Who else get's this?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Who else get's this?

Post by sam-brinkley »

Hey guys.

I must start by saying, I have a fairly good PC, one that can run Battlefield 3 high settings, Crysis 2 Ultra and so on, with little to NO lag. And it is the same on this game, apart from one or two tracks, but that's not a problem. The problem is.

I can play online with about 10 players perfectly fine, but anything above that I get a stupid amount of LAG, it makes it un-playable.?

I just dont understand why?

Does anyone else get this problem and if you know what's wrong, dont hesitate to reply.

Please and thanks!

-Brinko
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Who else get's this?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

We all have the same problem mostly...mostly. I set the graphics at normal and turn down roost density. If that doesn't help, start lowering your resolution.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:We all have the same problem mostly...mostly...
Not I. Only lag I get from 'online' would be my consistent 110ms latency and my 7ms offset :evil:
sam-brinkley wrote:Hey guys.

I must start by saying, I have a fairly good PC, one that can run Battlefield 3 high settings, Crysis 2 Ultra and so on, with little to NO lag. And it is the same on this game, apart from one or two tracks, but that's not a problem. The problem is.

I can play online with about 10 players perfectly fine, but anything above that I get a stupid amount of LAG, it makes it un-playable.?

I just dont understand why?

Does anyone else get this problem and if you know what's wrong, dont hesitate to reply.

Please and thanks!

-Brinko

I do get lag in single player mode when playing against bots. I know you said "online" so this may or may not be the same issue. Of course try lowering your settings, don't record demos, make sure you're drivers are configured correctly. If you have a preset that is maxing everything out cause you think your PC is soo good that could be the problem as well. Oh and make sure you don't have high detail models, & skins set as default cause that can put a strain as well. Hope this helps
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
sam-brinkley

Post by sam-brinkley »

Thanks both for the replies, will try them when I can next get on the game. :)
totorox

Post by totorox »

Make sure your spy mode is off.
use 'togglespy' to enable/disable it (allowing to switch current bike to see other)
sam-brinkley

Post by sam-brinkley »

totorox wrote:Make sure your spy mode is off.
use 'togglespy' to enable/disable it (allowing to switch current bike to see other)
Ok, thanks. :)
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

What are your specs?
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

Not saying it doesn't, but how does toggle spy impact performance?
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I've noticed a difference when I turn "Record Demo" to "No".
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it only happens with a lot of players you probably have your texture detail set too high. As Havoc said, some systems get framerate glitches when recording demos. Best to disable it if you're having trouble.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Run compressed textures on "Always"
totorox

Post by totorox »

MXTrent75287 wrote:Not saying it doesn't, but how does toggle spy impact performance?
I don't know, but I had a better online gameplay disabling it when the command was introduced, reducing some latence.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Togglespy shouldn't have any effect on latency. Might have just been a coincidence.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

Comparing mxs to those games in terms of graphic performance isn't very accurate. Sim utilizes 1 processor snd your gpu, making it very dependent on your CPU. Those others utilize the multi-core cpu's as well as gpu. but the strain is less or more evenly dispersed on your system. would need specs of your system to better identify the possible cause(s).
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.