2009-08-08 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DJ99X

Re: 2009-08-08 snapshot

Post by DJ99X »

jlv wrote:The amount the roost lifts is based off the squared angular velocity of the wheel. The faster the rotation the quicker the roost releases from the wheel. This is to model the centripetal force needed to stick the dirt to the wheel. The current setting is 90 degrees when the wheel is stopped and 11.25 degrees at 64 radians per second.

In a future version the release points will change depending on the dirt, so mud will stick to the wheel and throw higher but dry dirt won't stick and will stay low.
jlv wrote:
DJ wrote:
Once I make the roost depend on the terrain there will be a lot of parameters you can change based on the ground type you're on. This version made the roost thrower more tunable in preparation for that.
That is sweet. Will this be done by the end of the track comp?
Yes. I expect it to be done by then.
That is music to my ears. Been wanting this for so long.

Dust though. That acts differently to roost, in that it isn't really thrown from the tyre. Would these parameters allow simulation of dust?
Sonnette
Team: Mspirit

Post by Sonnette »

Good day Gents,

Really Goood Job on this one!!! And you can bet I really look forward to the roost thing. And for sure I absolutely like the Warm up mode there. :)

Kind Regards

Sonnette
THE MISSING POWER OF AN ENGINE IS BALANCED BY THE SICKNESS OF THE RIDER
IF YOU DON´T NEED TO BRAKE BEFORE A CORNER YOU HAD BEEN GAY ON THE STRAIGHT BEFORE
chez

Post by chez »

can u do something about the people who connect to multiplayer and dont race just stay at the start gates because it is a waste of bandwidth and the races never get to finish fully so just add something that disconnects them automatically if they havent moved after 1 or 2 laps
KTM
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Im agree with you chez
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I seem to be having a problem with this snapshot. My sound isn't very muffled and gets louder and softer at random times. It starts out fine, but then eventually sounds like the bike has a bad cold. lol Any ideas? My sound works fine in other games/ itunes
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

DJ wrote:Dust though. That acts differently to roost, in that it isn't really thrown from the tyre. Would these parameters allow simulation of dust?
I haven't tried it yet. I expect just using a big dust image with a high drag setting will work. If it doesn't work I can always put in something special to handle it.
chez wrote:can u do something about the people who connect to multiplayer and dont race just stay at the start gates because it is a waste of bandwidth and the races never get to finish fully so just add something that disconnects them automatically if they havent moved after 1 or 2 laps
I'm going to do that on the server side. I'll probably make riders that cut the track kickable by anyone too.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

I still think 05-24 is the best snapshot, I still use it.
Guilherme10
Team: Privateer

Post by Guilherme10 »

Mine is a problem when I do not have the skin, it does not appear the rider, the bike is only going alone

you have to do to fix this?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Holy crap. Has anyone tried riding with erode on?!?!?!?!?! You can actually feel the wheels digging into the ground now, except it is really really shaky, and roughens the ground up quite quickly. Give it a go, its not something you would wanna keep doing though
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

dude thats nuts. Even taking off from the gate immediately puts a hole and then keeps digging in until you let off. Extremely bumpy.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

If I may, it would be really nice to have any roost changes that will affect contest tracks done really soon rather then the day before the tracks are due...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

ermm i know erode is --erode but wot do i put after it cos it says in faq --erode then a number
but what should i do --erode(space)#0.8 or some thing like that?
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

(space)--erode(space)1.0

or any number you wish in place of 1.0
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

ok thanks alot =)
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

jlv wrote:The amount the roost lifts is based off the squared angular velocity of the wheel. The faster the rotation the quicker the roost releases from the wheel. This is to model the centripetal force needed to stick the dirt to the wheel. The current setting is 90 degrees when the wheel is stopped and 11.25 degrees at 64 radians per second.

In a future version the release points will change depending on the dirt, so mud will stick to the wheel and throw higher but dry dirt won't stick and will stay low.

And here I was thinking you just kind of threw in the roost.

Man, you really cover your bases on nearly everything you do. If I could, I would give you a cookie, but I can't cook, nor do I have cookies, or your address.