ddmx Rider Model - Download

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Dustin434
Team: Privateer

Re: ddmx Rider Model - Download

Post by Dustin434 »

personally i dont have my boots touching the frame all the time
i mean set your bike on a stand put your gear and stand on it naturally mabey my bike is wide or i have little legs or somthing but unless you overkill squeeze the bike with your legs there not touching for me cuase of the way your legs naturally wrap around the seat but yeah i think either the skin or the boot model needs some work

edit look at his left boot
http://www.motocross.com/photos/f/20070 ... -3113.html
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

True, but I bet that is because he's on a jump.

This is different for me, than you though. We're all different. I'm 6'1", and your probably not, but anyway, when I ride, I squeeze with my knees, and my ankles on the frame. It keeps me in line, and prevents my bike from swapping. That's how you should ride, if you watch pros, you see them using their knees and lower legs to grip and maneuver the frame under them. If I'm going through a right handed sit down foot out sweeper, I'll have my left foot on the frame, pushing, and my knee on the shroud pushing, and then I'll be on the corner of the seat weight on the gas. It helps keep the bike in line, and if done right, will allow you to get more traction.
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

o well i ride 80s and just finished riding 60s
actually hes on a wall not a jump lol go to motocross.com and search his name theres a bunch of pictures were its not touching i ride alot like him mabey we just have our feet on the outside of the pegs or somthing i squeeze the bike with my knees im kinda short to on an 80 at least
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Are you serious?

I thought you were my age. :/

If you just got off 60's, what are you? 11?
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

your actually suppose to squeeze the bike with your knees and legs all the pros do it helps so you dont get arm pump your legs are a lot stronger then your arms so you should use them as much as you can
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I really appreciate your guys' debates on these topics. When I have time after finals are done I will be back to the drawing board with this model. The wireframe is going to stay the same but things such as the legs getting pushed in and down a little, the leatt issue being fixed, and other things will be addressed. Don't expect another release of it until around Christmas though.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

even if it doesn't get fixed ddmx this rider made the game worth a lot more now people will look and say dam we got nice bikes and nice riders it just makes the game so much better

and for that i thank you
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

Voutare wrote:Are you serious?

I thought you were my age. :/

If you just got off 60's, what are you? 11?
yah is that a problem ill turn 11 in january
ive checked the websites and i havent seen any age limits so correct me if im wrong i will happily leave if im not following rules
i could go on 60s for 2 more years but my dad wants me to move up adn get used to the 80 faster
so yah

we just need the boots centered more on the textures
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The problem with the boots is that you want the textures to stretch as little as possible. This means that when I unwrapped them they look a little unconventional but when they are textured right there is no stretching in game. They kinda have to be left like they are.
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

alright well i mean when somebody looks at the game there not gonna not buy or buy it cuase the boots

right

lol

hey dude this game has awesome looking boots im gonna get it
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Voutare wrote:It's a nice looking rider, legs are a little thick, and the joints seem a little narrow (hips/knees), and the legs are spread too far out. I know when I ride, the inside of my boot is almost always touching the frame.
I agree with this as well.

I'm 6' 3" (I'd take you all in the post...) and I grip with my ankles because my knees are generally above the level of the seat. But anyway I saw this model and thought "boy I wish my legs looked like that...."

See I have what they call "chicken legs" and this dude looks like he's spend a few years logging, or lifting steel beams, or some other extremely manly activity.

I guess the good news is that, again, I could take him down to the post and shoot layups over him all day long...

I think the sort of wide stance makes everything look thicker then maybe it really is.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Ok, so what I can gather from these post is:

Bring the legs in.
Make the boots a tad skinnier.
I need to fix the elbows a little.
Put on wakes leatt.
Make his clothing less baggy.

Anything else? I will try my hardest to start working on these things. I would like this model to be perfect when I'm done this next time. The community help is amazing, even you p-name-25. lol
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

His ass looks a bit big IMO.

I've been away for a few days, did you release a first person model for this yet?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

No, nothing new until around Christmas.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Can you just get rid of the Leatt brace on the body, and export it as rider_body_fp-ddmx.jm, so us first person users can use a leat without it blocking our view?