Rider lean

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
wakestyle21

Rider lean

Post by wakestyle21 »

JLV, have you started on the rider forward/back lean yet? I was thinking about it and this is the perfect oportunity to change the steering. Instead of looking at it as which way you are turning the bars think of it as the way the rider leans the bike. When you want to go left you lean the bike to the left (e.g. http://www.robbybellracing.com/assets/i ... nering.jpg) or if you are going really slow you turn the bars to the left. This way left will always make you go left. This together with the rider forward/back lean will really enhance this game. Let me know what you think of this idea. Also, any idea when the rider lean will be done? Thanks.
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Re: Rider lean

Post by cpt_Slow »

I think maybe the system that is set up now (bars turning) could be adapted slightly to work better with analogue at the moment at anything less than 100% stability---lean angle is not directly proportional to controller position you have to dab at the stick then bring it back central (when not using a berm) then steer the opposite way to get the bike upright, just feels unnatural to me although im pretty poor at playing any game :P

Could a system be introduced where the rider dabs at the bars momentarily instead of continuing to lean over untill he falls over, however if you put the stick on full lock or on off camber he falls over? :shock:

sorry just thinking aloud again :roll: :wink:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I was planning on updating the terrain texturing first.

Making the rider lean left and right shouldn't be too hard, but it won't a substitute for steering. It will be interesting to see how leaning the rider affects the steering though.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

In motocross you usually lean the bike and try to stay on top of the bike when you turn.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yeah I think the basic plan will be to try to keep the rider as close to the global y axis of the bike as possible. That should be right in almost every situation.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

the global y axis or the bike y axis?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Global.
wakestyle21