Secret Menu Stability Settings

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JES_934
Team: TMFactoryRacing.com

Secret Menu Stability Settings

Post by JES_934 »

I bought the full version of this great game about a week ago and I'm having a blast learning how to ride. I've gotten considerably better since when I first started and now I'm really starting to wonder about my set-up. I'm not asking for your numbers for your settings. I'm simply asking if any of you faster guys actually delve into this secret menu (the one with Roll Damping, Roll Factor, and the like) to tweak things or if you just use the basic setting provided by the general stability controller. I went from 0-100 stability and checked the secret menu at every 10 stability (i.e. 0,10,20,30,etc.) and marked down the actual changes each general stability number made to the secret menu numbers. I've noticed that it really only changes 4 or 5 (not sure I dont have my spreadsheet in front of me) of the secret menu settings as you change the general stability. I plan on messing with these 4 or 5 settings when I get home to hopefully tailor something that I feel comfortable with but I just wanted to see if others have done so or if I'm just a bit of a numbers freak and should just stick with the general stability control. Any replies are greatly appreciated! Thanks
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Secret Menu Stability Settings

Post by Voutare »

I haven't even figured out how to get there yet. :/

But, the secret settings don't save, I know that. So, I just use 25 stability, and that's it.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

to get to those settings just put your cursor over the stability setting and hit SHIFT+8 and it will pop up... this was already a thread.
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Voutare wrote:I haven't even figured out how to get there yet. :/

But, the secret settings don't save, I know that. So, I just use 25 stability, and that's it.
I believe they do save now.
JES_934

Post by JES_934 »

iceman967 wrote:to get to those settings just put your cursor over the stability setting and hit SHIFT+8 and it will pop up... this was already a thread.
I know there was a thread for how to get to the settings themselves and what each did. I didn't see a thread on the usage (tweaks if you will) of these individually by the faster guys on the forums or if they just used the general stability control slider. If there was one pertaining to the individual use of the secret settings then I'm sorry and if so could a moderator please delete this thread. *edit* I'm guessing I should probably just quit worrying about it and just go by the normal stability setting.
Last edited by JES_934 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

wakestyle21 wrote:
Voutare wrote:I haven't even figured out how to get there yet. :/

I believe they do save now.
Yeah, but they reset when you change stability.
JES_934

Post by JES_934 »

Just in case anyone wanted to know my findings, these numbers are the difference from 0-100 stability
Leveling - 20 consistent
Roll Damping - 40 - 80
Roll Limit Angle - 90 - 35
Roll Limit Factor - 0 - 32
Steering Damping - 45 consistent
Steering Strength - 75 consistent
Max Steering Force - 400 consistent
Direct Steering - 1.00 consistent
Slow Damping Speed - 40 consistent
Slow Damping Factor - 1.00 - 2.0

No one probably cares but if anyone ever felt the need to make some tweaks concerning one certain aspect of handling it might help. I don't know though, I think its just me being a nerd again, sorry it happens from time to time. lol
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Nah dude this is a good question.

Here's the deal though:

1) Hardly anyone really changes these

2) I've noticed the fast guys aren't real forthcoming with their settings. Can you blame em?

I choose to run stab. around 28 or something then adjust the last one "roll rate" or "slow factor" or something to be 1.75. It affects the tendency of the bike to "flop" around at real low speeds. That's all I change though.

Actually I really wish someone who is really good would tell me their suspension settings...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

most people who are good use their stock settings.
JES_934

Post by JES_934 »

Yea I figured no one would want to give up their settings if they did mess with them so that's why I just wanted to know if they went that far into their set-up or not. I wouldn't blame anyone for not giving up their numbers as I'm sure it would take quite a bit of time to fine tune and also the fact of everyone having a different riding style also. Thanks for the comments anyhow!
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

i do mess around with those settings quite abit but the only thing i really ever change is the steering strength... and i usually keep my stab. on about 12-18
DJD

Post by DJD »

I run 0 stability and set the steering strength to 100

I set the leveling at 20 with the max lean angle at 180, i also set the roll limit angle to 0

I put all my suspension settings at 100........i cant tell any difference when i mess with those.....

Pretty wierd settings.......but i like it :D
yomo

Post by yomo »

DJ_Diehl#777 wrote:I run 0 stability and set the steering strength to 100

I set the leveling at 20 with the max lean angle at 180, i also set the roll limit angle to 0

I put all my suspension settings at 100........i cant tell any difference when i mess with those.....

Pretty wierd settings.......but i like it :D
Holy shit that is weird as :D

I dont really ride motocross tracks much anymore but for supercross tracks i normally go 40, 40 for rear and higher rebound and compression up front. What they are depend on the track, whoops, jumps or dragon backs...

I think the biggest factor comes into the weight distribution (or what ever that last slider does) along with gearing
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

the default stability settings i found a pain,so when this menu was introduced i was very happy,i tweaked the values that you noted change and left the consistent ones unaltered,they're great for finding a control response you like.
JES_934

Post by JES_934 »

Awesome karl! I havent had a chance to mess with it yet but I'm glad my findings helped someone!