining traction. (like race starts when grid fall)
Like MXvsATV/MCM2 maybe add sometimes engines samples could help. Add mechanical sounds to hide defaults with sounds combinations. And try to find sounds, for gearing, chain, exaust, vibrations, tyres frictions, (grass frictions ? sometime like in RBR).
For 125, really need to take this high 'noise' you will ear on gpbike 250's
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

JLV, nice quick effort to change the sounds a bit.

I think the 250f's sound great... as others have said, maybe lower the volume a tiny bit on the idle, but otherwise its an improvement.

The 125's, on the other hand, sound a bit weird. Engine deceleration on a real 125 doesn't sound crackly, as it does in this snap. Its more of a TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK sound, the sound of exhaust pulses resonating in the pipe.
Here are a few good examples:
YZ125
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_rpW_Am ... re=related

SX144
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHkeU_bf ... re=related

CR 125 (99)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_YqwMT ... L&index=26
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

man i dont kno what to think. i think the idea of it is good. but it didnt work out so great. my bikes sound like they are jetted terribly or something. I think the worst part is, is that ive got low quality speakers on my computer. so maybe what im hearing isnt quite up to what some of u guys got. the crackling and all is a decent idea but idk. it sounds terrible on my computer and frankly really annoying. also i dont like how when im half throttle or something the sound goes really bad. like nothing but crackling and what not. i liked how the old sounds always sounded like they should at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full throttle. that seems to be lost with these new sounds.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

ahh greatttt more stuff i wont be able to use.
Lucas.715

Post by Lucas.715 »

guys .....really...i dont like the 4stroke bikes.... like a ..... i dont know ....is very strange .... i prefere the old sound. ....

but on 2stroke is nice ^^
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

jbob23 wrote:man i dont kno what to think. i think the idea of it is good. but it didnt work out so great. my bikes sound like they are jetted terribly or something. I think the worst part is, is that ive got low quality speakers on my computer. so maybe what im hearing isnt quite up to what some of u guys got. the crackling and all is a decent idea but idk. it sounds terrible on my computer and frankly really annoying. also i dont like how when im half throttle or something the sound goes really bad. like nothing but crackling and what not. i liked how the old sounds always sounded like they should at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full throttle. that seems to be lost with these new sounds.
It might help if you lower the volume in the game are raise the speaker volume or vice versa.

I can put in more volume modulation with the throttle, but most people didn't like that. I didn't really like the way it sounded myself either.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Heres my opinions...
This is all for 4 strokes BTW

1. I liked the way the over rev sounded before... just louder. I mean on the start line i cant really hear my own bike
2. Not sure i know you said it was hard but anyway you could try to lower the frequency of the bikes?
3. Maybe decrease the rate of the back firing and maybe cut it when the rev's are at like 2000. I have auto clutch at the highest and the bike seems to backfire a lot when just rolling around a corner

I think it is an improvement but just a few things i've picked up

cheers
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I don't like it.

It just feels like it was an idea hobbled together to try and make things better, which I suppose is what it was. Also, I noticed a massive, massive drop in framerate with the new sounds. What I can do, though, is give you some, uh, inspiration for how a proper two-stroke should sound. Can anyone guess what's coming next? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO8QyLRe ... annel_page
(This video reminds me to request a kick start feature?)
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

JETZcorp wrote:I noticed a massive, massive drop in framerate with the new sounds.
I like the new sounds but i also noticed some lag. Not a massive drop in framerate but the framerate for sure was lower then before.