finally figured out how to get editor!!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LaneMariotti77
Team: SouthEastMx.com

finally figured out how to get editor!!

Post by LaneMariotti77 »

i finally figured out how to get editor but i suck with it lol. anyone have some tips on how to use it?
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: finally figured out how to get editor!!

Post by motokid499 »

honestly, the stock track editor is just for goon track making. its hard to really make anything more. most of the really good guys use earthsculter and stuff. but here is link for editor
tutorial page:

http://mxsimulator.com/editing.html

have fun!!
Tanner Rogers
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

motokid499 wrote:honestly, the stock track editor is just for goon track making. its hard to really make anything more. most of the really good guys use earthsculter and stuff. but here is link for editor
tutorial page:

have fun!!
Ehhh, actually a lot of the top guys use the built in editor. While it lacks in some areas it is very good for making jumps and berms/ruts that are even all the way around the corner.

No matter what program you use you are going to need to learn how to use it, I say experiment will all of them and see what you like the best. I think if you asked the top guys you would probably find that they use a combination of a couple programs all for different things.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

motokid499 wrote:honestly, the stock track editor is just for goon track making. its hard to really make anything more. most of the really good guys use earthsculter and stuff.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

barrington314 wrote:
motokid499 wrote:honestly, the stock track editor is just for goon track making. its hard to really make anything more. most of the really good guys use earthsculter and stuff.
:lol:
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

I made a couple basic track editor tutorials about a year ago....
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11258
They are nothing to brag about, but they might help you.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Yeah dude Budds 12/13 and muddy creek totally fucking suck. :P

Editor kick ass once you learn how to use it.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

barrington314 wrote:
Hahaha
LaneMariotti77

Post by LaneMariotti77 »

thanks for the posotive replys! and i will deff check out those links, hopefully i can make a track :lol:
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

AWood wrote:Yeah dude Budds 12/13 and muddy creek totally fucking suck. :P

Almost all the GP tracks were made in editor too, if Im not mistaken.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
motokid499 wrote:honestly, the stock track editor is just for goon track making. its hard to really make anything more. most of the really good guys use earthsculter and stuff. but here is link for editor
tutorial page:

have fun!!
Ehhh, actually a lot of the top guys use the built in editor. While it lacks in some areas it is very good for making jumps and berms/ruts that are even all the way around the corner.

No matter what program you use you are going to need to learn how to use it, I say experiment will all of them and see what you like the best. I think if you asked the top guys you would probably find that they use a combination of a couple programs all for different things.
the top guys usually use a base program, and make the track with that. But alot of track builders DO infact use multiple programs for 1 track. All programs have there Pros and cons, so if you want all pros, you have to use them all!! haha
Tanner Rogers
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

barrington314 wrote:
AWood wrote:Yeah dude Budds 12/13 and muddy creek totally fucking suck. :P

Almost all the GP tracks were made in editor too, if Im not mistaken.
i didnt think haggvist used track editor, i could be wrong tho.
Tanner Rogers
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

All my tracks have been made exclusively in the editor with the raise/lower/smooth tools i.e. without gradients.
The track path and jumps on Agueda, Beto Carrero and Kegums was done by rafagas in the editor as well, although he takes the easy road by using the gradient tool. :lol:
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

motokid499 wrote:
the top guys usually use a base program, and make the track with that. But alot of track builders DO infact use multiple programs for 1 track. All programs have there Pros and cons, so if you want all pros, you have to use them all!! haha
Im not calling myself a top guy, but I did make 2 rF nationals straight from editor, any SX track ive done like stl 09 and mx sim cup where in editor and currently working on 2 GPs in none other than, dun dun dun, THE GOONY STOCK TRACK EDITOR!
Not saying its the best or should be whats used. By all means use what you are comfortable with. But the stock track editor is more than capable of making top tier tracks. Your posts are super miss leading and I dont think you even know what you are talking about. Good day. 8)
LaneMariotti77

Post by LaneMariotti77 »

Haha, you sire are 100% correct, i barely know what im trying to say. but.. ive played around with it a little today and i just have trouble with the gradients and crap to make turns and jumps. ive made a few jumps but dk how to do the thing where it basically does it kinda on its own?? idk man im a goon with this crap. i watched the tutorials and i just dont understand. sorry for the struggle and the lack of understanding. but im sure ill get it at some point!! :D