2009-09-02 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Re: 2009-09-02 snapshot

Post by jbob23 »

wow great work JLV. This is just awesome. I love going through that sand section. Seems pretty damn realistic to me. Also the new roost looks unbelievable while riding. (not to mention all the great screenshots people are already posting with it) Specially going through the sand section. I could ride that all day. This just adds to me not being able to put the game down for a long period of time. I've been playing just about everyday for about 2 years now lol. and im still inconsistent and slow haha.
fabmx1

Post by fabmx1 »

Bravo Great Snapshot! So, for me the same problem like the last one, my 3 rd view is too high (i set the high in playback mode) now! Before this 2 lasts snapshot it works ok.... How to change the 3 rd view (you do like me in the playback mode?)? I'm noob so i wan't a tip, please. thx
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

It's hard to understand what you are saying exactly, but is the problem after you have watched a race with the free 3d camera, and then you start a new race? In that case the only way to get the camera to reset to its normal position is to restart the game.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DJ wrote:This has nothing to do with the decals, its for the tiles underneath. Change the name of the decals file for jlv's track, go into it, and see how the tiles are placed
icic aswell, but how do you get to place the differant tiles? So you put all of what tileinfo contain's into your track folder then from in-game you can place the differant tiles?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
fabmx1

Post by fabmx1 »

Sorry DDMX i'm french so i don't speak very well english, so.... With this new snapshot my 3 rd view is to high (i use normaly a view more low). How did you set the high of the 3 rd view?
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

what about an HD shadingx2???
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

fabmx1 wrote:Sorry DDMX i'm french so i don't speak very well english, so....
off topic but I find funny that french people always say "sorry, I'm french SO I don't speak english very well". It's like we're french so we can't speak decent english.
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

mud where? must be missing something but sand is sick

huntermx4

Post by huntermx4 »

blah thas really weird....i have no clue bro
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You have it in a sub-folder.
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

WILSONATV wrote:You have it in a sub-folder.
wow cant beleive i forgot about that
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Noob^^^
DankeKTM21 wrote:what about an HD shadingx2???
jlv wrote:It completely replaces shading.ppm. The shadingx2.ppm colors are blended sort of like overlay mode, except full white only doubles the color underneath instead of turning it completely white.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I know the mud is a little extreme. I started out with it much less slippery but I wanted to really test the slip speed based friction and see how far I could push it while still keeping things somewhat controllable. For most mud you would want to have the friction start to kick in at a slower slip rate.
Sonnette wrote:If so do the stock tracks get any update on this one ? And how hard is it to implement this on old tracks ?
It wouldn't be hard to update the old tracks, but I'm going to leave them alone. Changing the traction settings will drastically change the lap times so it would be better to just make new tracks.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

jlv wrote:I know the mud is a little extreme. I started out with it much less slippery but I wanted to really test the slip speed based friction and see how far I could push it while still keeping things somewhat controllable. For most mud you would want to have the friction start to kick in at a slower slip rate.
Sonnette wrote:If so do the stock tracks get any update on this one ? And how hard is it to implement this on old tracks ?
It wouldn't be hard to update the old tracks, but I'm going to leave them alone. Changing the traction settings will drastically change the lap times so it would be better to just make new tracks.

Does this mean we will be seeing some more tracks in the stock server in the near future?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Not until after I have pixel shaders done. Once that's done, I'll be making new content to take advantage of the new features.

Also, I forgot to answer cobra -
can i make a track on your test track, with the news things??
Yes. The track is public domain and you can use or modify it any way you like. I've updated the original post with a notice.