Great Game but... Few issues i think need attention.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
plcains

Great Game but... Few issues i think need attention.

Post by plcains »

As the title states, i think its a great game but there are a few things that too me are very frustrating. Please dont take this the wrong way, i am winging but only in a constructive manner for any future patches. If these things were fixed it would be the ultimate mx game. Sorry about any spelling mistakes.

- No ability to turn the bars when stationary, meaning you have to move in order to turn, which is rediculously annoying if an obstacle is in front of the bike and you need to reverse. You cannot turn until enough speed is gained, which means you have to lean in order to turn, therefore trying to navigate up hills such as when you are trying to return to the track becomes painful as you continously fall off trying to turn up these hills because of the lean angle of the bike, which is unlikely in real life.

- Hay Bails are too obtrusive, in that when you into them, its a real process trying to get 'unstuck', sure a stack is neccessary when hitting them, but if you arent going fast enough to fall off, its very frustrating being caught on them.
- Painful experience when returning to the track, which relates to the first point as you cant turn when stationary as berm faces can become obstacles you cant turn into. making returning to the track when you overshoot a long process.

- Unless your dead straight when jumping, you will most likely stack. So when launching at an angle to the ramp, naturally the bike will not fly straight, some of this can be counteracted with the left and right keys in the air, but there is not enough tolerance for being 'out of wack' when landing. A bikes momentum, to a point, will allow it to straigten apon landing, so you dont neccessarily need to always be dead straight.

-Why do the handle bars steer to the oposite direction of turning when you are going slow?

- when you uncheck all the 'robots' in all the gates and change them to 'empty', there are still people racing against you. what gives?

- To the developer..... You should created barriers around the perimeter of the map so that you can just ride into oblivian.

BTW, i only have the demo but will be buying soon. So if any of these are fixed in the full version let me know.
Mumhra
Team: Privateer

Re: Great Game but... Few issues i think need attention.

Post by Mumhra »

plcains wrote: No ability to turn the bars when stationary, meaning you have to move in order to turn, which is rediculously annoying if an obstacle is in front of the bike and you need to reverse. You cannot turn until enough speed is gained, which means you have to lean in order to turn, therefore trying to navigate up hills such as when you are trying to return to the track becomes painful as you continously fall off trying to turn up these hills because of the lean angle of the bike, which is unlikely in real life.
Agree here. A few buttons that actually make the bars steer so you can turn the bike when riding at low speeds would be easy. Ofcourse it should be impossible to actually use those keys when riding at higher speeds.
plcains wrote:Why do the handle bars steer to the oposite direction of turning when you are going slow?
You can change that in bike setup menu. Just put counter steering to "no". The bars will now steer just like you want them to. Problem is that when riding you have turn left to go right then lol. Not very easy :lol:
plcains wrote: when you uncheck all the 'robots' in all the gates and change them to 'empty', there are still people racing against you. what gives?
You sure ? I would check again if i were you because here i'm alone at the start if i do that.
plcains wrote: BTW, i only have the demo but will be buying soon. So if any of these are fixed in the full version let me know.
There allready is a fix yes. Read all about it here : http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ?f=1&t=238
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

plcains wrote:As the title states, i think its a great game but there are a few things that too me are very frustrating. Please dont take this the wrong way, i am winging but only in a constructive manner for any future patches. If these things were fixed it would be the ultimate mx game. Sorry about any spelling mistakes.

- No ability to turn the bars when stationary, meaning you have to move in order to turn, which is rediculously annoying if an obstacle is in front of the bike and you need to reverse. You cannot turn until enough speed is gained, which means you have to lean in order to turn, therefore trying to navigate up hills such as when you are trying to return to the track becomes painful as you continously fall off trying to turn up these hills because of the lean angle of the bike, which is unlikely in real life.
You can, its backwards tho left turns right and right turns left until a certain speed then it goes to normal, also at 100%you can not turn with out moving.
plcains wrote:- Hay Bails are too obtrusive, in that when you into them, its a real process trying to get 'unstuck', sure a stack is neccessary when hitting them, but if you arent going fast enough to fall off, its very frustrating being caught on them.
Just reverse "B" key
- Painful experience when returning to the track, which relates to the first point as you cant turn when stationary as berm faces can become obstacles you cant turn into. making returning to the track when you overshoot a long process.
plcains wrote:- Unless your dead straight when jumping, you will most likely stack. So when launching at an angle to the ramp, naturally the bike will not fly straight, some of this can be counteracted with the left and right keys in the air, but there is not enough tolerance for being 'out of wack' when landing. A bikes momentum, to a point, will allow it to straigten apon landing, so you dont neccessarily need to always be dead straight.
Youd just need more practice, i never hit the jumps strait and hardly ever wreck.
plcains wrote:-Why do the handle bars steer to the oposite direction of turning when you are going slow?
Im not sure bit it has something to do with counter steer at high speeds with the back end steps out.
plcains wrote:- when you uncheck all the 'robots' in all the gates and change them to 'empty', there are still people racing against you. what gives?
Never experienced this before?
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

plcains wrote:
- when you uncheck all the 'robots' in all the gates and change them to 'empty', there are still people racing against you. what gives?
ya i thought the same thing happend you just have to look on the other side theres robots over on the right side list and look carefully sometimes its hard to see them lol
Steve K

Post by Steve K »

plcains wrote:
Why do the handle bars steer to the oposite direction of turning when you are going slow?

You can change that in bike setup menu. Just put counter steering to "no". The bars will now steer just like you want them to. Problem is that when riding you have turn left to go right then lol. Not very easy

This only reverses the problem, the handlebars should never move in the opposite direction that you are turning them, this is a massive problem. I love the game but i quit everytime I go off track and end up in any variety of basic positions where slow or stopped movement comes into play. It also happens everytime the front wheel lifts off the track in the slightest way. Am I missing something?I ride mx and this isn't normal. This is extremely frustrating! Pleeeease fix it.

By the way, this sim is fantastic and a huge step in the right direction. As a fan of mcm I was waiting a long time for this.
billybob

Post by billybob »

I must say that i originally said that i thought jump landing was too sensitive. But a little more time on the game i have to throw my hands up and say i was wrong (in my opinion, of course).

After riding some of those Supercross tracks, i found it alot easier to handle, now i can get all out of shape and still land it. I personally think the mistake i was making was holding the bars turned for too long, or turning at the last moment. It's too easy to want to tap a direction key on landing, which i suppose you would instinctively do on a real bike, but it's obviously different in the game.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I have the full version and I can tell you that I get no better if I try to go faster, I fell, I sort of turn, I lost the front, we think on the snow or mud, I come not to go faster and I'm really ridiculous when I look idling in external view. The bike falls too easily. For jump, I try to remain as right as possible but not easy at all to make up the bike if it is through. I will try with another game controller, I also tried the keyboard, but it is much better. I am quite disappointed not to get better, because usually I'm pretty good, but then I'm very, very bad. I tried stalibité 80, 70, 50, 30, 0, nothing to do.