Bike Setup

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
chris465

Re: Bike Setup

Post by chris465 »

That triple is no prob on a 125!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I still have problems with it sometimes. Have to get a smooth line, it seems like if you hit that bump at the end of the berm you won't make it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Redbull
Team: Privateer

Post by Redbull »

From my experience i found messing with the rider spring does a lot more than just suspension. I just kept my suspension stock and messed with rider spring till i got it bike really stable (I use 17 stability). Then i messed with suspension until i got it right. The 250f is harder to get perfect than the 125's. Also dont tune on a 125 and use the same setting on a 250f it doesnt always work well. Just play around with it and find something you like it takes awhile.
ImageFRAUD IS A CRIME SAM!!!
mxsnewbie

Re: Bike Setup, please help

Post by mxsnewbie »

Hello you guys,

i'm from Germany and downloaded the MXS Demo couple of weeks ago and messed around with it, but I can't really enjoy it, because I don't find a decent bike setup. Presently I'm just riding on standard settings, with rider mass distribution on 0.42 and stability on 40. I'm always crashing, the front washes out or just on the landing of a jump I crash, with no reasonable reason. I'd like to buy the game, but with these problems it's not worth it I think. As I only have the demo, I'm riding on Ekswanbee. Of course you have to practise your ass off, but normaly I'm pretty talented on games.. Can someone please give me settings for suspension, stability and rider that work, because I can't believe that these guys on youtube could ride like they do with my settings? Read pretty much in the forum, but couldn't get a clue.

Thanks
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

After playing the game awhile now, I think that you should get down to 11 stability.

For now, set it up just like DJ said earlier in the thread-

20 stability

+1 tooth in rear sprocket

i have the rider mass dist. thing set at 45, seems like a good spot

and ride a 125 two-stroke

it's a lot easier to ride fast, and it can be pushed a lot harder before it washes out.

and an xbox 360 controller if you're not already using one
mxsnewbie

Post by mxsnewbie »

Thanks! I use a pretty nice controller, it's nearly the same. Will try these settings. What about suspension?

Whips do not work, 1 out of 30..
mxsnewbie

Post by mxsnewbie »

Read DJs advice on suspension, gonna give it a try!
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

All you need is practice. It has nothing to do with the setup that you cant stay on the wheels... nor land the whips. Also I think you will learn faster if you buy the full game. Since you can ride a lot more tracks and it will make it more fun for practice instead of just having 2 tracks that you probably will be pretty bored of quickly. And racing online on full version is a lot more fun and better and you will probably find people who are at the same level as you or a little higher level which will just be better for you. Like having someone you can try and keep up with will just improve you.
mxsnewbie

Post by mxsnewbie »

Yes, I agree with you, but at the moment I just have a bad pc, can't run on full graphic settings. I'll buy a laptop in a few weeks I think and then the game.

I played 2 hours yesterday to try the setups, but for me they were even worse, so I started to adjust every clicker and got to a decent setup, but I have only one problem I can't solve. My frontend is washing out like all the time, mostly while braking, but also with very small lean angle, and I think, that there is something wrong, otherwise it would be weird, because its sliding very early! Is there sth you can do against it? I tried a lot with leaning, sitting not sitting etc, but didn't get a good thing to do.. May be someone could help.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The front brake will make the bike push. You want to get most of your braking done before you start turning. When you start to turn, you want to be off the front brake and using engine braking or the rear brake to slow down.

You also want to only turn hard when you have a berm. When the ground is flat or off camber you have to be careful.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mxsnewbie

Post by mxsnewbie »

Thanks JLV, i thought about that before, but after watching some vids I thought, that they can push much harder than me. But I will train harder :wink:
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Yes, train. You've gotta take this game seriously, like beer kickball.

It's all about sensitivity with the controller. I'm not a super-fast guy, but I think we'd all agree that once u get a quick flow, you're actually making very small movements with the joystick, not pushing all the way left and right all the time as with other MX games.

Try commiting to a slight lean angle before the turn, and then try to get thru the turn without changing your angle at all until your thru it. If u give it just a slight amount of gas all thru it, your front wheel will keep a grip better.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

every time i try to turni crash whats wrong
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

BRYAN17 wrote:every time i try to turni crash whats wrong
You're turning too hard
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

ive learned that on some corners if you just let the bike turn it self once you set it up for the corner it really works, just like in real life let the bike do the bike.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/