Antilock brakes

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Nikhil

Antilock brakes

Post by Nikhil »

Why are these still legal online? At the very least, they should be disabled for the RF championship servers IMO.
Nikhil

Re: Antilock brakes

Post by Nikhil »

Same goes for stop-wheelies. I get why these aids are in the game, and I think that offline people should be able to play however the fuck they want. But I think that the online servers (outside of 19800 which is for beginners) shouldn't allow them.
robos
Team: Apex/HaakFilms

Post by robos »

Make sure to check out HaakFilms on youtube!
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

robos wrote:Image
Why? Arcade physics isn't allowed. Why should other aids that aren't present in real life be allowed either?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

i think he has a good point. It has flown under the radar for so long because the amount of people that use them have grown used to it and no longer see it as an aid. Even though they aren't as extreme of an aid to arcade physics it is an aid none the less and atleast the Pro/A class shouldn't be allowed to use it. I think that could make a cool step from AM to Pro with allowing some aids but once you become one of the big guys then its only you and the bike that are making the moves.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

Good point. I don't use stop wheelies anymore but I still use an anti-lock front brake...
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Pumaxcs wrote:i think he has a good point. It has flown under the radar for so long because the amount of people that use them have grown used to it and no longer see it as an aid. Even though they aren't as extreme of an aid to arcade physics it is an aid none the less and atleast the Pro/A class shouldn't be allowed to use it. I think that could make a cool step from AM to Pro with allowing some aids but once you become one of the big guys then its only you and the bike that are making the moves.
Actually, I don't think it should be allowed for any of the classes. I think you'd have a lot of issues with people moving up from the AM classes and not able to ride without the assists in that case. IMO it would be better for racing if people learned without assists in AM.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I do agree with you but as a higher success rate you need to use baby steps to walk people into a change. I think if we got the change to only happen to the bigger classes then, you could later introduce them into lower classes after seeing how the other people handle it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

and what about us, keyborders? Try to go without front antilock when you have full or no braking...
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I fully support this. Antilock brakes and stop wheelies are for teh noobs!
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Might as well disable auto sit/dab while you're at it. My leg doesn't come off the peg automagically in real life either.
Your_Cabbage

Post by Your_Cabbage »

Phathry25 wrote:Might as well disable auto sit/dab while you're at it. My leg doesn't come off the peg automagically in real life either.
Andrew Schettley #519
2012 Limited Decal Fall Series C Class Champion
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

Phathry25 wrote:Might as well disable auto sit/dab while you're at it. My leg doesn't come off the peg automagically in real life either.
But that's different. In the game we can't control the rider but we can control the bike.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

p2sta wrote:and what about us, keyborders? Try to go without front antilock when you have full or no braking...
I don't play on KB but he's right. Idk how they even use a KB for brakes or clutch, you pretty much have to have an axis for those imo. Imagine in RL if your throttle and clutch were just a button lol. Everyone here has a valid point here though. I would say disable auto shifting, arcade physics, and stop wheelies for all RF races. Then give us the option to assign buttons to the rider leg for cornering. I just think the user should have more control when it comes to rider legs for balancing
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

We should also disable the ability to use keyboards and controllers. For rF races you can only use doubledragoncc's handlebar controller. Of course, that will delay all rF events by at least 80 weeks. (1 week per controller per racer...)