mxserver-2009-05-08

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
sweden
Team: JPR

Re: mxserver-2009-05-08

Post by sweden »

ok
Kendo
Team: Privateer

Post by Kendo »

i have the same problem as tyler, and i am hopeless with computers and software. could someone offer some simple help? thanks
PSN = cfcwill
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

Okay I have got my server up and running but I am running into a problem with setting the password to use server commands.
This is what I am getting when I attempt to put --password into the Start box. I have tried all different spacing, any help would be appreciated.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You want to change "Target". "Start in" is the folder to the server runs in.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
RKillah

Post by RKillah »

Hi I am about to host a new server, and was wondering how many players I should set to maximum as at the moment I only have a 10mbit d/load and 0.5mbit upload. I have tried working this out but am completely lost on how to do it.
Is it worth hosting a server publically with this speed connection.
At the moment we have 3 players in total (2 on LAN and another connecting via the internet with a ping of 46)

Ryan
andrew228
Team: Privateer

Post by andrew228 »

jlv wrote:Can you see them trying to connect on the console you're running the server from? A connection attempt will look like this:

AF_INET ###.###.###.###:##### Sending session id ######## to slot # (normal)

If you're seeing that and they aren't connecting, it means the incoming packets are getting to your server but the outgoing packets are getting blocked. You should make sure nothing is blocking outgoing UDP in that case.
my server does this and very little ppl can join and i dont know how to fix this, plz help