Thumpers vs. Smokers in MXS

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kona309

Thumpers vs. Smokers in MXS

Post by kona309 »

This has been done before, yes. But im looking for some feedback and debate about why people choose either a 250 Smoker, or a 450, in MXS.

Since the release of the 450s, they have become the choice of new riders looking for a way to keep up with the faster riders. As they have more power, they take less skill and corner speed to make the same jumps out of corners as any of the bikes in this game. While being more forgiving, the 450 is no slouch in the hands of a skilled rider and becomes the ultimate weapon for thrashing corners and bouncing rythms that other riders can only dream of.

This is a huge contrast to the 250 2strokes which were released a few weeks later and never really recieved the same attention, the smokers hold a special place in many riders hearts. And because of this still proudly hold a small presance on the gate of every race. While not holding the same amount of torque as a 450, the significant differance in weight makes them a solid choice wherever blinding power isnt needed. The reduced weight also allows for a higher corner speed translating in good opportunities for passing.

My personal favourite is the smoker anytime i dont need to fly directly out of a corner. Im looking for some feedback on what you perfer, so post below and make your voice heard.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
KTM57

Re: Thumpers vs. Smokers in MXS

Post by KTM57 »

Two-strokes will probably take the nationals by storm in the MX class.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
kona309

Post by kona309 »

KTM57 wrote:Two-strokes will probably take the nationals by storm in the MX class.
Ill definatly be riding one.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by die996 »

KTM57 wrote:Two-strokes will probably take the nationals by storm in the MX class.
I don't think so, most pro teams will be running 450F
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

I'm probably not fast enough to make the most of either bike, but my take on it is that for every place I can triple in on a 450, I need to single out somewhere else because I can't get it stopped for the corner. To me the 250 2T feels more forgiving that the 450, because I can almost always hit the same lines but I don't blow over the berm as often.
letsfreak
Team: Rebound kawisaki

Post by letsfreak »

I say smokers a big part to it is the fact that it has no engine brake and slow me down to the corners
Rubbins racing your just going to have to learn
DJD

Post by DJD »

Honestly, compared to 450's...250 two-strokes suck. In real life and Mxs.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

For me personally:

I like the 125 in the lites class. It lacks engine braking which reduces swaps coming into corners on rough tracks. It also lacks enough power to loop your larry or really upset the suspension coming out of corners.

I'm becoming accustomed to the 450 though. It has little engine braking which allows you to coast a little bit into the corners and not worry as much about swaps. It also tracks REALLY well through the rough stuff. It also has WAY more power than the 250, but you can loop them pretty easy on tracks with decent traction.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

die996 wrote:
I don't think so, most pro teams will be running 450F
I'm not sure if you mean AMA racing or MX Sim with the term 'pro teams', but just to clarify, I was talking about MX Sim.

Also, I meant that lots of people will probably be riding them, not that people on them will dominate. 450s are superior for sure.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

DJD wrote:Honestly, compared to 450's...250 two-strokes suck. In real life and Mxs.
Your doing it wrong if you think 250 2t's suck in real life compared to a 450. A good rider riding a cr85 can beat an average rider riding a 450. A good rider can be very competitive riding a 250 with a good 450 rider. The only reason people think that 250 2t's suck is because they suck ass at riding and can't be bothered to learn to ride it when they can keep a bike in the same gear and ride the entire race like that. Plus you can't argue with the pros. Look at Decotis, he rides his CR125 whenever he can and that's probably more than he rides his 250F. Also tons of pros like Reed, Stewart and Carmichael said they never would have switched over to 4 strokes had they not been forced too. If they developed 2t's as much as they do 4t's it would be a very scary bike and could completely dismantle a 450 in every area.

In 2011 for the Dakar 1000 some japanese guy made a moderatly sized 300cc 2stroke with modern technology as a prototype to see how competitve the bike could be performance wise while still maintaining some reliability. The 300cc 2 stroke compared to a 840cc 4stroke! That's how much power they cranked out of this bike and it barely weighed 200lbs. You couldn't in your wildest dreams make an 840cc 4t for 200 lbs.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Omg guy, you're a dillweed. Don't make me argue with you.
Grizz
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Stheart.com

Post by Grizz »

I ride the two stroke in mxs as an excuse. That andI'm an attention whore. LOOK AT ME BEING DIFFERENT!
S.Greenawalt | AEO Powersports Lites
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

shawn1331 wrote:
DJD wrote:Honestly, compared to 450's...250 two-strokes suck. In real life and Mxs.
Your doing it wrong if you think 250 2t's suck in real life compared to a 450. A good rider riding a cr85 can beat an average rider riding a 450. A good rider can be very competitive riding a 250 with a good 450 rider. The only reason people think that 250 2t's suck is because they suck ass at riding and can't be bothered to learn to ride it when they can keep a bike in the same gear and ride the entire race like that. Plus you can't argue with the pros. Look at Decotis, he rides his CR125 whenever he can and that's probably more than he rides his 250F. Also tons of pros like Reed, Stewart and Carmichael said they never would have switched over to 4 strokes had they not been forced too. If they developed 2t's as much as they do 4t's it would be a very scary bike and could completely dismantle a 450 in every area.

In 2011 for the Dakar 1000 some japanese guy made a moderatly sized 300cc 2stroke with modern technology as a prototype to see how competitve the bike could be performance wise while still maintaining some reliability. The 300cc 2 stroke compared to a 840cc 4stroke! That's how much power they cranked out of this bike and it barely weighed 200lbs. You couldn't in your wildest dreams make an 840cc 4t for 200 lbs.
Yup
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

DJD wrote:Omg guy, you're a dillweed. Don't make me argue with you.
It's pronounced dingus but I'll respect the effort. Go try a 250 2 stroke and see how much fun you have. If you don't think it's fun you need to actually learn to ride it before you compare one bike being worse than the other.
DJD

Post by DJD »

God, you two stroke humpers are ridiculous.

I own a 450f, a 250f, and I have ridden 250 two strokes, 125 two strokes, 85 two strokes and I started on an 65 way back when. Been riding two strokes my whole life.

This isn't a discussion about fun, shit, i could have fun riding around on a kx 60 all day. This about a 250 two stroke racing against 450 four strokes.

Read my original post guy...
You think its a coincidence that two strokes are virtually absent from professional events? You think its a coincidence that nearly all major manufacturers discontinued their 250 two strokes?

You think its a coincidence that major two stroke development has stopped? Modern 450's are superior to 250 two strokes in virtually every way.

If you think otherwise, you're just in some serious denial.