2009-08-08 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Re: 2009-08-08 snapshot

Post by Netdemon01 »

jlv wrote:
DankeKTM21 wrote:the warm up has a bug, you can enter when the riders are in the startgate, and start racing with them without colission
I believe that's working correctly. You just missed the start so it put you in warmup mode.

JLV, please see the image:

I joined multiplayer and the guys were on the 5th lap. I did a lap in warm up mode and it counted me in the finishing results. So if I was to join and just missed the start, I could begin racing on the same lap, but not have any collisions and actually be counted in the race. I don't believe you want this happening, correct?

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I would imagine that would only show on the client's computer who is in that mode.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

it does.
only one to win something real from the game!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

JLV nes snappy make it if you join with in the 1st lap you can join in on the race
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Netdemon01 wrote:I joined multiplayer and the guys were on the 5th lap. I did a lap in warm up mode and it counted me in the finishing results. So if I was to join and just missed the start, I could begin racing on the same lap, but not have any collisions and actually be counted in the race. I don't believe you want this happening, correct?
DJ's correct. It's only on your client.
Mikey wrote:JLV nes snappy make it if you join with in the 1st lap you can join in on the race
Can't do that. Loading another bike in the middle of a race would give everyone a framerate hitch.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

jlv wrote:
Netdemon01 wrote:I joined multiplayer and the guys were on the 5th lap. I did a lap in warm up mode and it counted me in the finishing results. So if I was to join and just missed the start, I could begin racing on the same lap, but not have any collisions and actually be counted in the race. I don't believe you want this happening, correct?
DJ's correct. It's only on your client.
Does it send that info to the statistics page? I would imagine not but just checking.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

No. The times don't even get sent to the server you're on.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Nor*Cal

Post by Nor*Cal »

How do I get this to work? After I download it says game data not found when I try to open it.
gordy

Post by gordy »

FAQ. read it.
instupitious.
Arran34

Post by Arran34 »

Anyone else had bad lag since this snapshot?

I start playing and its fine, then after a while it just lags real bad. But if I restart my PC, its fine again (for a little while) then I keep having to repeat this. :?:
Arran34

Post by Arran34 »

DJ wrote:Holy crap. Has anyone tried riding with erode on?!?!?!?!?! You can actually feel the wheels digging into the ground now, except it is really really shaky, and roughens the ground up quite quickly. Give it a go, its not something you would wanna keep doing though
Dude, thats gnaaaaarly!!!! :lol:
Attachments
gnarly.jpg
(97.44 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Arran34 wrote:Anyone else had bad lag since this snapshot?

I start playing and its fine, then after a while it just lags real bad. But if I restart my PC, its fine again (for a little while) then I keep having to repeat this. :?:
Yes, its just the nice way of saying you need a new fucking computer, learn from experiance my freind
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Arran34

Post by Arran34 »

Mikey wrote:
Arran34 wrote:Anyone else had bad lag since this snapshot?

Yes, its just the nice way of saying you need a new fucking computer, learn from experiance my freind
It is a new computer, which I bought like less than 2 months ago :roll:
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Yeah , yesterday I was playin with Yz608 and some tracks I was getting 10-15fps and my computer is pretty good ! I always got 50-60fps on those tracks...
idkn what happend
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

I like the warm up idea, its a nice addition. Hope it cools the jets on these impatient kids that just cant wait 1 more minute on lap 5 of my race.

However, I cant say I like this roost update. Personally a dust effect that sticks around would have more impact I think. Right now it looks more like something I see at the lake with jet skis. As for performance, this was the last straw for my piece of crap computer. Yeah I know my pc sucks, yeah I have all settings towards lowest, but still this is the FIRST update I ever had to uninstall. Good thing it isnt mandatory or Id have to pack my bags.