1.8 update is out

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
p2sta

Re: 1.8 update is out

Post by p2sta »

this is one year old post from jlv about the future planes
jlv wrote:Right now I'm writing a software decal renderer so the game can run on drivers with buggy FBO and CopyTexSubImage support. Not a sexy feature but it will save me hours every week that would have otherwise been spent helping people upgrade their drivers.

After that I'll probably try to even out the sound samples a little and then release 1.5.

After 1.5, here's my wishlist. This the order I'd prefer but if I'm short on time it might change.

terrain shaders, dynamic shadows
HDR effects
250's and 450f's
Javascript scripting via Spidermonkey
compression for animated textures, maybe Ogg Theora

I'm not sure how much of that will be done before the SX season starts but that's what I'd really like to have before then.

As far as helping, I really do appreciate what yzmxer does here. He saves me tons of time by answering questions in the help forum. If it weren't for all of the email and private messages I'd be able to get so much more done.
2StrokeLove
Team: Privateer

Post by 2StrokeLove »

how i can uninstall the version 1.8 ? i have install in wrong folder and mx simulator now dont work :( i want uninstall and install in new folder

when i will connect on server it say : fixed file mismatch
:( its christmas and i want play please help

thanks and Merry Christmas
Motocross, I LOVE IT!
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Contacting server..
What could be wrong?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

i get server key not responding - goodbye on every server whats wrong?
clark139

Post by clark139 »

Since i put the new update in my bike seems to slip and slide everywere. Anyone else get this
SauroneMX338

Post by SauroneMX338 »

Same problem for me, when I try to go Online, that says " Contacting Server ".
Someone got an idea for what is wrong ? Sorry for my bad English ..
Thanks
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Key servers are down, JLV cant help it and they will be up as soon as the issue is sorted. As its christmas id imagine it wont be yet
yz250frider
Team: noteam

Post by yz250frider »

hey guys i cnt download it gets to the install location and i cant click next i try anouther destination do i need to delete the game or something im confused please help :cry:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Been a while since I did one of these. When I download it and "reinstall mxs" will it overlap the previous version?
JGRmx131

Post by JGRmx131 »

Thanks JLV!
KwikKyle841
Team: FATT

Post by KwikKyle841 »

JLV, Since the last two snap shots I've been having FPS issues after about the 2nd or 3rd consecutive race it will load the next race really slow and then when we are lined up I get huge FPS lag issue, It will FPS lag so bad I cannot get going at all with out tipping over.

My system specs are.

WINDOWS 8
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 925 2.80 GHz
Ram: 6.00 GB
64 Bit OS
Video: MSI 660TI oc

Previously I had a PNY GTX460 videocard and that would do the same thing after 2-3 consecutive races with a full server.

I am running everything on full settings with the roost turned down a little.

I play all my other video games on full settings and do not have a FPS issue in any other video game. Like I mentioned before, I didnt notice any FPS issues until the last snapshot and 1.8 version...

Any Ideas?

-Kyle
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Ddavis wrote:Been a while since I did one of these. When I download it and "reinstall mxs" will it overlap the previous version?
It will install over the old files. Specifically, it will replace mx.exe with the 1.8 exe and add the zzzt.saf file.
KwikKyle841 wrote:JLV, Since the last two snap shots I've been having FPS issues after about the 2nd or 3rd consecutive race it will load the next race really slow and then when we are lined up I get huge FPS lag issue, It will FPS lag so bad I cannot get going at all with out tipping over.

My system specs are.

WINDOWS 8
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 925 2.80 GHz
Ram: 6.00 GB
64 Bit OS
Video: MSI 660TI oc

Previously I had a PNY GTX460 videocard and that would do the same thing after 2-3 consecutive races with a full server.

I am running everything on full settings with the roost turned down a little.

I play all my other video games on full settings and do not have a FPS issue in any other video game. Like I mentioned before, I didnt notice any FPS issues until the last snapshot and 1.8 version...

Any Ideas?

-Kyle
That depends on what you mean by "full settings". If you mean you turned everything up in the advanced settings you're almost certainly out of texture memory. Try "Use High Detail Settings" if you want detailed settings that aren't ridiculously wasteful.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KwikKyle841

Post by KwikKyle841 »

Yeah everything is turned up all the way, texture set on 1024x1024
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

There is no need to have everything maxed out. It's a waste of resources, honestly. I have a pretty powerful computer and I don't even have everything maxed for the sake of maintaining >100fps all the time.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
KwikKyle841

Post by KwikKyle841 »

Ok ill tone er down to high settings.

Thanks!