The Old MX Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Robert196

The Old MX Simulator

Post by Robert196 »

I was just going through my old YouTube videos and thought to show the new guys what MXS was like back in the day. So post here anything that you made back in the day or what got you into the game.

I'll start with my first ever MX Sim video. It's not the best by any means. I was only 12 or 13 when I made it, so my creative levels are beyond bad. Using Windows Movie Maker, I was able to create this:

After I made this video, I decided to make another edit. It's probably my favorite edit I've ever made but it's also my least viewed.

Skipping further ahead into late 2012, I'm sure to most of you stream watchers this commercial is familiar. A group of us EVS riders got a message from Sween asking to make an EVS ad for the SX live stream. I couldn't back off the offer and made this: (Video has been unlisted until now)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My first skin ever was quite successful I'd say. It got its last recognition this year in January. I was drinking a fanta and I said to myself, "I wonder if I can skin for MXS." So I went up to my room and created my Fanta Yamahas.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7938

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enough of my stuff, share yours. Doesn't need to be your creations, just what has caught your eye. I think its cool to look back on what made this game fun and what has gotten me stuck on it since 2010.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Racers52

Re: The Old MX Simulator

Post by Racers52 »

This video is what hooked me on sim, the day I watched this video I downloaded the beta and played it until I got a pc in 2012, then bought the actual game.
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

Post by Yamahaulin »

THIS VID inspired me to go fast
2017 Sim Cup Champion | 2014 East Coast Supercross Champion | 2013 MEC Champion | 2013 250 MX Outdoor Champion | 2013 Grand National Champion | 2013 250 West Coast Supercross Champion
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I thought this was old MXS? This all look hella recent to me. :lol:

My first video which has went nothing but downhill so I've left it up but try and hide as much as possible. Still not close to old but what a sick track this was.

One of my prouder edits but still pretty pooptastic.

BUT this isn't a glorify yourself chat. When I think of old MXS I think of Mace's Freeride videos. This was the coolest thing ever and even though I was already playing before (I can never say, "I saw this video then got the game." and sometimes it makes me angry. Shoutout MGF forums I guess.) but, I got so much inspiration on how to ride and fun things to try with the pre-releases.

JLV also put up some video's and since YT was blocked at school and Google Video wasn't I'd show my friends the race he did at X1b daily, can't share that anymore because we all know what Google video is now.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I found this video late one night when I was looking at how to mod MvA. Watched this video about 10 times before I realized that the game had website, and a demo. Still love this video.
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

these videos pretty much got me into sim

and then my first crappy edit
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

Back in the day (2011) these were my first video's. These links are weird so I hope they work..

Has 5,000 views and counting..but still from 2011. Don't mind the typo's. I was like, 13 or so.
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

DP of course the first one won't work, so here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jy4ffn ... XXwYpzds7g
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Yamahaulin wrote:THIS VID inspired me to go fast
Oh fuck yeah bud!
you are a G jlv
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Havn't watched that video for years, good times.
you are a G jlv
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

One of these threads wouldn't be complete without a Mittocs vid.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Half of all the UIDs came from Mittocs videos!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

He was the McGrath, just good. Didn't have this extensive tryhard, just played around and was naturally good. Now the competition levels are killing this game. Back then getting to race was cool but now there is so much pressure for some reason that no one has fun anymore.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

ALL HAIL SCOTTY!!!! His videos and Kawasakis video of the WMSA National at Budds are what sold me on this game. I remember being on MGF (before it crashed and went to MXG-HQ, which is also taken down now) and the game was talked about but I didn't know much about it, MvA was still king back in those days.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.