WMSA 4: New format for online racing (READ THIS)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yomo

Re: WMSA 4: New format for online racing (READ THIS)

Post by yomo »

Is the amount of people in a server dependent on the speed of the computer or internet connection?
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

yomo wrote:Is the amount of people in a server dependent on the speed of the computer or internet connection?
From server point of view it's the internet connection (I think). I remember in MXF series, the ping rocketed over 600 when there was like more than 7-8 players.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Can not wait, hope the races are conviniant time for me
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yomo

Post by yomo »

Vellu wrote:
yomo wrote:Is the amount of people in a server dependent on the speed of the computer or internet connection?
From server point of view it's the internet connection (I think). I remember in MXF series, the ping rocketed over 600 when there was like more than 7-8 players.

Oh ok because my computer would run as many people as you want, but im not sure if my internet connection would handle it. Is it more the upload or download speeds?
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

yomo wrote:
Vellu wrote:

Oh ok because my computer would run as many people as you want, but im not sure if my internet connection would handle it. Is it more the upload or download speeds?
I think for client (not server) download is more important, since you have to upload only your own bike/rider information to the server, but you have to download multiple bike/rider information packets from the server. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just thinking out loud.

Just for comparison I have 2M/2M internet at my home, and I have never had lag problems on full public servers (11 players?)
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

I'm in for sure! So how many riders gonna be in the server? My pc cant handle from 7,maybe if i do lower graphics settings it would handle.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Jacko #828
Team: Privateer

Post by Jacko #828 »

this series sounds very good, think i might do thid series
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Vellu wrote:Just for comparison I have 2M/2M internet at my home, and I have never had lag problems on full public servers (11 players?)
2 megabytes per second or megabits? (megabits are 1/8th of a megabyte). So 2 megabits would be 250 kilobytes per second.

I only have 655 kB (kilobytes) per second, so far it has handled at least 5 people in my server (about 6 including me) and has run fine. I imagine 2 megabytes could handle at least 15.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
chris465

Post by chris465 »

Sounds like fun Shack!! When are you planning on running this series?
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Kawasakis wrote:I'm in for sure! So how many riders gonna be in the server? My pc cant handle from 7,maybe if i do lower graphics settings it would handle.
The amount of people per server really depends on how many people show up.

It has to follow the #-up, #-down style.
If there are 36 people, there could be as many as 12 per server, following a 4 up, 4 stay, 4 down format.
So if there are 27 people, 9 people per server, it will be 3 up, 3 stay, 3 down
The next scenario is 6 people per server, and it would be 2 up, 2 stay, 2 down.

You get the idea.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think they mean how many can you handle per server, doesn't sound like that's going to be a problem though :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I think they mean how many can you handle per server, doesn't sound like that's going to be a problem though :).
I can handle about 30 riders or so just fine.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

a online series would be awesome! But what time would it be held on? For we allways have mr timezone difference who can be difficult to do something with.
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

cant wait.when will this start(:
Alec250f

Post by Alec250f »

Sounds like a great idea but I think we should still have a normal online series of some kind with seperate classes. So maybe 2 series? :D