Need some feedback on motor sound change

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
totorox

Re: Need some feedback on motor sound change

Post by totorox »

How do you make your sounds ? Do you use some thirds party software tools to generate sounds formulas ? Could we try to find with you some sounds ?
edit : sounds should be moddable (simpler for you) !!!
Modders should add sounds with bike models, on events, like wheel rolling speed, wind speed, tires slides, and traction on mud sounds, MX tires on tarmack, rollment sounds like chain,...
Adding environments sounds samples with tracks or objets components should be nice too.
This with wav based samples based sounds and the game take another dimension in immersion and take close from other best commercial simulations quality.
What's and how work your "Physically modeled engine noise for both 2 smokes and thumpers."
You have to design the combustion chamber & exaust profile & material to do a sound simulation ? ^^
Grosser

Post by Grosser »

yomo195 wrote:Heres my opinions...
This is all for 4 strokes BTW
1. I liked the way the over rev sounded before... just louder. I mean on the start line i cant really hear my own bike
3. Maybe decrease the rate of the back firing and maybe cut it when the rev's are at like 2000. I have auto clutch at the highest and the bike seems to backfire a lot when just rolling around a corner
Hey Yomo195 I'm not sure if you ride or not but I do (only clubman though :lol: ) and I have been on the gate with 39 other bikes. In my opinion (and Ryan Hughes) you cannot hear your bike at the start line, you have to feel it so maybe its actually more realistic if we cant hear each one of our bikes at the start line. Also I dont know if its the same for all bikes but when I was at the Adelaide supercross this year (especially on the 250Fs) they tended to backfire the most under very heavy accelleration and mainly at higher revs (we were next to the tripple).
So yeah, not havin a go or anything stupid just adding my opinion :D
Hoop Diddley Loop
Grosser

Post by Grosser »

jlv wrote:Is this an improvement? This doesn't vary the volume based on the throttle. Instead it forces misfires when the engine's torque is near 0.

Windows: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2009-03-13.exe
Linux: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2009-03-13
I use windows and it says "Cant find game data". I only have the demo version but how do I listen or can't I ? Its great you are giving the sound a little development time as the sound in the demo doesn't really sound like my 250F at home. Although it could be different in the full game, it sounds like a lot of things are.
Hoop Diddley Loop
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You need the full version Grosser
yomo

Post by yomo »

Grosser wrote:
yomo195 wrote:Heres my opinions...
This is all for 4 strokes BTW
1. I liked the way the over rev sounded before... just louder. I mean on the start line i cant really hear my own bike
3. Maybe decrease the rate of the back firing and maybe cut it when the rev's are at like 2000. I have auto clutch at the highest and the bike seems to backfire a lot when just rolling around a corner
Hey Yomo195 I'm not sure if you ride or not but I do (only clubman though :lol: ) and I have been on the gate with 39 other bikes. In my opinion (and Ryan Hughes) you cannot hear your bike at the start line, you have to feel it so maybe its actually more realistic if we cant hear each one of our bikes at the start line. Also I dont know if its the same for all bikes but when I was at the Adelaide supercross this year (especially on the 250Fs) they tended to backfire the most under very heavy accelleration and mainly at higher revs (we were next to the tripple).
So yeah, not havin a go or anything stupid just adding my opinion :D
Yeah i do ride - Well DID but i just sold my bike.

Anyway i do hear what you are saying but even when riding by yourself (in game) the over rev is really quite and then as soon as your at say 6000 RPM its much much louder.

Also did you go to the adelaide SX... i did to. Do you live and race in Adelaide. If so what's your number. I used to be in juniors and races a few of the state titles
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

it sounds like my speakers are half unpluged
Grosser

Post by Grosser »

[/quote]
So yeah, not havin a go or anything stupid just adding my opinion :D[/quote]

Yeah i do ride - Well DID but i just sold my bike.

Anyway i do hear what you are saying but even when riding by yourself (in game) the over rev is really quite and then as soon as your at say 6000 RPM its much much louder.

Also did you go to the adelaide SX... i did to. Do you live and race in Adelaide. If so what's your number. I used to be in juniors and races a few of the state titles[/quote]

aaawww bugger, you'll have to get a replacement quick smart :lol: . Mmm weird yeah It should be the same, no quieter but due to the decrease in torque it might be a little higher pitched but I assume that would be very friggen hard to do. Yeah I went, we were right next to the tripple just before the whhops section Anderson crashed in. I live in Naracoorte (350km from Adelaide). I race Mt Gambier (where Kirk Gibbs and Wade Thompson come from) and have raced at Robe, Naracoorte, Keith, Murray Bridge and Penola. I was gunna race state titles at MRA (Gilman) last year but the week leading up got my jaw and a bunch of teeth broke by a rogue hockey ball at state finals :evil: BY MY OWN TEAM MATE !!! :twisted: Although just tonight I got my acceptance form back to say I've been selected to ride clubman at Gilman next SUnday for state titles so I'll be there representin #611 2008 Honda CRF250R lol Did you race Murray Bridge clubman lites last year ? I'm pretty sure Ill have photos of you if you did (dad was photoing got my holeshot :twisted: ).
Hoop Diddley Loop
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

MSN
yomo

Post by yomo »

DJ wrote:MSN
:evil: :evil:

add me jordan.yeomans@gmail.com

As for the sounds i think having moddable sounds would be too hard because it has to be set to the RPM's of the bike.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

OFF TOPIC:

We need a setup of files similar to mva, that would be the ultimate in modibility. I would make a 450 powercurve faster than you could say, "did he just make a 150 powercurve?"
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

i think the it sounds like they are in a tunnel and the idle is kinda weird and when u rev it and hold it it sound like its static. but im glad to see your working on it thank you.
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
BowserYo

Post by BowserYo »

Drop to volume on the 250 idle, also there is almost not sound when you slightly rev the 250 to around 2k.

The 125 does nothing but crackling at certain, light throttle positions, maybe you can even out and reduce the crackling.

Keep up the good work :)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

ddmx488 wrote:OFF TOPIC:
I would make a 450 powercurve faster than you could say, "did he just make a 150 powercurve?"
Wow, that wouldn't allow cheating at all would it?
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

This probably would not work as good as it sounds but,would it be possible to get a really quality microphone and put it behind the muffler and rev it and then go back in and clean up the sound?Or could it not work due to the difference when your in the air,corners,etc.
Don't be mean guys just a simple suggestion.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, thats how they usually how engine sounds are made. You get a recording of every 1000rpm for example, then trim each sound till it sounds good when it is repeated. Then fade each sound into each other when the rpm rises in game. Thats pretty much how it would be done. MVA just uses recordings where it plays the sound of a bike accelerating. Has a sound like this for each gear. Sounds like crap IMO