All about making tracks for MX Simulator
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Ebin MX Park

Post by rewrew421 »

http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 1193#p1193

Keep the conversation in here we were cluttering that thread :P

V0.9

Sorry no AI with some luck AI will be in the final version but i think the track might be a little to "smart" for them. A couple spots you have to use the clutch and im not sure how it rides with auto gears.

Enjoy comments welcome
Attachments
Ebin.7z
(782.83 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by rewrew421 on Sat May 10, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
rewrew421

Re: Ebin MX Park

Post by rewrew421 »

just rode this track with the erosion turned on and i am amazed. It makes this track so much fun, the up hill triple is HARD come into the rollers before it in 3rd and at the start of the race take the outside line and by then end of the race (30 laps) i was hitting the inside of the rollers and having to double it extremely fun. The step up landing gets wore down till its kinda flat on the inside (i always jump to the side of it) I think i will just release it with out ruts and maybe just some slight berms.

JLV is the lagging caused by the code/the game it self or the processor of the computer its running on?
Last edited by rewrew421 on Tue May 13, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Well, a fast processor will make up for slow code and vice versa. The track deformation code isn't fully optimized, but it will always cause a performance hit. When the track changes it invalidates a lot of precalculated information about shading and where geometric detail is required.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Ok well i was just wondering, will we see the code finished by the time the game is released? Id say this could be a big selling feature, what fan of motocross hasn't begged for this in a game?
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No. That's on the list of things to do afterwards. There's a reason why most games don't do it - it's HARD to make it work fast!
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

haha okie nice work on what we have, better then anything else the big names have put out.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Hey JLV would it be hard to implement a new animated character?

I had the idea of the pits on new track(the blue tents) and i thought it would be cool to have a guy with a pit board. I dont think it would be hard. Just program the characters to hold out the board when a rider passes by. So pit board 1 could react to the rider who started in the 1st gate pit board 2 could react to the 2nd gate and so on. Im not sure if the number of them would slow the game down enough to notice but if it did you could have say half as many but each one reacts to 2 riders. I would be happy with just a blank board being showed but if you could get the riders current position to show up that would be sweet.

anyway, my track is pretty much complete just need to do the flaggers, textures**, AI and maybe some extra's :P

**need someone to do them

Ahh upload is slow ill post the video later.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q1sFgQVAQs

now that i watch it, its really crappy video :( sorry

but just look at the track not my riding xD
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That was the original plan - no on screen info, just a pitboard waved at you when you ride by the pits. I was even thinking of letting you choose the mechanic. You could choose a real mechanic and get timing and position info, a friend who would write things like "lets go!" or "you can do it!", or a hot girlfriend who would write "my hair is getting dirty - lets go home". I came to my senses and just put the pitboard in the HUD. :D I might actually do pitboard animations once all the major features are done though.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Lol....or maybe even a big brother saying...gosh you suck? haha if you did the same thing as the finish line flagger, its just an image of a guy holding a green flag for the most part of the race correct? just have a guy with a pit board and make 40 images of the same thing with just different numbers 1-40 and if your in 10th place it shows the image of a mechanic holding a pitboard with a 10 written on it? That is a less informational way to do it, and that would be fine with me as long as at the end of the race it showed your fastest lap :P
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

This track isnt dead guys ....im actually finishing this one :D

Also can this be moved to the track editing forum(or is it ok here? hmm)
Attachments
untitled.PNG
:)
(643.88 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

OMG where have you been rewrew421???!!!!
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

HolstadMX wrote:OMG where have you been rewrew421???!!!!
Well, lets just say this big nasty dog called work/school bit my butt and he wouldn't let go! haha glad someone missed me :P
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I thought you might of cheaped out from buying the full version

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

nah, i wouldn't leave JLV hangin like that :P

Real quick notice!....ive asked cobra for permission to use his water but im not sure if it was originally his now that ive looked around so thanks to who ever made the water and if you would like me to create my own water then....well how bout i just sell you the land in the middle of my track? Then technically its your water on your land surrounded by my track :P

Thanks to who ever it concerns.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"