Your controller setup

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yomo

Re: Your controller setup

Post by yomo »

Does that controller even work well?
iiMaTxX
Team: Privateer

Post by iiMaTxX »

DJ wrote:I'm using a PS1 Controller. Right Analogue is for Acceleration/Braking, Left Analogue is for Steering/Leaning
How can you do that PS1 2 and 3 have fat ends not USB's :S :shock:
MattCross C:
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

matxx du you have an ps3 controller it doesn't sound like you have one because with the ps3 you get an
wire to connect it to you usb port of your ps3, so you can charge your controller. if you put the controller
with the wire to your computer it cant read the software of you ps3 or something so you have to download an program
that makes it possible for your computer ro read the controlle
if you read this topic you have your answer to your question for the ps 1 and ps2 controller :wink:
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
iiMaTxX

Post by iiMaTxX »

mxbiker wrote:matxx du you have an ps3 controller it doesn't sound like you have one because with the ps3 you get an
wire to connect it to you usb port of your ps3, so you can charge your controller. if you put the controller
with the wire to your computer it cant read the software of you ps3 or something so you have to download an program
that makes it possible for your computer ro read the controlle
if you read this topic you have your answer to your question for the ps 1 and ps2 controller :wink:
No i have wireless xbox 360 , my mate has PS3 but i couldnt figure it out sorry. i'm going to get wired 360 :P
MattCross C:
Jared419

Post by Jared419 »

If you get a wired 360 controller do you have to install any drivers to use it?
iiMaTxX

Post by iiMaTxX »

Jared419 wrote:If you get a wired 360 controller do you have to install any drivers to use it?
i have wireless 360 one with play and charge USB but that didnt connect. Look though all posted threads and pm someone with an xbox controller.
MattCross C:
gordy

Post by gordy »

You either need a WIRED xbox 360 controller, or the Wireless Gaming Reciever found here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xb ... greceiver/

Plug and play cable does not send signals, you it will charge the controller, but not be of any use.
well well well, would you look at that, i typed xbox controller into that magical search button up on the top right and look what came up.
seriously, this forum has been here for over a year, chances are any questions you have have already been answered.
instupitious.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

gordy wrote:
You either need a WIRED xbox 360 controller, or the Wireless Gaming Reciever found here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xb ... greceiver/

Plug and play cable does not send signals, you it will charge the controller, but not be of any use.
well well well, would you look at that, i typed xbox controller into that magical search button up on the top right and look what came up.
seriously, this forum has been here for over a year, chances are any questions you have have already been answered.
ok gordy i got a tough one for you.. -_- what color is my chiwawa! ha! beat that!
yomo

Post by yomo »

RaNDoM HeRO wrote:
gordy wrote:

ok gordy i got a tough one for you.. -_- what color is my chiwawa! ha! beat that!
Yeah because that isn't completely offtopic :roll:
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

Plug and play cable does not send signals, you it will charge the controller, but not be of any use.[/quote]
seriously, this forum has been here for over a year, chances are any questions you have have already been answered.[/quote]

ok gordy i got a tough one for you.. -_- what color is my chiwawa! ha! beat that![/quote]

Yeah because that isn't completely offtopic :roll:[/quote]
well sorrrry . was just joking around cause gordy said chances are any questions you have already been answered.
BenDexter

Post by BenDexter »

Hi,

I just got a 360 wired controller,i have set right triger to throttle and left trigger to clutch,but I can't use them both together,I think they are a combined axis. is it possible to work around? or do I need to switch my clutch to a button?

Ben
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

It is a combined axis yes. Right trigger works as 50 down to 0 the more you squeeze, while left trigger works from 50 to 100 progressively. This was the ideal setup for me as well, I was also disheartened when I figured it out. Unless I am wrong, there is no way around it and you must choose a new clutch button.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Thats what i did. I wish it wasnt like that
only one to win something real from the game!
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

You people and your fancy controllers for a PC game....I still use my trusty keyboard :mrgreen:

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

For the xbox360 combined axis problem: http://forum.mininova.org/lofiversion/i ... 90208.html
With xbcd drivers you should be able to map them as separate axis. I can't try it myself but I think it should work since even the xbox360 recignizes the triggers as separate axis.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.