mxserver-2009-05-08

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
legend

Re: mxserver-2009-05-08

Post by legend »

LOL DUNNO PLZ HELP THO I DIDNT WANNA START A NEW THING SO U GET ANGRY =]
matias
Team: Privateer

Post by matias »

i think would be good , for the next release, add server helps on/off , to disable the sotps wheeles , antilock , gearing ,etc to force and separate the users who use the helps to ride from who dosent.
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
willii

Post by willii »

hi,
i want my own server to but i dont now where to start can somebody help me where i need top put the files and all that stuff what do i need to do than ? , .....
MXF_Popopski

Post by MXF_Popopski »

JLV it's possible to enable "--erode 1.0" for my server ??
MXF Online Championship here =>http://www.mxforum.be/index.php?showforum=80
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Nah, you cant have erosion on multiplayer. IT would cause too many sync problems
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think I'm close to getting this to work, but my mxserver cmd closes right away. Here is my args file:

--port 19800
--max-clients 10
--password mypassword
--greeting "My greeting"
--ban-file bans.txt
--results-file results.txt
--track-interval- 15
--laps 5
alcrest.trackinfo

Obviously thats not my real password, just don't want to show my real one. I have created a bat file with "mxserver.exe --args-file serverargs.txt" in it. I've added --password mypassword to the shortcut line of my game. I've forwarded my UDP port for 19800. I am also have my mxserver.exe to run in administrator privlages. I've created a txt document called bans, does the game create one (same for results) when you ban someone (or finish a race in the results case) in the folder where the mxserver is ran from? What am I doing wrong?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Get rid of the - after --track-interval. I'd also run the bat file from a command prompt so you can see what error message you're getting.

The ban file will be created when you ban someone. The results from the last race will be saved before the next restart, but it's a different format than the normal results file.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

JLV, I think I found a bug. Don't know long it has done this.
When you turn down Model Texture Detail, it effects the ground textures. You change Ground Texture Detail, and it only effects the ground.

Is Ground Texture Detail really necessary now, with Ground Texture Resolution? Or does that slider change the resolution of the raw images the tiles are made of?
I also think Model Texture Detail shouldn't effect the ground, if thats possible.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

This is the wrong topic noob! :D

Model texture detail should probably be called "global texture detail" now since the decal textures use it too. It's been like that since version 1.1

Ground texture detail (now "ground texture levels") caps how many levels of ground textures there are. So if you set that to 9 it won't update or use the closest detail level. Ground texture resolution controls how much resolution there is in each level.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

:shock: I was wondering why I couldnt find my post in the latest snapshot thread, I thought it must have been in Game Suggestions :lol:

Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok I took the dash out and I ran the bat file in the cmd. The error I get is

Code: Select all

"C:\Windows\system32>mxserver.exe --args-file server args.txt 'mxserver.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
It says Windows\system32 since I ran the cmd as an admin. So basically it's saying mxserver.exe is not a program that the cmd recognizes? I have the mxserver folder in another folder on my desktop, is it supposed to be somewhere else or does it not matter?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

yzmxer608 wrote:Ok I took the dash out and I ran the bat file in the cmd. The error I get is

"C:\Windows\system32>mxserver.exe --args-file server args.txt 'mxserver.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
It says Windows\system32 since I ran the cmd as an admin. So basically it's saying mxserver.exe is not a program that the cmd recognizes? I have the mxserver folder in another folder on my desktop, is it supposed to be somewhere else or does it not matter?
You'll have to go to the mxserver folder in cmd, and run that line from there.
e: And the folder location doesn't matter.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's what I did when I got that error. The line that I put in the cmd was:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Users\Nate\Desktop\MXS\mxserver\serverrun.bat
The C:\Windows\system32> is there since I started the cmd with administrator rights. Thanks for the info on the folder location.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:That's what I did when I got that error. The line that I put in the cmd was:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Users\Nate\Desktop\MXS\mxserver\serverrun.bat
The C:\Windows\system32> is there since I started the cmd with administrator rights. Thanks for the info on the folder location.
You need to CD to the correct folder first. Like this:

C:\Windows\system32> cd C:\Users\Nate\Desktop\MXS\mxserver
C:\Users\Nate\Desktop\MXS\mxserver> serverrun.bat
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

That seemed to work, its supposed to just have a blank line under the C:\Users\Nate\Desktop\MXS\mxserver> mxserver.exe --args-file serverargs.txt and thats where the cursor is. That means it's running right? The only problem I have now is that I can't connect, it keeps saying contacting server. I used the default gateway ip from ipconfig and added :19800 to the end since thats what I'm using (I forwarded my ports for UDP as 19800 also). Am I still doing something wrong?

Also, what does the cd thing actually do? I just want to know how it works :).