2011-12-08 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2011-12-08 snapshot

Post by Pumaxcs »

DJD wrote:Some weird shit happening to me latly. Its seems every few seconds or more the bike and rider shutter very rapidly. Its really driving me nuts.

Take a close look at this in the video, pay attention to the wheels, that the easiest place to see it. And the last clip in the video is very easy to see.

Watch 1080p full screen, it may be easier to see. Im bamboozled as to whats happening.

it happened when you applied back brake. not sure why it would ahve anything to do with your front wheel but in the video I could see the timing between the two was almost spot on.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It looks like it's bouncing off the stops. DJD, can you give me your settings so I can try to reproduce it?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

It does the same thing to me when I'm on a 250f with both front and rear comp damping maxed out. HTH

JLV,
Would it be possible to add something like I asked above?
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Sorry for DP,

It does it on Pala's start extensively under said conditions, maxed comp damping.
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Post by rgaede »

jlv wrote:I was going to add it with the 2009 Transworld numbers, but when I looked it up the SX-F was making over 40 HP on their dyno. So I decided I'd wait until I switch the 250f's over to the MotoUSA numbers before I add the 250 SX-F.

If someone with a good skin collection wants to make a list of them I'd be able to make the info files for all of them with a script easily. I'd need the exact names of the png files.
The 2012 KXF is up to 39.5 on mxa's dyno, and I know that the fater 125's were around 36hp so I don't think transworlds numbers are that far off, a little high yes, but not that far off.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

Cooter181 wrote:Quick question JLV,
Would it be possible for you to add a user adjustable, increase from stock settings only of course, engine braking adjustment? I can't stand the way the 450's and the 250 2 stroke have seemingly no engine braking. Not sure how many others would appreciate this, but it would certainly make my day! :D :D :D

i suspect that engine braking is determined by the flywheel damping in game,which is most likely changed to suit the extra power of the 250/450f. the problem is that if you increase the engine braking, you'll also speed the reaction of the rear tyre to surface dynamics. remember when jlv changed this setting for 125/250f's everyone complained about swapping and loosing it in whoops with the new harder setting,and i think jlv went to a slightly softer setting than the actual original for a more even response overall,you can't have it all!
totorox

Post by totorox »

Hey, i reported a 'out of virtual memory crash' with 1.5 update when using '1024 max video memory' setting. This crash occurs when using 'direct' rendering method, so i'm using 'hardware copy'. (I can't see the differences between both. (ATI 11.11 driver)
It still seem your terrain mipmap code is not working well on ATI, but using driver setting to force 'anisotropy' improve substantially terrain texture rendering, but it's not new.
And look at this video with the camera fixed on torso, when driver is sit down you can see the axis change, it could be nice to add a setting to choose a banking ratio to notice the difference between stand-up/sit position on MXS, with internal view it's hard to see the difference.
Sorry, i didn't practiced English since some times, i should play more I know ;)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Not much I can do about ATI's drivers except offer workarounds. Use one of the other rendering methods.

I couldn't reproduce the top out jitter, but I made some changes that might help it. Let me know if the following update helps -

http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2011-12-14.exe
http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2011-12-14
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
III Wac III
Team: Team Volcom

Post by III Wac III »

I'm not understanding this dose the gear already have to have the numbers on the jersey's too change the color? or.. feeling a little bit retarded right now:S
totorox

Post by totorox »

Sorry my precedent report was wrong, mipmap is working but forced (on/off not working in HWdirect), and I have to relaunch game to reflect setting changes now.
So I made some tests again.

2011-12-14 snapshot : no changes.
Still 'out of virtual mem' on big tracks, all tests with max video memory setting, my graphic card should be able to handle it (2Gb).
- Rabit hill with hardware copy 221MB,
- Rabit hill with HWdirect : 821 MB
Mipmap don't affect mem usage.

In HWdirect mode, Mipmap is always working, I can't disable it with ingame setting.
with HWcopy mode, I can disable it after restarting game. (Mipmap can generaly be choosed without restarting games, it's why I made bad report sorry).

Can't you use anisotropic filtering from drivers ? Because improvement is nice, keeping details and using driver's optimisations it's fast on decent graphic cards. Tracks textures really improved with disabling Mipmap in-game then forced mipmap anisotropic filtering by driver setting (effective on the fly) on my PC. (I use it to check how my track will render on high-end PC with max video memory setting, not always ridable depending track size). Every games offer this option now. Piboso in GPbike offer 2 settings : Bi or Tri-linear Mipmap, then Max anisotropy setting (from 1 to 16x).
Ati proprietary drivers offers same settings with linux. I should try, maybe later sorry...

There's an obscure setting on ati driver : "Catalyst A.I." setting, it's disabled, standard (default), advanced. I think it's driver workaround to overide game settings, applying some workaround patch or optimizations for some games.

But don't work too much on that, MXS work very well for me with HWcopy mode.
totorox

Post by totorox »

And... No more 'no effect' setting to redraw shading file on editor ? Like raise/lower with force 0 ?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

JLV, what would be the best settings to use with a Nvidia card through the control pannel? I have not had a chance to play with it but was wondering if you could tell me a few things to try. The card is a GTX 580. Thanks.

-Peter
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't have any specific recommendations as far as Nvidia settings.

Totorox, you're right about the texture filtering. It would be a nice addition to the graphics settings.
jlv wrote:I couldn't reproduce the top out jitter, but I made some changes that might help it. Let me know if the following update helps -

http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2011-12-14.exe
http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2011-12-14
Anyone give this a try? Did it help the suspension jitter or not?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

I'll answer you as soon as you answer me. :lol:
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

I'm using 2011-12-14 and I haven't got any complaints.