Flickering screen when game is opened?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
soulberg22
Team: Privateer

Flickering screen when game is opened?

Post by soulberg22 »

Hello, I have been trying to play this game for SEVERAL weeks now, & every time I try to go to play it, the screen starts flickering when I open the program. I've tried deleting & re-installing, going to previous versions, & trying to change the options (which I couldn't do because the screen wouldn't respond half the time). & nothing seems to be work in the slightest. I have a Raedon 6870 graphics card & it's a fairly high end one, so I wouldn't think the graphics card would be an issue. Does anyone know a quick fix for this. Every once in a while the game will let me navigate through the screen but I don't know where to go because i haven't gotten to play it at all. So if anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE help me. I built a computer solely to play this game & i really want to play this :(.
SMR 510RR

Re: Flickering screen when game is opened?

Post by SMR 510RR »

Sounds like there is some configuration issue with your computer, try updating your graphics drivers to the latest and greatest to see if that helps.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try switching from fullscreen to windowed mode or vice versa.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
soulberg22

Post by soulberg22 »

Thank you JLV! It ended up working after I updated my drivers! Only issue I have now is when I open up MXS it jacks up my screen resolution, but no biggy, it's an easy fix! Still love playing this game! Thank you for all your help!
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I am having this issue. I have a new gaming rig set-up with latest drivers. I can run the game windowed ok. If I try full screen it flickers. Any one have any ideas?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It might help to change the triple buffering setting in your graphics driver.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.