Secret Menu Stability Settings

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Re: Secret Menu Stability Settings

Post by DankeKTM21 »

like a real bike, less rebound backward and more rebound forward, spocrets depend of the track (sx/mx, short, large) and mass properties i have to make easy wellie
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

JES_934_YZ125 wrote:Awesome karl! I havent had a chance to mess with it yet but I'm glad my findings helped someone!
actually i tweaked it a while back,when these settings first came out,i too made a chart, great nerds think alike :lol:
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

here's my .02 cents, I asked my suspension guy, Frank (EURO Suspension) and he gave me some ideas, I had told him they are 0-100 with both comp. and reb. So he gave me some hints and I've tweaked mine a little bit after what he had told me, so front comp. 75, front reb. 38, rear comp. 62, rear reb. 38, and as danke said, sprockets are all about the track, I normally ride with +1 in the rear, I didn't know anything about that secret menu so mine are all default
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I read an article yesterday about a lot of Factory riders going back to 48mm fork tubes, from the Factory 50s.

Interesting. I guess they want flex in their forks now, opposed to back in the day when everyone wanted them stiff.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

I heard that some of the fact riders were doing that too. However, if you read the test of james' outdoor bike, the forks were so stiff that the test riders couldn't get them to move unless they were wfo. And this was an outdoor bike. Personally I think the fact riders are feeding more flex in, and making the susp plusher indoors this year is more due to the fact that the tracks have been a lot more like outdoor tracks. Rutting up more/getting more braking bumps.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Ya know, on the subject of "flex..."

A few weeks ago I was getting frustrated with MXS, particularly how it handles impact when the bike isn't perfectly vertical. I was trying to think "well why is it that in real life the bike dosen't crash sideways like that..." On thing I came up with is that it's probably quite hard to model the flex of the actual frame, both torsionally and ... uh along the axis the bike is travelling, whatever that would be called. Anyway I wonder what the actual figures are as far as how much a bike flexes, like going thru rolling whoops for instance.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

rgaede wrote:I heard that some of the fact riders were doing that too. However, if you read the test of james' outdoor bike, the forks were so stiff that the test riders couldn't get them to move unless they were wfo. And this was an outdoor bike.
There is a difference between stiff suspension and fork flex though. Fork flex dosent save your a$$ from some of the stuff Bubba does at a national.

I would imagine going to smaller diameter fork tubes is more about finding "feel" in the bike - yet maintaining suspesion that can handle coming up short on a triple.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

rgaede wrote:I heard that some of the fact riders were doing that too. However, if you read the test of james' outdoor bike, the forks were so stiff that the test riders couldn't get them to move unless they were wfo. And this was an outdoor bike. Personally I think the fact riders are feeding more flex in, and making the susp plusher indoors this year is more due to the fact that the tracks have been a lot more like outdoor tracks. Rutting up more/getting more braking bumps.
How would they make it so they set their holeshot device then?

Get his dad to jump on the handlebars? :lol:
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

Voutare wrote:
rgaede wrote:I heard that some of the fact riders were doing that too. However, if you read the test of james' outdoor bike, the forks were so stiff that the test riders couldn't get them to move unless they were wfo. And this was an outdoor bike. Personally I think the fact riders are feeding more flex in, and making the susp plusher indoors this year is more due to the fact that the tracks have been a lot more like outdoor tracks. Rutting up more/getting more braking bumps.
How would they make it so they set their holeshot device then?

Get his dad to jump on the handlebars? :lol:
Didn't you watch them?? James sits on the bike and holds the front brake and pushes down on the front end, at the same time his mechanic has his left hand on the middle of the handelbars and his right on the front rim and they work as a team and make one of these faces :x , they looked like 1 click away from completely hard...plus about the 48mm forks, remember they aren't those stock ones, you can't even buy them, no matter how much money you have(the forks they use)
yomo

Post by yomo »

Well you could buy them... you'd just need to own the factory team :D

And if they are run by the manufacture you might need to buy that as well :lol:
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

You can't buy the kayabas, but I'f you've got about 8 grand your willing to blow, pro circuit will sell you the works showa components.

*edit* doesn't include the price of the triple clamps needed, but the suspension of all our dreams...

http://procircuit.com/store/pc/viewCate ... tegory=303
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

You can also buy KTM SXS components, which are not works per say, but not too far away.

About the same 8 grand.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

lluks252 wrote:here's my .02 cents, I asked my suspension guy, Frank (EURO Suspension) and he gave me some ideas, I had told him they are 0-100 with both comp. and reb. So he gave me some hints and I've tweaked mine a little bit after what he had told me, so front comp. 75, front reb. 38, rear comp. 62, rear reb. 38, and as danke said, sprockets are all about the track, I normally ride with +1 in the rear, I didn't know anything about that secret menu so mine are all default
I do exactly the opposite of that...

I run my compression less than 10 front and back.... front rebound 75, rear rebound 100...... if you watch my bike the suspension most of the time is compressed. When i hit jumps, the suspension completely compresses, but doesnt rebound fast, which doesnt launch me as high but shoots me out further. Also, my bike stays a little bit lower to the ground most of the time, which helps in turns.

The damping settings in this game mean this: Higher = prevents that action more.... so high compression damping = works to prevent the suspension to compress. Likewise with rebound settings. A lower setting will allow your suspension to be springy.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

thanks for clearing that up shack. i was thinking that a low number on the rebound would mean i had lowered it to make it less springy. (like turning it down in real life). when i was actually quickening it. ive been running it around 20 or 30 i think. that would explain why my ass is always all over the place.
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
lluks252 wrote:here's my .02 cents, I asked my suspension guy, Frank (EURO Suspension) and he gave me some ideas, I had told him they are 0-100 with both comp. and reb. So he gave me some hints and I've tweaked mine a little bit after what he had told me, so front comp. 75, front reb. 38, rear comp. 62, rear reb. 38, and as danke said, sprockets are all about the track, I normally ride with +1 in the rear, I didn't know anything about that secret menu so mine are all default
I do exactly the opposite of that...

I run my compression less than 10 front and back.... front rebound 75, rear rebound 100...... if you watch my bike the suspension most of the time is compressed. When i hit jumps, the suspension completely compresses, but doesnt rebound fast, which doesnt launch me as high but shoots me out further. Also, my bike stays a little bit lower to the ground most of the time, which helps in turns.

The damping settings in this game mean this: Higher = prevents that action more.... so high compression damping = works to prevent the suspension to compress. Likewise with rebound settings. A lower setting will allow your suspension to be springy.
Ya, I guess my suspension guy was thinking the same as jbob...I'm going to try that right now...but I do kind of like really stiff suspension(real life) but I'll try it