2010-06-20 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2010-06-20 snapshot

Post by jlv »

I think that little bump you landed on made the landing harder than it looked.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

I like the adjustments. I did bump someone at low speed, however, and it sent me tumbling as if he had crashed into me at top speed. Just a little glitch I thought I'd point out
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:I don't guess this is a really big deal, but something a little strange happened with this snapshot. I didn't think I landed with excessive force. I just wonder now if this is something that could cause a minor crash to become something that will completely take you out of a race. As soon as I landed it went into that crash mode where I couldn't do anything and the bike was just free-wheeling. I guess maybe it was just one of those crazy things lol.

I know that section, although you are only a few feet above the ground the whole time, you are launching way up the hill, so although it only looks like you are dropping a couple of feet, you are actually dropping about 30 or so atleast with a lot of speed and there are bumps on the landing.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah you landed a big jump on totally flat ground. I don't see anything wrong with that crash at all.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

I haven't been on but I got a chance to see this snapshot and it now seems easier to rider a lot better (except when you set your max dab to 10 to use it as a brake). Other then that it feels a bit easier. Major props to JLV!
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What do you mean by use it as a brake? Lowering the dab speed makes him put his foot out/dab at lower speeds, so he doesn't put it out as soon as if it was 20 going into corners etc.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

Yeah chris i eat it everytime right there if you over jump, think about it though, your launching off a downhill ski jump third pinned to flat haha
Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Ok so I guess nobody noticed the odd part. How about the part where the rider rode a perfect superman for 3 seconds? I was just saying that the crash was a little bit excessive. Not only do you have to wait for the rider to get up after I go down, but I also had to wait while I had absolutely no control, for the rider to even go down. It seems like it could really cost someone a race in online because it was a bit excessive. I was just pointing it out.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I've crashed that way myself several times in real life.

It's very realistic and yes, it might cost you the race. Probably shouldn't have crashed, should you?

In real life, do you always crash in the manner that's fastest for you to get up and get going again??
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Red619

Post by Red619 »

Is the adjustable 3rd person camera in this snapshot?
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Nevermind. I forgot that everyone goes straight into smart-ass mode whenever you post a suggestion or something you feel is a little off. Personally I don't have the strength to hold myself parallel to the bike with forearms straight while the bike free-wheels in a straight line over braking bumps and into the next corner. I guess Gary does though :roll: No point in arguing on here.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I didn't say anything that was smart assed.

We can all agree the "ragdoll" physics aren't perfect. I don't think anyone here is trying to tell you that.

However, they are certainly a huge step forward from the bike and rider cartwheeling all over the place. That crash would have been way more annoying a few snapshots ago, when the bike/rider cartwheeled right past the corner you were coming up to.

If everyone is playing on the same physics (which they SHOULD be doing), then what difference does it make if the rider stays in the superman position for 1 extra second??
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

Now I see what your saying chris, normally the arms would have gotten ripped off the bars in rl I would imagine.
Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

i like this one and i hate this one. the controller thing no good for me ontop of getting a new controller its not working out. the falling thing is a bit better but i stopped using the snapshpot cuz control was wierd as. pissed, reeeeaaaaaal pissed
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

Jake_413 wrote:i like this one and i hate this one. the controller thing no good for me ontop of getting a new controller its not working out. the falling thing is a bit better but i stopped using the snapshpot cuz control was wierd as. pissed, reeeeaaaaaal pissed
Im confused. Adding Deadzone ruined your experience? just set input to 0,1 in config file if thats the case. Besides jlv has given you access to all the advanced settings to fit your style. Figure it out. 8)

As far as the changes made, Im happy. Reducing slow speed crashes would make me happier though, but hey, no more blackouts and getting up is a lil faster! For a game that is focused on simulation, landing 100ft jumps didnt make sense, so its nice to see addition of skill of throttle control back into jumping, where as before, it didnt matter if I over jumped a triple by 10 ft. Thanks for the effort JLV.