2009-08-08 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2009-08-08 snapshot

Post by jlv »

fabmx1 wrote:Great Snapshot, THX JLV! The only problem that's now i can't change the rider camera view (3 pers)??
I thought it would be better to let you move the camera around without messing up the view when you're playing. I'll change it back.
DankeKTM21 wrote:the warm up has a bug, you can enter when the riders are in the startgate, and start racing with them without colission
I believe that's working correctly. You just missed the start so it put you in warmup mode.
ddmx488 wrote:Could we see the roost remain hanging in the air a little longer? Like with yz's more dust looking decal it would really really add to the effect. It's already better because if I get too close to someone sometimes I can't see because of the roost. Also, another thing I was thinking, is can you make the main screen picture stretch across the entire screen? The title.ppm.
Once I make the roost depend on the terrain there will be a lot of parameters you can change based on the ground type you're on. This version made the roost thrower more tunable in preparation for that.

I didn't want to stretch the title so far that it got blurry.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That definitely sounds like something to look forward to!!!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The reason I wondered if you could make that stretch full screen is so that it would open up more possibilities for sweeter menu screens.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can the "Warm up mode- Collisions removed" text be moved, or smaller? Right now you can't read what people say without pressing T and reading it that way.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'll move it to the bottom.
ddmx488 wrote:The reason I wondered if you could make that stretch full screen is so that it would open up more possibilities for sweeter menu screens.
The menu's need an overhaul, but I still change them often enough that I don't want to put a lot into them yet.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Once I make the roost depend on the terrain there will be a lot of parameters you can change based on the ground type you're on. This version made the roost thrower more tunable in preparation for that.
That is sweet. Will this be done by the end of the track comp?
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

i like the roost but i cant se half the time i ride in 3rd person :(
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Just tried the snapshot, I love it! I use 3rd person, and the roost doesn't bother me, maybe I have a higher camera angle.
LuKe
Team: Privateer

Post by LuKe »

doesnt bother me either
my fov is at 120
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ wrote:
That is sweet. Will this be done by the end of the track comp?
Yes. I expect it to be done by then.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I think the roost is thrown to much upward. Sure, sometimes roost goes that high, but it's nearly 10 feet. Usually, the roost comes out like a firehose straight back, on the ground, and angled up to about the bars, not much more. Check out this picture, you all have rode a dirtbike before though, and gotten roosted. It's not very often it goes waaay up there.

If you could, maybe make the particles going straight back stay longer and clearer, and have the ones going up fade out more. That way the camera won't get roosted either.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

I'm with you kyle ! agreed this thing need be fixed though ! would be nice if the game could calculate the power the bike do in the ground then give much roost as much the bike powerd in the ground.... someone get the idea? Just like in the real life
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The amount the roost lifts is based off the squared angular velocity of the wheel. The faster the rotation the quicker the roost releases from the wheel. This is to model the centripetal force needed to stick the dirt to the wheel. The current setting is 90 degrees when the wheel is stopped and 11.25 degrees at 64 radians per second.

In a future version the release points will change depending on the dirt, so mud will stick to the wheel and throw higher but dry dirt won't stick and will stay low.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

jlv makes me smile :D
yomo

Post by yomo »

Wow this snapshot it awesome and the future plans sounds really good...

Is there anyway that the dirt could stick to the rider and bike? Mud for example would stick more than sand.