BEFORE MAKING A THREAD ABOUT BUYING COMPUTERS/COMPUTER PARTS

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Klutch
Team: None

BEFORE MAKING A THREAD ABOUT BUYING COMPUTERS/COMPUTER PARTS

Post by Klutch »

I have seen numerous threads about what parts to buy and put in their computers, and I feel like everytime I see the same people replying with the almost same responses as last time. I thought it would be nice if we could just condense the amount of threads made about questions about parts and building.
PART PICKING
This website has a list consisting of computer part combinations at different price levels. Read the website and see what it has to say. Try to post your questions in this thread, so whoever is computer literate can help you as fast as possible.
ENTRY, MODEST, AND FAIR BUILDS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN MXS/RF RACES
GOOD THROUGH EXTREMIST WILL BE LET YOU PLAY MODERN GAMES IF YOU WANT
^
|
Click that!
Yep, prebuilts are bad quality and usually overpriced, try not to ask about them.
BUILDS DO NOT HAVE TO BE EXACT WITH WHAT THE WEBSITE SAYS, FEEL FREE TO INTERCHANGE, BUT ASK ABOUT IT IF YOU'RE UNSURE
BUILDING
Now, I know what some of you are thinking, but Klutch, I don't know how to put a computer together! Well, guess what its as simple as putting legos together.
There are countless websites, tutorials and other sources that will teach you how to put together a computer. I personally used this video made by Newegg, and it's perfect, they go step-by-step, in thorough detail, so it's very easy to understand.
It seems like alot of wiring and stuff has to be done, but in reality its quite simple and there aren't as many wires as one might think.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So, ask away (read the website first, please), if you feel like you're able to answer questions for people, then do so.
If I missed anything let me know.
dylan22

Re: BEFORE MAKING A THREAD ABOUT BUYING COMPUTERS/COMPUTER P

Post by dylan22 »

I built a PC with the 2 newegg videos, easy as.
Your_Cabbage

Post by Your_Cabbage »

You beat me to making this thread lol, good reads :D
Andrew Schettley #519
2012 Limited Decal Fall Series C Class Champion
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Good stuff. I agree with your prebuild statements but there are good prebuild websites, I post them enough to make people think they pay me for advertisement but CyperPower and iBuyPower are both pretty good for price range and prebuilt parts. I do agree however building your own PC is only difficult in your head but if you really are that scared about it and you price check and see the difference is enough for you to part with then its your decision, and thats where I would go.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Chris183
Team: Privateeeeer

Post by Chris183 »

Nice thread, i had one prebuildt computer and after 6 months of use everything got fried. I don't know why :P

Now im going to buy a new one and build everything by self,

Intel I5 3570k - CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU-cooler
ASUS P8Z77-V LX - MOBO
ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB -GPU
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB - RAM
Corsair TX 650W PSU 80+ Bronze
1TB Seagate Barracuda (SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM) HDD
A SSD i dont know yet

its going to be in a nice MIDItower with 3-5 fans

Anyone got experience with any of these parts? or anything i should update?
Dungey #5
Wilson #15
Klutch

Post by Klutch »

Chris183 wrote:Nice thread, i had one prebuildt computer and after 6 months of use everything got fried. I don't know why :P

Intel I5 3570k - CPU
ASUS P8Z77-V LX - MOBO
A SSD i dont know yet

Looks pretty solid, I have the 3570k and the same CPU-cooler and they're both amazing paired together, 30c Idle, 40c load on stock clocks. Make sure the case is big enough for the CPU cooler because it's huge. Usually if there are alot of reviews on the case you're planning on buying, someone might mention whether or not it will fit in or not.
zipper63
Team: WLG

Post by zipper63 »

Chris183 wrote:Nice thread, i had one prebuildt computer and after 6 months of use everything got fried. I don't know why :P

Intel I5 3570k - CPU
ASUS P8Z77-V LX - MOBO
A SSD i dont know yet

I have the 3570K, I love it! It clocks super nicely too. Before i swapped cooler i ran it at 4.3 ghz no problem. With the new cooler i haven't really pushed it further than 4.4, i didn't feel like i needed to yet. One of my best friends have that cooler on his 3570K and he ran it at 4.2 with 100% load, 70% fan speed and sub 50 degrees celsius. It holds up nicely and if needed you can slap an extra fan on if im not mistaken.

My mom and dads computer have the RAM and the little test i have done with it it ran fine. However, take a look at Avexir blitz and crucial ballistix sport too! The avexir clocks grat. a 1600 module could usually be run at 1866 no problem. Very often even higher!

The graphics card i assume is the Direct CU II series? I absolutely love the Direct CU II. I have the gtx 570 in mine and i gotta say it is really nice! If we take a look at he 660ti i have two friends running it, one in a SLI configuration and one in a single card config. Both are very pleased with it but they dont have the asus version!
Chris183
Team: Privateeeeer

Post by Chris183 »

zipper63 wrote:
I have the 3570K, I love it! It clocks super nicely too. Before i swapped cooler i ran it at 4.3 ghz no problem. With the new cooler i haven't really pushed it further than 4.4, i didn't feel like i needed to yet. One of my best friends have that cooler on his 3570K and he ran it at 4.2 with 100% load, 70% fan speed and sub 50 degrees celsius. It holds up nicely and if needed you can slap an extra fan on if im not mistaken.

My mom and dads computer have the RAM and the little test i have done with it it ran fine. However, take a look at Avexir blitz and crucial ballistix sport too! The avexir clocks grat. a 1600 module could usually be run at 1866 no problem. Very often even higher!

The graphics card i assume is the Direct CU II series? I absolutely love the Direct CU II. I have the gtx 570 in mine and i gotta say it is really nice! If we take a look at he 660ti i have two friends running it, one in a SLI configuration and one in a single card config. Both are very pleased with it but they dont have the asus version!
I Dont know if i should buy that CPU cooler or a liquid cooler.

Should i get better ram? I dont know if my MOBO can handle more than 1600.
ASUS-P8Z77-V LX wrote:4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

I have heard great things about the asus gtx660ti, it also comes with a gpu-tweak. What version did they have?
Dungey #5
Wilson #15
Klutch

Post by Klutch »

Chris183 wrote:I Dont know if i should buy that CPU cooler or a liquid cooler.

Should i get better ram? I dont know if my MOBO can handle more than 1600.
ASUS-P8Z77-V LX wrote:4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

I have heard great things about the asus gtx660ti, it also comes with a gpu-tweak. What version did they have?
You dont need more than 1600 unless you're using the integrated graphics on your CPU.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

Sorry I ruined your life Klutch.
Klutch

Post by Klutch »

Justin653 wrote:Sorry I ruined your life Klutch.
I forgive you.
KaseyClark64
Team: Privateer

Post by KaseyClark64 »

K i no nothing on computer specs. What is a good one to get on that website
tatro36
Team: Bel-Ray Yamaha

Post by tatro36 »

Since it seems like a few of you have built your own computers.. how much money did you save by building it yourself rather than buying a out of the box comp?
Klutch

Post by Klutch »

KaseyClark64 wrote:K i no nothing on computer specs. What is a good one to get on that website
Depends on how much you want to spend.
tatro36 wrote:Since it seems like a few of you have built your own computers.. how much money did you save by building it yourself rather than buying a out of the box comp?
You can save hundreds by building it yourself, not only are the prices inflated, but alot of the parts put into pre-built computers are faulty and low quality.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

Puma is the man to ask. I think he invented PC's.