Gaming Laptops?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MxRacer18
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Gaming Laptops?

Post by MxRacer18 »

Hey, i was wondering if anyone in the mxs community uses a gaming because my friend thinks they are good for gaming instead of a desktop and i try to tell him there but he don't listen, so i want to know if anyone does and if so what are the laptop specs?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Gaming Laptops?

Post by Phathry25 »

oxy moron.
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

Well actually it isn't an Oxymoron. There are plenty high performance gaming laptops, though they cost more than a desktop that delivers the same amount of power, and even will cost a bit more than a desktop with more power. However, that's the price you pay for mobility.

You can look at the Asus G75, those are really nice. I have an older G73SW, and it handles Sim very well, though I wouldn't buy one now, since it's getting out dated. Sager and Clevo also make high quality laptops, as does MSI.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

for the money you spend on a laptop you could get a better desktop
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Your best off making a computer, its cheaper and will be so much better
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I played mxs on laptops for years. And just recently built a beast of a pc instead. Although the quality is a LOT higher quality on my pc. I really miss the portability.
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

Here's what I have and I would rather be lounging in my recliner with a laptop than sitting in an office chair at a desktop. For me this is plenty fast it plays every mxs track at max settings, it doesn''t lag in servers with 30+ people, Battlefield 3 Max settings, edits hd video without lagging. If you get a good laptop it just as fast as most gaming desktops out their.

Sager NP9150
15.6" 1920x1080 LED Backlit Screen
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M GPU 4GB GDDR5 Video Memory
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.60GHz)
16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Primary Hardrive 256GB Crucial M4 Series SATA3 Solid State Disk Drive
Secondary Hardrive 750GB with 8GB SSD Hybrid HDD

FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

that laptop is over $1300 though, not like everyone has 1300 to throw at a laptop. Besides, laptops overheat easier due to bad ventilation and for the amount you spent on that laptop you could build a better pc and sitting at a desktop isn't uncomfortable if you have a good chair.
MxRacer18
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MxRacer18 »

FlyinHigh wrote:that laptop is over $1300 though, not like everyone has 1300 to throw at a laptop. Besides, laptops overheat easier due to bad ventilation and for the amount you spent on that laptop you could build a better pc and sitting at a desktop isn't uncomfortable if you have a good chair.

Exactly couldn't say that any better :wink:
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

FlyinHigh wrote:that laptop is over $1300 though, not like everyone has 1300 to throw at a laptop. Besides, laptops overheat easier due to bad ventilation and for the amount you spent on that laptop you could build a better pc and sitting at a desktop isn't uncomfortable if you have a good chair.
Well of course their going to cost more. Mxracer was saying that their no good for gaming and he is wrong. My temps are just fine it all depends on what laptop you get. A good laptop will work just as good as most desktops out their, you will have to spend more but that's not the point.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Well of course their going to cost more. Mxracer was saying that their no good for gaming and he is wrong. My temps are just fine it all depends on what laptop you get. A good laptop will work just as good as most desktops out their, you will have to spend more but that's not the point.
Yeah of course not all laptops suck for gaming, they make gaming specific laptops. What my main point was is that you can build a better desktop for the price of a gaming laptop, plus you can keep upgrading desktops.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

ive got an asus g55 and i love it
QuAdRiDeR93

Post by QuAdRiDeR93 »

I'm also running an ASUS. I experienced some lag when I play a big room online but for the most part it runs very well.