Whats JLV's next step to pushing the envolope in MXsim IYO

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Whats JLV's next step to pushing the envolope in MXsim IYO

Post by shawn1331 »

This is in no way shape or form a demanding thread, I don't want to see people demanding something just in your oppionon what you think would be cool and why.

IMO:

1. I think it would be very cool to have track deformation, JLV has talked about it and said it most likely won't work due to players with different roost density settings, but would still be cool on its own.

2. goes along with number 1, But breaking bumps. MX VS ATV alive has great deformation except for 2 things. The first being the dirt doesn't really go anywhere so no inside lines are formed and there are no breaking bumps.

3. I saw here that they partnerd with RACE TECH suspension, so I know it will NEVER happen but it might be cool if he partnered with Codemasters or something and made a console port, seeing as there is no good MX game on console.

4. I'm not sure if their in or not but I'm assuming they are so don't take this seriously if they are, but I would like tear offs. That'd be neat.

5. There is one little animation I would like to see and that is when turning/whipping have the riders foot come out if the bike goes far enough. I know that the dab button does that but I feel like 20mph is a little slow in a game/sim but very accurate in real life.

6. And last but not least, this is more of a hope to see then what i think would be cool but I wouldn't mind getting a bit heavier gravity and giving the bikes some mass. A few times I have got a rut and my whole bike does 360's. I know a rut would obviously kick me but not four 360's.

ONCE AGAIN NOT A DEMAND THREAD/ JUST WHAT YOU THINK WOULD BE COOL. JUST A NICE TOPIC SO NO TROLLING ON OTHERS,UNLESS THEY TOTALLY DESERVE IT:)
knapp21
Team: Privateer

Re: Whats JLV's next step to pushing the envolope in MXsim IYO

Post by knapp21 »

Eh... I think the most important thing he needs to work on is the braking.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

If there was a like button on here, Knapp would receive mine. I think the braking locks up a little too quick especially the front wheel. Coming into a rut, or bumps I always lose the front end with the front tire locking up. Also same for the back. The only time in real life my back end slides out when hitting the rear brakes is when I am flying down tar and purposely slide it out. Besides that JLV, you have done such an amazing job with this game! I have been a member since 2008 and I cannot stop playing nor will I ever stop! Thanks for everything!
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter

Post by shawn1331 »

Yeah, the braking would be good to fix, but i hear he's working on shadows, then 450's/250 2t's maybe
kawijeremy

Post by kawijeremy »

what is this dab button your talking about?
If you have the guts, follow my ruts
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

haha i posted number 5 in suggestions lmao
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

My front tire never locks from braking. Maybe you guys don't have it on anti-lock.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter

Post by shawn1331 »

The thing is jeff, its not a suggestion thread because we're just talking about the game we all love. I don't expect to see any of these put in the game, More of just something we can all talk about what we would have in their perfect MX game.

BTW your montages are top notch man, keep em coming!
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

It is a suggestion thread. Just because we all love this game doesn't mean this thread isn't what it is.

Your giving your opinion on what could be better, I.E. suggesting ideas. Regardless, I feel like the bikes are too light. But maybe it's just me.
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

Definitely better breaking and weightiness added to the bikes. I'm not sure what that would actually be, but I agree that the bike doing a pogo 360 in first gear from cross rutting is a tad extreme. If the bikes were given more weight, I suppose the SX tracks especially would seem a bit more realistic, I.E. not clearing triples in 1st gear on a 250f.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

shawn1331 wrote: 4. I'm not sure if their in or not but I'm assuming they are so don't take this seriously if they are, but I would like tear offs. That'd be neat.
I like that, a button, for examble 'P' , And it tear offs, so when you are in ruts and you do that you crash ;)

But that is not what JLV is working on I think,
but every snapshot he releases.. everything in it is good for the game :D
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

It's not the weight that does that. it's the collision system. The collisions are very elastic so things end up ricocheting, rather than digging in/deforming. When your bike crossruts in real life it gouges out the earth, sends vibrations up the bike, and all sorts of other crap that steals away the energy. In MXS that doesn't happen. It is because the dynamics engine is pretty good, so when you dont put in those other things like digging in, vibrations/whatnot, the bike reacts like it would in a perfectly hard/no_deformation world. I am not sure how you could fudge it though, that would be in the details of the physics simulation engine.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

I know how the track deformation could work..

There can be a setting in the track editor where you set how hard or soft you want the deformation to work instead of using roost density

I would also like to see leaning left and right.. and not leaning off of the bike, i mean you and your bike lean together.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Braking is fine, IRL if you go 100% brake you are at lock up. What we REALLY need is JLV to make us a new controller with more triggers than an Al-Qaeda party.