1st person or 3rd??

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: 1st person or 3rd??

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Sweendoggy wrote:
DJ_Diehl#777 wrote:I can only play in 3rd person, i cant feel the bike, so i have to see it.
exactly
Wakestyle told me the same thing and i said , Yes I can feel the bike
This is the reasson i play with 1st person :wink: haha just learn how to feel it
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Its so disorienting though, i cant even make a turn.... gives me a headache....
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

so simply said, "use the cam that you are used to and were you are the fastest with."

damn I think that is a bad enlgish sentence.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

This topic is making me confused on which camera I want to use. I am faster on some sections and tracks in 3rd, but the same goes for 1st. Sometimes I just don't know what tracks I'm faster on with which camera :| .
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DW434

Post by DW434 »

to be honest people already said it in this thread but until we get little chucky cheese bike to sit on 3rd person is more realistic becuase you know what the bikes doing
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

yzmxer608 wrote:This topic is making me confused on which camera I want to use. I am faster on some sections and tracks in 3rd, but the same goes for 1st. Sometimes I just don't know what tracks I'm faster on with which camera :| .
Hey bro , atleast do you know who are you ? Hahaha :D You're freaking lost
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

I use 3RD... in 1ST you just dont have the periferals that you do in real life.. personally i just cant see enough is 1ST..
totorox

Post by totorox »

Well for that, MXsim need, an option to choose how you want anticipate. (like in Gpbike)
One on the first things we learn in MX is "don't look your front wheel, always look far away".
For that, it is often I crash on tires in interior or turns because I want to take best possible trajectory, I have to remember it because I can't see where I go. To be simple, It could be just a little view rotation up and out the turn direction depending your angle, just to help a bit.
gordy

Post by gordy »

you can alter the position and angle of the first person camera ingame already
instupitious.
02CRF450R

Post by 02CRF450R »

Where is the 1st person camera actually "mounted" ?

Is it locked to the bike or locked to the helmet of the rider? For a true simulator experience you'd want it locked to the helmet surely?.... because the helmet angle would be very different from the bike angle a lot of the time.
4-stroke induced bankruptee.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It is locked to the rider body. We've been through this many times, it is hard to ride when the camera is on the head, because you cant predict what the rider is doing below you, whereis in real life, you dont need to see it because you can feel it.

Go into graphics setup, set 1st person height to max (will be near the head), set desired angle, and try to ride. It will be hard
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

We need buttons for turning head to right and left i think,and afcourse 1st person view.It would look sick,and maybe little easyer to play.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Kawasakis wrote:We need buttons for turning head to right and left i think,and afcourse 1st person view.It would look sick,and maybe little easyer to play.
Yea, I was thinking about that too. Would be usefull when battling close and in the start. But am I the only one running out of buttons on the controller? :mrgreen:
v3Nx
Team: Creme Egg

Post by v3Nx »

Mutt wrote:Yea, I was thinking about that too. Would be usefull when battling close and in the start. But am I the only one running out of buttons on the controller? :mrgreen:
Im afraid not.. By the way 1st Person ftw. I always found 3rd person easier on every other game, But then i played this and i cant play in 3rd person anymore. Plus even when i do play games in 3rd person, the camera angle has to be slightly to the right. It's a more realistic simulation is 1st person anyways.
Voutare wrote:That would have been funny if I got it the first time, but I had to read it a couple times over. :(
02CRF450R

Post by 02CRF450R »

Imagine TrackIR 4 control of head movement. It would be crazy immersive.
4-stroke induced bankruptee.