Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Cobra
Team: HRC

Re: Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post by Cobra »

AMEN!
I come to forum everyday to check whats new,but everyday its same... Few new topics like this ''help me'' ''crap skin''

When i joined to this forum it was like 20+ people playing it,it was so awesome,everyone knew everyone.Good times...
Noobs bash came with online.
+1 . I agree . 2 years ago, this forum was so cool ... Now the same peoples, the "olders" are here too, but they are so many noobs who post shit everyday... I'm always here, but i don't post just because my english is too bad to make good answers..
I'm on mxforum.be, one of the biggest cross forum in europe, we have many and many rules on the forum, (maybe too much sometimes) , the moderators are verry stricts, but finaly, their is no idiots..

i agree too for some section with only "old member"...

this game don't need so many children...

Sorry for my small number of post, but it's for you ... bad english put me down. lol
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Kawasakis wrote:AMEN!
I come to forum everyday to check whats new,but everyday its same... Few new topics like this ''help me'' ''crap skin''

When i joined to this forum it was like 20+ people playing it,it was so awesome,everyone knew everyone.Good times...
Noobs bash came with online.
i don't really complain about those newbies tread "help me" "crap skin" topics. But I don't really like how the some guys on the community answer those guys in a negative way. But still, it's boring to see people asking the same question most of the time.

And speaking about old times, wondering if everyone would still play mxs if we didn't have rider lean and online racing
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'm done catering to people who can't tolerate noobs. If someone posts a newbie question, or an amateurish track or skin, it doesn't bother me. Everyone has to start somewhere and maybe they will improve. If it makes some kid happy to have a his own race team topic, I'm happy to provide that for him. If that angers you, you shouldn't be here. Who knows how many potential good posters we've lost because they didn't want to go through the noob hazing that is so common here. If you look at the useless posts here, maybe 10% of them are from newbies, the other 90% is from people bitching about the newbies.

If you want the board to be more intelligent, reply to intelligent posts with intelligent replies. Let the stupid stuff die on its own.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

ding ding ding. I'm ready for it to be different around here. So much BS lately. Deep breath everyone!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

yeah, same here. i don't usually post in noob topics, and don't usually fuel the noob fires, but i'm all for turning a new leaf in this place.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can we have zero tolerance for stuff like this though?
chez wrote:are u like 4 years old its a shadow u handicap y wud u even upload that shit u shud have thrown urself off the bridge
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 16#p124716
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Yeah,I saw that and I think Chez definately needs a ban.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:Can we have zero tolerance for stuff like this though?
chez wrote:are u like 4 years old its a shadow u handicap y wud u even upload that shit u shud have thrown urself off the bridge
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 16#p124716
Definitely. He's gone for a week.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Tyler 258
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler 258 »

Jlv,

Just dont take any crap. Use the ban hammer and just make it to where people think about what there saying. There is to high of a tolerance for profanity and aggressive behaivior to where people arent scared to voice their opinion. Once people are like oh **** maybe i shouldnt say this or i might get banned.

Thats my thoughts. Start a banning spree and people should clean their act up quick.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

I too miss the old days. And to answer the question about staying if we didn't have rider lean, of course I'd still be here! that was the good days when I was in my prime, now im slow and can't keep up anymore I think its time for me to move on to the vet class haha. I think I was the only one against the rider lean in the beginning.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:If that angers you, you shouldn't be here. Who knows how many potential good posters we've lost because they didn't want to go through the noob hazing that is so common here. If you look at the useless posts here, maybe 10% of them are from newbies, the other 90% is from people bitching about the newbies.
Exactly. And that's what the moderators should enforce.

Lately the moderation has been trying to correct the n00bs. The n00bs aren't the problem.

The real problem is, the people who are the problem believe they are the solution. They are the ones who need a dose of moderation.
Garasaki wrote:n00bs are going to act like n00bs, you can spend a bunch of effort trying to prevent their n00bness, but they'll just find new avenues to express their n00blyhood, and then you'll have to chase them down in a new n00b location. Just let em be n00bs until they aren't n00bs anymore. Then they'll be replaced by new n00bs, and the old n00bs can get mad at the new n00bs and us OGs can just sit back and laugh at em all.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

Garasaki wrote:n00bs are going to act like n00bs, you can spend a bunch of effort trying to prevent their n00bness, but they'll just find new avenues to express their n00blyhood, and then you'll have to chase them down in a new n00b location. Just let em be n00bs until they aren't n00bs anymore. Then they'll be replaced by new n00bs, and the old n00bs can get mad at the new n00bs and us OGs can just sit back and laugh at em all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats great. thanks for the laugh, sir.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

jlv wrote:I'm done catering to people who can't tolerate noobs. If someone posts a newbie question, or an amateurish track or skin, it doesn't bother me. Everyone has to start somewhere and maybe they will improve. If it makes some kid happy to have a his own race team topic, I'm happy to provide that for him. If that angers you, you shouldn't be here. Who knows how many potential good posters we've lost because they didn't want to go through the noob hazing that is so common here. If you look at the useless posts here, maybe 10% of them are from newbies, the other 90% is from people bitching about the newbies.

If you want the board to be more intelligent, reply to intelligent posts with intelligent replies. Let the stupid stuff die on its own.
^^Amazing

oh and things seem to be working fine with no moderators so far... :)

I know that when I was new, I was afraid to ask questions and stuff, and built up my street cred slowly, although I am older, mature and intelligent and learned mostly everything I need to know regarding this game on my own...when noobs ask questions you don't have to be super nice, but posting a simple suggestion and link to a tutorial or thread where it's answered would be GREAT minus the smart ass comment...

I was thinking about how people suggested trying to get our game and such out there more to racerx and pro riders.....

And basically I would be down right embarrassed of industry leaders seeing the pointless bickering going on on this forum, they would just think we were a bunch of nerds in a d**k measuring contest...I hope we turn it around, but if not whatever, I'll still enjoy the game and keeping in touch with the mature members of the forum!
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

jlv nailed it.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

double post, fail. anyway. me and jlv were talking about having a noob room too. where they can go and ask questions and there would be tutorials there and stuff. do u guys like that?