mxs for ps2/ps3

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kawboy707

mxs for ps2/ps3

Post by kawboy707 »

i heard that mxs was on xbox so i was wandering why cant u make it for playstation? i think this would make the game more popular and easier. hopefully someone will think about this and make it so (jv). thanx and be blessed
DJ99X

Re: mxs for ps2/ps3

Post by DJ99X »

Who the hell told you it was on XBOX? It won't ever be on a console, only Windows and Linux, and maybe Mac in the near future
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

Out of curiosity, why isn't MXS going to be put on consoles? Is it because of the extra development time that would entail, or licencing costs, or maybe difficulties with update snapshots? I know this has been answered before, but I can't remember what the answers were and I really don't feel like digging though a long list of long threads to go find it. I'm sure someone can remember the reason off the top.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The same reason it isn't on Mac's, you have to port it to them, which would take up a fair chunk of time.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I had a feeling it was a time constraint. Thanks for the quick response though, damn!
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

We wouldn't have the ability to do whatever we want if its on a console... can't make our own stuff, can't do... anything else :roll: lol I thought it would be awesome and then I "actually" thought about and it would suck.
"It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about LAG!"
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

MXS for ps3 might be pretty cool for long trips or when away from your pc. It's very easy to get updates for psp too just hook it up to the usb :D.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I suppose this is why the PC is the traditional stomping ground for serious simulators. More than other games, sim players tend to demand a lot of customization and that is something that the PC can do better than any other platform we have today.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

First you said ps3 then psp... lol but its not worth doing all that for just an hour or 2 car ride... laptops :wink:
"It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about LAG!"
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

JETZcorp wrote:I suppose this is why the PC is the traditional stomping ground for serious simulators. More than other games, sim players tend to demand a lot of customization and that is something that the PC can do better than any other platform we have today.
No, they offer the computing power to run traditional sims. Consoles just don't pack enough punch to run the physics calculations.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I would think that a 3.2 GHZ Tri Core would handle physics calculations much better than most computers, including my own
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's fast, but the lack of out of order execution will make it slower than an equivalent x86 processor.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

:P