2009-09-02 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mikey

Re: 2009-09-02 snapshot

Post by Mikey »

JLV hook that track on the stock server just to mix it up abit
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

something that would be cool is mud accumulation and rain, that stuff + this new tiles would be FREAKING AWESOME!
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Been gone for two days and all the action happens (maybe I should be gone more often...).

The test track is pretty fun, this opens up a lot of possibilities- both visually and the way tracks ride. Great work :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
zane

Post by zane »

I believe the mud is as slippery as it should be. The only reason you dont tend to side that much in real life is becuase its not all usually mud.

the mud on jlv's track would be like riding in pretty much slosh, without any sort of hard pack.

heres an example of just how slippery mud can be:

Redbull
Team: Privateer

Post by Redbull »

lol ive rode in that before not fun i couldnt even get out of first gear it was like a hare scramble i spent so much energy into controlling the handlebars after 1 lap i was toast. I love how #22 just pins it up the hill wide open and there is dramatic music at the end :p I think some guy was on a CR480 or CR450 way too much power for that slippy mud.
ImageFRAUD IS A CRIME SAM!!!
denisdirtbike

Post by denisdirtbike »

i just want to leave my feedback on the new snapshot. This game is the best or second best gaming experience i ever had.

the game is made to give a real life sensation and it does a great job. i bought the game back when there was no foward or back lean and it still delivered to making me think i was riding in real life, but with every update this game received by JVL has been for the best. It has surpassed my expectations and the best part was to see the game develop into what it is today.
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

when i go to hit connect on multiplayer nothing shows up. its completely blank does anyone know why i'm having this problem?
ReNNy

Post by ReNNy »

nice! particles are comming along nicely. I like the water effects too..

BUT.

not a huge fan of the handling in sand and mud as the rider has pretty piss weak arms it seems, which in turn becomes less about balancing the bike and more of getting the rider to flop his arms (handlebars) into the right direction. maybe both sand and mud sections might work better with proper rut lines we can rail in but on plain flat areas the mud and sand is terrible (jelly arms).

nevertheless great work on another update JLV.

PS. when we gonna see some ragdolls (PROPER CRASHES) and rider/bike shadows. I lose my mind when i see a new snapshot in the hope that ill see "Implemented rider disconnection from bike when severe contact with ground occurs". maybe even some left and right body/rider leaning? eh eh. i mentioned this before mxvsatv: reflex was even announced. i swear rainbow read my mind, or someone elses?! i think they have been reading alot of whats in the mxsim suggestion thread HAHA.
chez

Post by chez »

is anyone else getting problems with throttle sticking or clutch or any button it only happens with this snapshot not with the old ones its really annoying
KTM
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

every once in a while i will get like a slight lag bump and whatever button i happened to be pressing at that time will be stuck on until i hit that button again. I have always dealt with that tho. Does your game seem to be running any different?
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Same thing that happens to dearn happens to me, doesn't happen a whole lot though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
fabmx1

Post by fabmx1 »

yFMX wrote:
fabmx1 wrote:Sorry DDMX i'm french so i don't speak very well english, so....
off topic but I find funny that french people always say "sorry, I'm french SO I don't speak english very well". It's like we're french so we can't speak decent english.
Au lieu de faire de la lèche avec les américains et me faire passer pour un boufon, tu ferais mieux de m'aider! Sympa la solidarité entre Français, ça résume bien l'état d'esprit qu'il règne en France...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

fabmx1 wrote:Instead of making bootlicking with the Americans and getting me for a boufon, you would better make to help me! Nice solidarity between Frenchman, this sums up frame of mind definitely that he reigns in France...
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

fabmx1 wrote:Au lieu de faire de la lèche avec les américains et me faire passer pour un boufon, tu ferais mieux de m'aider! Sympa la solidarité entre Français, ça résume bien l'état d'esprit qu'il règne en France...
1. Je fais "de la lèche" personne.
2. Je faisais juste la constatation que quand quelqu'un dit qu'il parle pas bien anglais, il est souvent français et que c'est comme si il s'excusait d'être français. Cette constatation ne te visait pas personnellement et n'avait pas pour but d'insulter donc je pense pas t'avoir pris pour un bouffon.
3. Si j'avais la solution à ton problème, je t'aurai aidé avec joie.

1. I'm not bootlicking to anybody
2. I was just stating the fact that when somebody says he doesn't speak english well, he's often french et it's like he apologizes for being french. This wasn't aimed at you personally and wasn't with the aim of insulting so I don't think I made you look like a buffoon.
3. If I had the answer for your problem, I'd have helped you with great pleasure.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

Ok this is sick!
I give 4 and ½ starts to this new thingy :P
I love mud and i love sand, only thing is sand reminds me of snow THAT IS sick too,
But only thing that get ½ out the "review" is that when the.. ruuts? roots? something like that, the thingys that fly of the mud when you ride lol..
When i look in playback mode and try to film it, i see there is like a squer gruep of them in one root, like they look fantastic but sometimes separetet squers fly of and that gets me thinking.. i should think should i.

Ou and btw the mud/water thingy, you need to develope that more (I know its hard but in faraway future)
And lol mayby your next project would be rain? ;)
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.